• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

A Proverb For These Troubling Times

Discussion in 'Proverbs - A Chapter a Day' started by Lulav, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Lulav

Lulav Older than ZIP Codes Staff Member Administrator CF Staff Trainer Supporter Staff on LOA CF Senior Ambassador

+6,708
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I found this and thought it was something that could give comfort to those feeling 'punished' or sad about sheltering in place.

Proverbs 22 (NKJ)

1 A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches,
    Loving favor rather than silver and gold.

2 The rich and the poor have this in common,
    The Lord is the maker of them all.

3 A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself,
    But the simple pass on and are punished.

NIV

The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.

And to go deeper, not just taking refuge inside your home, but

Ps 18:2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+29,493
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I love Proverbs. Same with Psalms. Seems to be something for everyone. :)

3. JackRT

JackRT OOPS!!! Supporter

+14,571
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Proverb collections are common in many cultures. One of my favourites is a fisherman's proverb from India --- "Pray to God but row away from the rocks."

4. tim hu

tim hu New Member

+23
    Kazakhstan
    Christian
    Married
    Proverbs 3: 1. My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart,
    1. My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart,
    2. for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity.
    3. Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
    4. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.
    5. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
    6. in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.