A prayer to get rid of demons and break family curses....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rising_Suns

'Christ's desolate heart is in need of comfort'
Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
Here's a nice prayer I stumbled upon called the "spiritual warefare prayer". It will help clense your body mind and soul of any demonic posession or obsession, and it will break any family curses that you may have. Try saying this to yourself out loud:

INTRO:

Heavenly Father, I come before you in praise, worship, and adoration. Thank you for sending your son Jesus to give me life, to give me forgiveness, to give me a plce in your family. Thank you for sending the holy spirit to guide me and empower me in my daily life. Heavenly Father, open my eyes that I may see your greatness, Your majesty. Your Victory on my behalf.

I place myself now under the cross of Jesus Christ and cover my self with the precious blood of Jesus. I surrender myself with the light of Christ and say in the name of Jesus that nothing shall interfer with the Lord's work being accomplished in my life.

"I put on God's armor to resist the devil's tactics. I stand my ground with truth buckled around my waist and integrity for my breastplate. I carry the shield of faith to put out the burning arrows of the evil one. I accept salvation from God to be my helmet and recieve the word of God from the spirit to use as a sword."--Eph 6:10-17

Heavenly Father please show me any way that satan has ahold of my life. I let go of all those ways now. Any territory I have handed over to satan I now reclaim and place under the lordship of Jesus Christ. 

PART 1: demons

In the name of Jesus Christ, I bind all spirits of the air, fire, water, ground, underground, and netherworld. I bind all forces of evil and claim the blood of Jesus on the atmosphere, the water, the ground, and their fruits around us, the underground and nether world. In the name of Jesus Christ, I seal this room and all members of my family, relatives, friends, and all sorces of supply in the blood of Jesus Christ. In the name of Jesus Christ I forbid every spirit from any source from harming me in any way. 

PART 2: Curses:

In the name of Jesus Christ, I reject the seductive lure of evil in all its forms and refuse to let sin have dominion over me. I reject satan and all his works and all his empty promises. Heavenly Father, I ask forgiveness for myself, my friends, relatives and ancestors for calling upon powers that set themselves up in opposition to Jesus Christ. I renounce all openess to the occult, all false worship and all benefits from magical arts. I renounce every power apart from God and every form of worship that does not offer true honor to Jesus Christ. I specifically renounce ___________. In the name of Jesus Christ, I break any curses that may be coming against me and my family, and stop the transmission of those curses through my ancestry.

In the name of Jesus Christ, I bind you spirit of __________ (ask the Lord to reveal the name. For example; lust, fear, unforgiveness, illness, etc).  I bind you away from me now in Jesus' name. Lord Jesus, fill me with your love to replace the fear, fill me with strength to replace the weakness, etc.

Loving Father, let the cleansing, healing waters of my baptism flow back through the generations to purify my family line of containation. Thank you Lord for setting me free. "In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us" Rom *:37

Spend a few moments in praise.....

Reactions: Gnostic Guy

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OwA, I'm sort of inclined to agree. . .

There are some good points there, namely the armor of God, the renunciation of sin, trusting and praying to God. . .and demons and Satan are real, and we need God's protection.

However some of that prayer sounds. . .strange. eee. . . :eek: :eek:

And "spirits of the air, fire, water, ground, underground, and netherworld" still sounds close to a direct quote from an episode of "Yuyu Hakusho." I wonder if the prayer writer is at the least a closet fan, since that anime is controversial among Christians due to its occultism.

:sorry: I'm sorry for the previously present light tone and ad hominem attack in this post. :sorry: :bow:  

Upvote 0
Susan leaves the room for a second to stop laughing and get serious

That is so rude...

A lot o people could and do treat your beliefs with equal scorn...

How do you feel when they laugh at you and make fun of the things dear to you?

Does not your Paul say something along the lines of "kindness toward one another..."

Perhaps you have some issues that need dealing with?

Perhaps you should stop victimizing people and go deal with them...

Upvote 0
I realize that the way in which a prayer is said is of little consequence...as praying for show isn't what it's all about.

I'm just saying that this prayer, to me, sounds paganish. The idea is very serious, the prayer itself isn't something I would personally partake in due to the fact that it makes me uncomfortable.

But hey...whatever makes someone happy, content, and in touch with the Lord. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
*Mod hat on*

I think we all need to respect one another's opinions and feelings about this topic. Rising_Suns has posted that this prayer is serious and we should take him at his word. If you don't agree with something that has been said in this thread by any poster, you are free to PM the member and continue the discussion there, or report the post to a Moderator. Thanks for your cooperation!

*Mod hat off*

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by debs
Im also uncomfortable with this prayer..not all that glitters is gold as they say. I also discern something attached to this that is not of God..if you know what I mean...theres other warfare prayers listed in this forum that are shall we say....um...healthier?

I'm curious, through your discernement, what is wrong with this prayer? How is this prayer not healthy?

Upvote 0

AnnMercy2

Goofball
Aug 18, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
✟4,976.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Rising_Suns

PART 1: demons

In the name of Jesus Christ, I bind all spirits of the air, fire, water, ground, underground, and netherworld. I bind all forces of evil and claim the blood of Jesus on the atmosphere, the water, the ground, and their fruits around us, the underground and nether world. In the name of Jesus Christ, I seal this room and all members of my family, relatives, friends, and all sorces of supply in the blood of Jesus Christ. In the name of Jesus Christ I forbid every spirit from any source from harming me in any way. 

I think maybe the part I would and maybe others (I'm just guessing here) are having a bit of a problem with is the demons part.

I guess the air, fire, water ground, underground, and netherworld part might need a little more explaining. I guess that would be the part that made me a little uncomfortable. I mean, I believe that there are demons and we bind them and rebuke them and all. But I guess when you start talking about air, fire, water, ground, underground, and netherworld, it raises some questions. All the rest of the prayers I'm in complete agreement with. I'm not sure I did a real good job of explaining, but then again I'm not real good at putting my thoughts into words. Hope you understand what I'm saying, if not I'll try to think a little more on it and come back and post later.

In Christ,
Anna

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rising_Suns

Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
I see it's a style of writing some people are not familar with, and thus get uncomfortable about. If it makes you feel better, say "I bind any spirit not of Christ"...or "I bind all evil spirits everywhere"..instead of saying the air, fire, etc....But the point is that you take the time to say this prayer, or something to this effect.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok, then it's fine by me too. It was just that "air, water, fire, whatever" line that threw me since it was so close to something most conservative Christians (including myself even) have an objection against. :)

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
Just so you guys know, "nether world" is mentioned in the bible, along with air, fire, water, etc.... here's an example:

"For my soul is surfeited with troubles and my life draws near to the nether world"--psalms 88:4

But whatever your comfortable with.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.