A prayer thread for Anastasia my sister in Christ.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So good to hear that our prayers were answered.
Glory to God and a huge basket of puppies to our faithful and loving mother Mary.

Alleluia !
Puppies?

I like puppies though. :)

This has been my prayer for a while - I feel I am too stand-offish from the Theotokos, though I do asks her prayers. To much anti-catholic teaching I suppose. Still seeking balance for myself. Brings tears to my eyes now. It was her help I wanted most. Sometimes I think her virtue makes her harder to relate to also. But today she meant a lot to me.

I love the way our faith has Christ at its center, but He is surrounded by His Mother and all the Saints, and Holy Angels, so that He, they, and we are not alone. Glory to God!

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Puppies?

I like puppies though. :)

This has been my prayer for a while - I feel I am too stand-offish from the Theotokos, though I do asks her prayers. To much anti-catholic teaching I suppose. Still seeking balance for myself. Brings tears to my eyes now. It was her help I wanted most. Sometimes I think her virtue makes her harder to relate to also. But today she meant a lot to me.

I love the way our faith has Christ at its center, but He is surrounded by His Mother and all the Saints, and Holy Angels, so that He, they, and we are not alone. Glory to God!

Ahh you grew up in a anticatholic context I get it.
I understand then that you're hesitant to pray to her ""as it's worship :p "".

I know how incorporated that mambo jambo sometimes is as I have so many relatives that basically call me a Mary worshiper :doh:

I grew up non denominational myself so I endorsed Mary faster than alot of other converts that I know of could ever do.

The beauty of Mary is that one cannot emphasise her role and love her name to greatly ad she always point at Christ.
The more I venerate her the more I worship Christ.

She is there watching over her children regardless of our feelings for her though.
It's not like she gets insulted or anything I believe.

We're not all that tough in the end of the day, not to tough to cling to our mama at least I know I'm not.

:)

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ahh you grew up in a anticatholic context I get it.
I understand then that you're hesitant to pray to her ""as it's worship :p "".

I know how incorporated that mambo jambo sometimes is as I have so many relatives that basically call me a Mary worshiper :doh:

I grew up non denominational myself so I endorsed Mary faster than alot of other converts that I know of could ever do.

The beauty of Mary is that one cannot emphasise her role and love her name to greatly ad she always point at Christ.
The more I venerate her the more I worship Christ.

She is there watching over her children regardless of our feelings for her though.
It's not like she gets insulted or anything I believe.

We're not all that tough in the end of the day, not to tough to cling to our mama at least I know I'm not.

:)

Well, it's not that I consider asking her intercession is "worship", nor simply venerating her. In this the Theotokos, the canonized Saints of the Church, and godly people in my parish are no different. I kiss the hands of a couple of wonderfully sweet and devout ladies in my parish and am helped in my understanding of how the Greeks understand this. And gladly ask their prayers!

But yes, forgive me please. Many years of being told what Catholics supposedly believe and do left their mark in the form of being overly-cautious where the Theotokos is concerned, and I recognize this misplaced reservation in myself. And pray about it. And wait on God's help in the matter, which has come in a few small baby-steps of understanding.

My situation today was the perfect stage for a little heart-opening. (I started to say eye-opening, but it was not thought-knowledge but rather heart-knowledge that was affected.)

Thank you for your prayers and posts. :)

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0