a pray for mental exhaustion

Eishiba

Dec 15, 2011
✟15,450.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have been struggling for about a year with "being perfect" as I called it. Then I was told we will never be perfect and that God accepts us as we are. I found peace but then I read Matthew 5:48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Now I am back to worrying and struggling. I feel so uninspired to keep going. It just seems inevitable that Ill wind up in hell. I can never be perfect. This is literally impossible. I have no idea what to do. Its mentally exhausting. Please pray for me...

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been struggling for about a year with "being perfect" as I called it. Then I was told we will never be perfect and that God accepts us as we are. I found peace but then I read Matthew 5:48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Now I am back to worrying and struggling. I feel so uninspired to keep going. It just seems inevitable that Ill wind up in hell. I can never be perfect. This is literally impossible. I have no idea what to do. Its mentally exhausting. Please pray for me...
You don't have to be perfect to get to heaven.

You just have to trust Jesus ....

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Are you getting enough sleep each night? Sleep deprivation has a lot to do with our mental energy.

Praying for you.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

What you should do to find a better place for peace of mind is to interpret the problematic verse in the context of its original Greek articulation. Then, it won't sound so ominously imposing. ;)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interestingly thats probably part of it. Laying awake and thinking of going to hell.
Advice? When you lay down to go to sleep in prayer that the Father for sending His son to take your penalty for you and giving you His Righteousness. Then pray to please show you the way to better serve Him and walk in the Spirit. Then you can go to sleep and dream of the Glories awaiting you not only in His Presence for evermore but in the here and now loving Him and serving His sheep.

Praying this is what will bring you His Grace and His Peace that only He can give.

Those of us who are born of the Spirit have this sure foundation our inheritance is in Christ. Don’t let the world or others steal this joy from you.

Most Christians struggle with depression I believe because they don’t think on this Joy in Christ.

God Bless!

Reactions: MommyGirl
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟319,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lord, help us to remember that You require perfection for any to enter heaven; none of us have it on our own, but all can have it credited to them in receiving Christ as Savior and Lord, and access heaven one day through His account of being perfect applied to them as the One that died in their place and paid for all their "imperfection". Amen, hallelujah, and much praise and thank be to You.
In regards to mental exhaustion: Matthew 11:28-30; Psalms 46:1; Isaiah 40:29; Isaiah 40:31; Isaiah 41:10.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
We are called to be perfect and apparently some did manage that, like Enoch and Elijah. However, obviously almost everyone is not perfect. That doesn't mean you can't get to Heaven, if you truly love and receive the Savior. It just means you will have less reward than others in Heaven.

The very fact that we are told that some will get to Heaven yet have no reward, as Messiah said, let's you know some definitely imperfect people are still getting in there.

Don't focus on your imperfections. Focus on the Lord. Don't struggle to be perfect. As you get closer and closer to Him you will be perfected automatically more and more.

Praying for your peace and guidance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
And P.S. As you focus more and more on the Lord, guess what? He is going to show your ever more imperfections, imperfections you never even thought about. But He will do that in a gentle, helpful, non condemnatory, way, all to cause you more and more blessings in this life and the next.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Learn to just unplug from all the things that stirr up your mind, like social media, television, you tube....
and come to Him in quietness, and lern to be still in your mind and heart.

Put on some quiet music and turn your mind upon Him, in peace and quiet.

He loves you.

In His presence, He will restore your soul and renew your mind.

Be still and know He is God, and He loves you and wants to be with you.

He is your peace.

JLB

Upvote 0