Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a real season of blessings in my life and I'm just so incredibly thankful to God for all the amazing things He's done! Two weeks ago, I had gotten married. One thing my husband and I really wanted was for the gospel to be preached to our family and friends at our wedding and our pastor preached a lovely message on salvation. My mom accepted Jesus as her Lord and savior that day and I couldn't have asked for a more amazing wedding gift! This past weekend, she was baptized and I cried like a baby through the whole thing out of the pure joy I felt in my heart. Jesus is sooo good!!!

My prayer request is one for my father. He's a very prideful man and all these years I've spoken to him about the gospel, he constantly would reject it or not want to listen. Since our wedding, he keeps coming back to the topic of God and last night he actually sent me a text message out of the blue saying "I've given doctors and hospitals time to help me but never do I give any time to God. I think it's time." Wow! It would be a real miracle for my dad to turn from his ways and submit his life to Christ and it's something I've been praying on for a long time. So please, pray for my dad's salvation!

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Amazing! Such great timing for your mom's conversion, too.

Praying for your dad, certainly. How to help him understand God will largely depend on what's holding him up; if it's understanding the Trinity, I highly recommend The "One Thing" is Three, by Fr. Michael Gaitley. If it's understanding the rationality of the faith (why we can be so sure that Jesus resurrected, how we can trust the Gospels, is there any logic to this belief, etc.), try Cold Case Christianity. It's written by a police detective who was an "angry atheist" who decided to look at Christianity like his cold cases; something happened a long time ago, all the primary sources are gone, but there's still a lot of evidence. The author (J. Warner Wallace) converted as he wrote it, finding sufficient evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt" that Christianity is true!

Try to find apologetics from former atheists; someone matching his background should be something he'll respond to the best. "Can you be sure there's no God?" is a great question to get people thinking (though at this point, he's probably already been asked that).

Oh, and patience. You'll oftentimes need a lot of patience for someone to convert. Just remember how much patience God's had with us, and remember that it's all in His time frame!

May God bless you & your newly expanded family!

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟319,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow!!! What a great praise and prayer request. Thank You, Father, for this mom being saved on this wedding day, and for this daughter that has witnessed to her parents. May her father be given all the opportunity now to be able to be saved as well. What a great thing that would be for this family. Amen.

Upvote 0

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord bless this prayer request thank you for saving tryphena rose's mom we pray work in tryphena rose's dad 's heart, let him give his heart to you , and accept you as his saviour, Lord please bless, in Jesus loving name, Amen!

Upvote 0

tryphena rose

Daughter of the Most High
Jun 3, 2019
Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amazing! Such great timing for your mom's conversion, too.

Praying for your dad, certainly. How to help him understand God will largely depend on what's holding him up; if it's understanding the Trinity, I highly recommend The "One Thing" is Three, by Fr. Michael Gaitley. If it's understanding the rationality of the faith (why we can be so sure that Jesus resurrected, how we can trust the Gospels, is there any logic to this belief, etc.), try Cold Case Christianity. It's written by a police detective who was an "angry atheist" who decided to look at Christianity like his cold cases; something happened a long time ago, all the primary sources are gone, but there's still a lot of evidence. The author (J. Warner Wallace) converted as he wrote it, finding sufficient evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt" that Christianity is true!

Try to find apologetics from former atheists; someone matching his background should be something he'll respond to the best. "Can you be sure there's no God?" is a great question to get people thinking (though at this point, he's probably already been asked that).

Oh, and patience. You'll oftentimes need a lot of patience for someone to convert. Just remember how much patience God's had with us, and remember that it's all in His time frame!

May God bless you & your newly expanded family!
Thank you brother for all the lovely references! Cold Case Christianity sounds very reminiscent of Lee Strobel's book a Case for Christ. I may even have to give it a read since I love apologetic/testimonial books! God bless! :wave:

Upvote 0