✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've talked with about 200 different people over the course of the last 5 years, random people pretty much, and many of them have made political points.

What I have noticed is most people have a valid point. Yes.

The most common error is in what is omitted - sure there are a lot of logical fallacies making the rounds - but the biggest problem is a person focuses on one thing and ignores everything else.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: evoeth

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I often heard the phrase 'Big Government' from Republicans. I didn't give it any credence, as after all 'Big Business' and the banks are running all over everyone and nothing except the government is likely to stop them.

But it won't because it is owned by the lobbyists, themselves owned by Big Business and the banks.

But then I discovered what Big Government is - it's great big huge unbelievably complex hopelessly unfathomable Gigantic Government. Full of people who don't know what they are talking about and have no interest in getting anything right.

I'll show you a picture of just one part of it, some of the healthcare system.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
US Healthcare System.png

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I spent months getting increasingly baffled and depressed and stressed trying to get medical care. Oh, of course there's the private medical companies too I should add to the diagram, and a lot of overlap between public and private as well - the reality is a lot more complex than the diagram above indicates.

That is part of what Republicans are concerned about. It's a valid point.

But eliminating regulations just lets the greediest people steal from everyone else, and there is no limit to how far that can go. All of the wealth could end up in very few hands.

More money means more lobbyists and that means control over Congress. And that buys politicians and puts more money into the pockets of the wealthiest companies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Abe on Citizens United abridged.png

Apparently this was written by a secretary of Abe's, and the second part looks recent, but it still makes the point and I would say is very accurate. So there's a very valid point many Democrats make.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Both sides I think are correct, and a possible solution would be to make lots of well-paid jobs, not just making administration more and more complicated, but doing actual useful work.

I would suggest the biggest waste today is the number of people disconnected from their own work, dissatisfied, not interested, not empowered, not fully involved, not creating.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And then there is the Green POV. Potentially a lot move important than the other ones.

For a number of years there was reasonable doubt that Global temperatures were rising:
1. The temperature stations had until about 1970 been painted in whitewash, having CaCO3 as the reflecting pigment, then changed to white latex with TiO2 as the reflecting pigment.
2. The temperature monitoring stations remained in the same places while urbanization increased the temperatures of the immediate areas around them.

But temperatures measured directly in boreholes showed a temperature profile of rising temperatures recently, the oxygen isotope O-18 abundance in cave stalactites likewise indicated rising temperatures and so did 4 other means of measurement.

What put the cap on it was melting snow caps on Mars. Rising temperatures there too.

Upvote 0