a pastor ridicules single christian men who play video games calling them losers

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anything can be sinful, it all depends the place the person has allowed it to take in their heart, whatever "it" is. Be it a golden calf, money, video games... etc. Anything can be an idol.

In most cases though a game is just a game.

That said, just because it is permissible, doesnt mean its necessarily beneficial either.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
As long as video games are not your life, then there is 100% absolutely nothing wrong with it or them, they are no different than watching a movie or getting involved in a show, it's "entertainment", but just like movies and shows, don't do or participate in things that would go against your conscience...

I don't watch movies or shows, so I play video games "sometimes", "sometimes", cause they are not my life...

Just like movies or tv shows, they can be a way to take a "break" and be quite relaxing and enjoyable, there are certainly worse things you could be involved in and or doing with your time...

And I think some video games can actually be "educational" actually, cause they are interactive and involve stories and choices usually, much like life, but not real life, etc...

This pastor seems pretty "ignorant" BTW...

A lot of very intelligent people play video games... A lot of them do have a way of making you "think"...

God Bless!

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He's not off. The time young men waste on video games deserves to be called out.
dunno i mean i dont game long like 18 hours a day obviously i i take breaks like go to the shop or heloo my dying mum with tea or feed my animals but im also starting to make time listening to the bible i love job ad john they are pretty good

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
He's not off. The time young men waste on video games deserves to be called out.
It's time "spent", not "wasted", but yeah, there are some young men, for whom video games are all they spend their time doing, and in that case, they need to spend less time playing them and doing other things...

But it's no different than people with their "televisions" I think, most of the time...

They call it the "boob tube" for a reason...

God Bless!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As long as video games are not your life, then there is 100% absolutely nothing wrong with it or them, they are no different than watching a movie or getting involved in a show, it's "entertainment", but just like movies and shows, don't do or participate in things that would go against your conscience...

I don't watch movies or shows, so I play video games "sometimes", "sometimes", cause they are not my life...

Just like movies or tv shows, they can be a way to take a "break" and be quite relaxing and enjoyable, there are certainly worse things you could be involved in and or doing with your time...

And I think some video games can actually be "educational" actually, cause they are interactive and involve stories and choices usually, much like life, but not real life, etc...

This pastor seems pretty "ignorant" BTW...

A lot of very intelligent people play video games... A lot of them do have a way of making you "think"...

God Bless!
yeah like mie craft i love it people even built real city which took years

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i seen online that a texan pastor ridicules single christian men who play video games calling them losers and he encoureges wifely rebellian and said single christian guys that game like myself have a and i quote retarded spirit

http://ifyouonlynews.com/videos/tex...ames-are-losers-with-a-retarded-spirit-video/

You get a pastor from time to time who has something against video games. For me, I often participate in outreaches, I guess you could call me an evangelist. I have seen God heal the sick through prayer, and God has performed many signs to and through me. Yet through all this time I have continued to play video games. God has never taken me to task over it. In fact I believe he understands that I enjoy it. The bible tells us that the "joy of the LORD will be your strength". People who complain about video games have their reasons, but I believe they are too harsh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The manner in which he makes his point might lead one to believe that this pastor is not aware of the Fruits of the Spirit.

Yes. Mockery and ridicule are almost guaranteed to be a complete turn off to the very people he wants so much to change. His approach is entirely wrong but it does serve very well to make him feel smug and superior.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. Mockery and ridicule are almost guaranteed to be a complete turn off to the very people he wants so much to change. His approach is entirely wrong but it does serve very well to make him feel smug and superior.

Agreed. If the pastor is concerned about young men he considers to be playing too many video games, there are respectful and loving ways to put that point across. Peter said always to communicate with 'gentleness and respect'. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I need to hear the pastor's side of the story before fully passing judgement--I didn't even catch who the pastor is, from the video. Plus the narrator on the video is a Christian using cuss words.

However, so far I think the pastor is more wrong than right. And why single out the single Christians--let alone the single Christian MEN? The married spouses and parents need to be singled out first, since there's a chance they might pay too much attention to their games and not to their families. Even then, I wouldn't judge single parents. Maybe help them, yes. Judge, no. They could be going through h-e-double-l with their broken relationships, and video games might be their escape.

Anyway, Jesus was very clear the seriousness of calling a Christian brother an idiot. The pastor's going to need to clarify that.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
About them not being or becoming your whole life, for example, today, I woke up in the morning, watched a few pastoral video's (well, more listened to actually), cleaned my house (apartment), took care of and played with/payed attention to my fur babies on and off throughout the day, (my two spoiled kitties) went for a two hour long bike ride around my town (stopped by the video game store to check out the games), which I do regularly for exercise (the bike ride part), made sweet n sour chicken and rice for dinner, called a few people and talked to them on the phone, listened to music, and came on here, and I still do read and/or listen to the Bible regularly, or often, and I haven't actually played any video games in a couple days, sometimes I go weeks or more without playing it or them, but I do like to get into a game every now and then, but also have times where I don't for a time or for a while, etc, etc, etc...

You know "life"...

And like I said, I really don't watch television of movies much, etc.. Except for an older movie, every once in great, great while, but other than that, I really don't, etc...

Sometimes I have friends, or a friend or relative over every once in a while, or I go visit them, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyway, Jesus was very clear the seriousness of calling a Christian brother an idiot. The pastor's going to need to clarify that.

Controversy and sensationalism generates publicity, fame and wealth. Sadly, that maybe what he is trying to do. We're all talking about him after all. God Bless :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i seen online that a texan pastor ridicules single christian men who play video games calling them losers and he encoureges wifely rebellian and said single christian guys that game like myself have a and i quote retarded spirit

http://ifyouonlynews.com/videos/tex...ames-are-losers-with-a-retarded-spirit-video/
That story is 3.5 years old.

If this pastor, or anyone laughing along with him utilizes the Internet to make money at all, they depend on technicians to get their sites and systems back up when they go down. They depend on these technicians to maintain these systems and properly advise how to work with them. This requires not only specialized knowledge to the systems themselves, but also logic, critical thinking, the ability to notice key details, the ability to create complex plans and then distill them down into simple ones in a short time, and a certain level of raw intelligence. This enables them to resolve issues that their clients have wrestled with for weeks in minutes, hours, or in some rare cases, days. And most of the technicians are grown men. And many of them play games in their spare time for more than 20 minutes. So, a "retarded spirit?" I think not. I do hope that he has repented of his prideful and ignorant spirit. I haven't found anything yet to indicate that he has or hasn't since he stained his congregation's minds and souls with that rant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I need to hear the pastor's side of the story before fully passing judgement--I didn't even catch who the pastor is, from the video. Plus the narrator on the video is a Christian using cuss words.

However, so far I think the pastor is more wrong than right. And why single out the single Christians--let alone the single Christian MEN? The married spouses and parents need to be singled out first, since there's a chance they might pay too much attention to their games and not to their families. Even then, I wouldn't judge single parents. Maybe help them, yes. Judge, no. They could be going through h-e-double-l with their broken relationships, and video games might be their escape.

what dd jesus say about callng a chrstan brother an idiot

Upvote 0