Moxie123

Aug 19, 2011
Southern California
✟16,333.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually, all governments have a moral responsibility to protect their citizens from harm be it educational, by neglecting certain essential subjects which all humans should be familiar with or physical by failing to take measures to make sure that the weak are not at the mercy of the mercilessly strong either foreign or citizens themselves. . That was pointed out in Plato's Republic where the government is compared to a parent of its citizens.

The government is a beast without God, and without God, there is inevitable failure.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The government is a beast without God, and without God, there is inevitable failure.
It might be a beast, but we are told to respect its authority if that beast is not demanding unrighteous things from us.
That beast is permitted to exist so we can have some semblance of sanity and not dissolve into total chaos. That's what the NT means when it tells us:

Rom 13: 11
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God. 2Consequently, the one who resists authority is opposing what God has set in place, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.…

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually, a drivers license does not guarantee competence. It is for those "operating" in commerce such as taxi drivers, bus truck and limo drivers, etc. people who use the roads and a car or truck to make their money.

I see what you're saying. Did you know that a marriage license, enrollment into public school, and other government "benefits" are contracts giving permission for government to supervise both children and their parents? This is why social services takes kids away from parents so easily.

I never claimed that a driver's license guarantees that those driving won't make mistakes or prevents them from even choosing to ignore what they learned. What it prevents is the plowing through people or winding up upside down in a ditch based on ignorance of how to drive properly.

True, government is provided with permission to intercede if it detects child abuse and the authority to make the child a temporary ward of the state for the child's own protection. My former beastly wife lost custody of our youngest daughter because the government interceded to prevent any further physical and mental abuse. Had it not been for that, she might have very well killed her. Of course she fought the state and me tooth and nail to retain custody. Unfortunately, for the beast, the child herself had called the police by dialing 911 after the beast had savagely administered the last beating.

Upvote 0

Moxie123

Aug 19, 2011
Southern California
✟16,333.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It might be a beast, but we are told to respect its authority if that beast is not demanding unrighteous things from us.
That beast is permitted to exist so we can have some semblance of sanity and not dissolve into total chaos. That's what the NT means when it tells us:

Rom 13: 11
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God. 2Consequently, the one who resists authority is opposing what God has set in place, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.…

Why do Christians assume that "governing authorities" mean police, mayors, state governors and Obama? This assumption is way off base with what is written in the law of the land.

Upvote 0

Moxie123

Aug 19, 2011
Southern California
✟16,333.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I never claimed that a driver's license guarantees that those driving won't make mistakes or prevents them from even choosing to ignore what they learned. What it prevents is the plowing through people or winding up upside down in a ditch based on ignorance of how to drive properly.

Look up the word "driver" in the law dictionary and tell me what you see.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Look up the word "driver" in the law dictionary and tell me what you see.
Why not state what you are saying directly and clearly instead of trying to be as cryptic as possible?
If you are against preventing child abuse then there has to be a personal reason why.

You want to give the impression that my analogy is false but fail to provide justifiable reasons why it should be considered that way. That proves NOTHING except that you are averse to the idea of children being protected.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why do Christians assume that "governing authorities" mean police, mayors, state governors and Obama? This assumption is way off base with what is written in the law of the land.
What does it mean to you? You make a lot of sound but essentially say NOTHING!

Upvote 0

Moxie123

Aug 19, 2011
Southern California
✟16,333.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why not state what you are saying directly and clearly instead of trying to be as cryptic as possible?

I am trying to get you to see with your own eyes that, in a law dictionary, words like "driver" do not have the meaning that you assume they do. I'm trying to get you to see how a drivers license is really not about keeping each other from harm. And Romans 13 falls along that same line.

Upvote 0

Moxie123

Aug 19, 2011
Southern California
✟16,333.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What does it mean to you? You make a lot of sound but essentially say NOTHING!

I'm not talking about the child abuse issue, but about Romans 13.

Most Christians assume that the government with Obama et al is what God put before them. What they don't realize is there is another zone/jurisdiction/level of citizenship which is lawfully recognized and separate from the default one, but is not "advertised".

We the people are the masters. Government is the servant. But people today have it backwards because they don't read the law with their own eyes, but depend on hearsay from these alleged "masters."

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am trying to get you to see with your own eyes that, in a law dictionary, words like "driver" do not have the meaning that you assume they do. I'm trying to get you to see how a drivers license is really not about keeping each other from harm. And Romans 13 falls along that same line.

So according to you, it makes absolutely no difference if you share the road with totally incompetent ignorant drivers?
I find that impossible to believe. I also find it impossible to believe that you feel that a driver's license has no effect on how people will drive. I think that if you found out that the Bozo who ran you over and put you in a wheelchair for life didn't have a drivers license you would use that against the clown in court and if you found out that the government had been lax you and your lawyer would hone in on that to get compensation just like all the rest of us would.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Moxie123

Aug 19, 2011
Southern California
✟16,333.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So according to you, it makes absolutely no difference if you share the road with totally incompetent ignorant drivers?

Here in Southern California, I share the road with extremely incompetent drivers every day of the week.

A drivers license is a DMV money gimmick and is only required for those who "operate in commerce" such as taxi, bus, limo, and truck drivers, but most have been hoodwinked into getting one:

"When the public highways are made the place of business the state has a right to regulate their use in the interest of safety and convenience of the public as well as the preservation of the highways." [Barney v. Railroad Commissioners]

"The word `automobile' connotes a pleasure vehicle designed for the transportation of persons on highways." American Mutual Liability Ins. Co., v. Chaput, 60 A.2d 118, 120; 95 NH 200.

“The term `motor vehicle' is different and broader than the word `automobile.'" [City of Dayton v. DeBrosse, 23 NE.2d 647, 650; 62 Ohio App. 232]

Clearly, an automobile is private property in use for private purposes, while a motor vehicle is a machine which may be used upon the highways for trade, commerce, or hire.

I find that impossible to believe. I also find it impossible to believe that you feel that a driver's license has no effect on how people will drive. I think that if you found out that the Bozo who ran you over and put you in a wheelchair for life didn't have a drivers license you would use that against the clown in court and if you found out that the government had been lax you and your lawyer would hone in on that to get compensation just like all the rest of us would.

I do not use lawyers.

What did Jesus say about lawyers?

Luke 11:46 -- "Jesus replied, "And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them."

If any damage was caused by someone, whether traveling on a road or on the ski slopes, I will work it out with them privately as to how I will be made whole again. Should they be unwilling, I can always bring summon them into my private court of record.

I pray before I get in the car to go somewhere, and so far, so good.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here in Southern California, I share the road with extremely incompetent drivers every day of the week.

A drivers license is a DMV money gimmick and is only required for those who "operate in commerce" such as taxi, bus, limo, and truck drivers, but most have been hoodwinked into getting one:

"When the public highways are made the place of business the state has a right to regulate their use in the interest of safety and convenience of the public as well as the preservation of the highways." [Barney v. Railroad Commissioners]

"The word `automobile' connotes a pleasure vehicle designed for the transportation of persons on highways." American Mutual Liability Ins. Co., v. Chaput, 60 A.2d 118, 120; 95 NH 200.

“The term `motor vehicle' is different and broader than the word `automobile.'" [City of Dayton v. DeBrosse, 23 NE.2d 647, 650; 62 Ohio App. 232]

Clearly, an automobile is private property in use for private purposes, while a motor vehicle is a machine which may be used upon the highways for trade, commerce, or hire.

I do not use lawyers.

What did Jesus say about lawyers?

Luke 11:46 -- "Jesus replied, "And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them."

If any damage was caused by someone, whether traveling on a road or on the ski slopes, I will work it out with them privately as to how I will be made whole again. Should they be unwilling, I can always bring summon them into my private court of record.

I pray before I get in the car to go somewhere, and so far, so good.
God tells humans to pray but he doesn't tell them to drive without knowing the rules of the road.
I find your argument that a driver's license which proves that a person knows the rules of the road doesn't help silly. I also find your argument that the government should not require knowledge of the rules o9f the road for ALL drivers nonsensical.

Obviously people who don't know the rules will cause accidents based on ignorance. If you are unfamiliar with accidents caused by ignorance then perhaps you are living in an alternate reality.

But as I said, I don't believe that you really believe that absurdity. I think that you simply are anti governmental and are prone to mindlessly condemn anything and everything that smacks of government rules.. Doesn't keep you from being the beneficiary of government rules though-right? LOL!

BTW
Being a Christian doesn't require that we avoid using the services of a lawyer!
You need to become familiar with Bible verses as they are to be understood in their context.

Upvote 0

Moxie123

Aug 19, 2011
Southern California
✟16,333.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God tells humans to pray but he doesn't tell them to drive without knowing the rules of the road.

You underestimate God's power.

I find your argument that a driver's license which proves that a person knows the rules of the road doesn't help silly. I also find your argument that the government should not require knowledge of the rules o9f the road for ALL drivers nonsensical.

You need to research the history of the automobile and travel of the American roads of the 20th century. Your grandparents and great grandparents didn't have drivers licenses.

Obviously people who don't know the rules will cause accidents based on ignorance. If you are unfamiliar with accidents caused by ignorance then perhaps you are living in an alternate reality.

If I had a nickel for every time someone texts while driving, runs a red light or a stop sign, drives down a "do not enter" portion of the road, and more, I'd be a bizillionaire. That license doesn't guarantee squat.

I think that you simply are anti governmental and are prone to mindlessly condemn anything and everything that smacks of government rules.. Doesn't keep you from being the beneficiary of government rules though-right? LOL!

Not anti-governmental at all. I am the government. The Declaration says "We the People". That's me. [waves] I don't take government benefits, so no contract involved.

BTW
Being a Christian doesn't require that we avoid using the services of a lawyer!
You need to become familiar with Bible verses as they are to be understood in their context.

Anyone who does not know and learn the law correctly deserves a lawyer.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You underestimate God's power.

You need to research the history of the automobile and travel of the American roads of the 20th century. Your grandparents and great grandparents didn't have drivers licenses.

If I had a nickel for every time someone texts while driving, runs a red light or a stop sign, drives down a "do not enter" portion of the road, and more, I'd be a bizillionaire. That license doesn't guarantee squat.

Not anti-governmental at all. I am the government. The Declaration says "We the People". That's me. [waves] I don't take government benefits, so no contract involved.

Anyone who does not know and learn the law correctly deserves a lawyer.

Automobile history doesn't disprove that knowing the rules of the road are essential to reducing accidents based on ignorance.
Ummm, we live under a representative democracy. You seem to be referring to the utopian idea which Marx had in mind where everyone is his own law. Not at all, God is almighty. However, God expects us to use common sense.

Upvote 0

Moxie123

Aug 19, 2011
Southern California
✟16,333.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Automobile history doesn't disprove that knowing the rules of the road are essential to reducing accidents based on ignorance.

True to a point, but a license does not guarantee safety. Quality parenting with hands-on learning for their teens on how to conduct themselves on the road increases safety. Not governmental babysitting.

Ummm, we live under a representative democracy.
You may still live in a democracy. But the lawful Republic is still available.

You seem to be referring to the utopian idea which Marx had in mind where everyone is his own law. Not at all, God is almighty. However, God expects us to use common sense.

Read the organic Declaration and Constitution. (There are two. Read the original.) That is still valid in law for those who know how to apply it.

Then read the Old Testament where everyone abided by God's law only. (Until the book of Samuel.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
True to a point, but a license does not guarantee safety. Quality parenting with hands-on learning for their teens on how to conduct themselves on the road increases safety. Not governmental babysitting.

You may still live in a democracy. But the lawful Republic is still available.

Read the organic Declaration and Constitution. (There are two. Read the original.) That is still valid in law for those who know how to apply it.

Then read the Old Testament where everyone abided by God's law only. (Until the book of Samuel.)

No one with any brains would claim that rules guarantee 100% compliance! LOL! Funny accusation!

I don't need to read anything to know that if you are ignorant of the rules of the road you will either seriously harm yourself or someone else. Calling such a government requirement babysitting is just plain silly.

BTW
I am not saying that 100% of driver accidents are caused by ignorance of rules.
OBVIOUSLY there are drive accidents caused by intoxication, intention, or just plain daredevil stupidity. However, the situation would be far worse if no knowledge of the rules were required to be legally out on the road. That's why when you are pulled over, they immediately demand to see your license.

I was a daredevil driver who would hydroplane in thunderstorms at 95 mph on the interstate between NY and NJ. I knew the rules but didn't care. Never killed nor maimed anyone though. But that doesn't diminish my need to know that I was in violation of the speed limit-does it?

Full Definition of hydroplane
  1. intransitive verb

2. : to skim on water; especially of a vehicle : to skid on a wet surface (as pavement) because a film of water on the surface causes the tires to lose contact with it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why do we demand a license for driving? To prevent people from getting hurt.
People, children , get seriously hurt by unqualified parents. So a license which can be attained only after meeting stringent criteria should also be required of those who want to be parents. If we don't have a right to endanger others with poor driving skills, then the same should apply here.
That is the most discusting thing I have heard today, it smacks of eugenics.

Reactions: Kersh
Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No one with any brains would claim that rules guarantee 100% compliance! LOL! Funny accusation!

I don't need to read anything to know that if you are ignorant of the rules of the road you will either seriously harm yourself or someone else. Calling such a government requirement babysitting is just plain silly.

BTW
I am not saying that 100% of driver accidents are caused by ignorance of rules.
OBVIOUSLY there are drive accidents caused by intoxication, intention, or just plain daredevil stupidity. However, the situation would be far worse if no knowledge of the rules were required to be legally out on the road. That's why when you are pulled over, they immediately demand to see your license.

I was a daredevil driver who would hydroplane in thunderstorms at 95 mph on the interstate between NY and NJ. I knew the rules but didn't care. Never killed nor maimed anyone though. But that doesn't diminish my need to know that I was in violation of the speed limit-does it?

Full Definition of hydroplane
  1. intransitive verb

2. : to skim on water; especially of a vehicle : to skid on a wet surface (as pavement) because a film of water on the surface causes the tires to lose contact with it
You are contradictory in your statements. You claim not following the rules of road will result in serious injury, yet.you claim to have ignored the rule of the road and not caused any injury.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You are contradictory in your statements. You claim not following the rules of road will result in serious injury, yet.you claim to have ignored the rule of the road and not caused any injury.
I meant that not following the rules will l increase the risks of injury. I was lucky because it wasn't a habitual thing since rainstorms where I could hydroplane are rare and my trips on the highways were usually in fair whether and I wasn't always in a hurry. So I usually stayed significantly below the 65 mph speed limit. However, risking killing someone or ourselves or winding up crippled is a stupid thing to do. Rules are there for our protection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I meant that not following the rules will l increase the risks of injury. I was lucky because it wasn't a habitual thing since rainstorms where I could hydroplane are rare and my trips on the highways were usually in fair whether and I wasn't always in a hurry. So I usually stayed significantly below the 65 mph speed limit. However, risking killing someone or ourselves or winding up crippled is a stupid thing to do. Rules are there for our protection.
Rules don't protect you sane behavior does, if you have a death wish all the rules in the world won't stop you.

Reactions: Moxie123
Upvote 0