Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the forum. The bible is clear that you should not make vows which you might not keep. Fortunately God's mercy does not depend on our being wise enough to follow His advice.

Your place in Heaven is purely a gift from God. There is nothing you can do on your own to either gain it or lose it. Betting on it or making a promise for it is clearly wrong, but not necessarily fatal to your relationship with Him.

The possibility of going to Heaven is based solely on the death and resurrection of Jesus the Christ, and your willingness to put your trust in Him. I hope and pray that you will accept this free gift without attempting to add conditions to it or depending in any way on your own self. May God bless you.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
A while ago I made a pact with God and told Him that if I don't keep my promise, I give up my place in Heaven.
Problem is, I broke the promise I made. Will I go to Hell?
(PS: sorry for my bad English.)

You don't give yourself a place in Heaven, nor do you make yourself go to Hell. That jurisdiction is only through Jesus and His salvation. You breaking a promise, it bears its own punishment, you ending up feeling shameful and need to hide from God by asking us instead of just trusting God's promise for you.God's mercy and grace is sufficent, as long as you confess, turn away from making it a practice, you're alright. The fact that you are convicted shows the workings of the Holy Spirit.

Its only when you reject the Holy Spirit and denounce the salvation, that you are practically willing yourself to damnation. But that's not what is happening.

Reactions: vicc321123
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What promise did you make?
good point

It is possible God does not want you to do what you promised. And so, He would not be committed to doing it with you. In Jesus we do things with God; what He wants, He has us doing with Him . . . with "rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30)

This is sweet and tender, in sharing with Jesus our Groom and with one another who are obeying Jesus as His family. So, what we do in God's will is in family sharing . . . not you on your own making gestures of what you will do for God!

But Peter said he would go with Jesus to prison and die with Jesus. But what happened to that promise? At first, Peter so failed. But later Peter did go to prison for Christ and he died for Jesus. But it was when and how God planned, so it would turn out for God's all-loving good.

So, I would say . . . instead of isolating yourself with worry about getting just yourself to Heaven . . . care about what God wants, and share with His family in love while you find out all God desires to do with you :)

He will likely do better with you, than what you are able to promise . . . by the way.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said "without me you can do NOTHING!"

And that is literally true. It's not a good idea to think you can bargain with God. You cannot even digest your own food! - you depend on bacteria for that. Your health depends on billions of various forms of beneficial microbes - you cannot manage that on your own. You had no say in the choice of your parents, your place of birth, your date of birth, the country, culture or language into which you were born, your race or ethnicity. You didn't choose whether or not to go to school, and most likely had little or no choice in which school or at which age you would begin. Etc Etc Etc. All this is as true for me as it is for you.

Conclusion: it is pretty dumb to think that any of us can make deals with God, as if we were on equal terms. We cannot even turn to Him, unless He "draws us to Himself." So I suspect that from at least one perspective, what you thought was a deal with God, was no deal at all.

Upvote 0

vicc321123

Jul 4, 2020
Sibiu
✟10,934.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its only when you reject the Holy Spirit and denounce the salvation, that you are practically willing yourself to damnation.
The possibility of going to Heaven is based solely on the death and resurrection of Jesus the Christ, and your willingness to put your trust in Him.

Okay, but can't you follow Jesus and still choose to go to Hell? (Like Moses tried to - Exodus 32:32.)

Upvote 0