Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Both in response to your references,you did not see it was the Gentiles as well?

Huh? My question is I believe repentance is key when accepting Christ to receive the Holy Spirit, based on Acts 2:38. You say faith. What is your scripture?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
In my case, I had hands laid on me, but nothing happened until years later when I repented. What was your experience? What changed in your life as evidence?
I gave my witness in a previous post.
Had you not repented before?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Huh? My question is I believe repentance is key when accepting Christ to receive the Holy Spirit, based on Acts 2:38. You say faith. What is your scripture?

You are mixing the the scripture,I do not doubt someone can receive everything on salvation.
But repentance cannot buy you the Holy Ghost and money could not buy Simon the sorcerer Him either.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You are mixing the the scripture,I do not doubt someone can receive everything on salvation.
But repentance cannot buy you the Holy Ghost and money could not buy Simon the sorcerer Him either.

Don't you know that if someone doesn't have the Holy Spirit they don't belong to Christ? They are not saved? Do you need hands laid on you to be saved?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The Gentiles believed on Christ and were forgiven of their sins,then the Holy Ghost was poured out.
What you are telling me is you spent 30 years unsaved in Church.
I don't believe that I simply think your faith in repentance of unconfessed sin brought you the joy you have today

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Don't you know that if someone doesn't have the Holy Spirit they don't belong to Christ? They are not saved? Do you need hands laid on you to be saved?

You are very confusing and I have been kind in my responses.
Please think before you post

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You are very confusing and I have been kind in my responses.
Please think before you post

I'm not being unkind? Why would you say that? You seem to be avoiding the question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'm not being unkind? Why would you say that? You seem to be avoiding the question.
The question you have labored for days over,now tell me how the Baptism of the Holy Ghost works since it took 30 years and repentance

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The question you have labored for days over,now tell me how the Baptism of the Holy Ghost works since it took 30 years and repentance

Romans 6 tells us that we should be dead to sin, right? That is the work of the Holy Spirit. If you are not dead to sin, and find yourself powerless to not sin, then, obviously you don't have the all powerful Holy Spirit. And if you don't have the Holy Spirit then you don't belong to Christ? Right? That was my situation for the first 30 years.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Romans 6 tells us that we should be dead to sin, right? That is the work of the Holy Spirit. If you are not dead to sin, and find yourself powerless to not sin, then, obviously you don't have the all powerful Holy Spirit. And if you don't have the Holy Spirit then you don't belong to Christ? Right? That was my situation for the first 30 years.
Ok I did not want to say that many post ago ,but thank you for revealing this there is nothing wrong with your testimony.
God loves you and so do I

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Undoubtedly there is more that knowlage you want from this Fourm.
Now I have met you in other forums and I hope it is wisdom you seek rather than teaching theology.

I'm just seeing if you know Scripture well enough to recognize it when you hear it. So please answer the question.

Do you or don't you have the Holy Spirit when you are saved?

Is repentance a requirement of being saved, or does Jesus just save you and allow you to keep sinning?

When you are saved, are you dead to sin, or do you keep sinning?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What denomation were you in?

I grew up SDA and all about law for 23 years, then found grace and was in Church of Christ for a year. Then I found out that cessationism was false, and became open. But it took a situation I couldn't break free of that I realized I was powerless. That is when I cried out to God to cleanse me of all unrighteousness. And that is when the Holy Spirit fell on me like a warm robe and engulfed me. Overnight I had power to not sin, and have never willfully sinned since, but just get stronger and stronger.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
First century lady if this helps 2 of our major founders came from the Baptist Church

I was never in a Baptist Church. Most are Calvinistic. Though I was surprised to hear that Pat Robertson of 700 Club says he is Baptist. Didn't know there were any non-cessationist Baptists.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
We have the Spirit of God through Christ upon salvation.
God is three yet one,the Baptism of the Holy Ghost is a separate manifestation all believers should have but generations have taught it does not exist.
We should receive the Baptism of the Holy Ghost upon salvation but it is quenched by unbelief and man made doctrine.
They have a form of godliness but deny the power there of.
When Paul laid hands on those of John's Baptism is a good example they had never heard of the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0