Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I do.
Yes they are.
I do not sin willfully ,if so and I was unaware the Holy Ghost would convict me.
All Christians must practice santifaction, it's gets easier the more you realize it is needed.
Example someone provides a sin for you to have,you get the Spirit instantaneously and turn away or rebuke your thought.
Or say nice try devil but no sell.
All of us have a weakness in the flesh,we must rebuke it and press on because the devil knows and you know and God knows.
This is why I don't sin willfully, I'm not going to please the devil,I'm not going to destroy my life and I'm not going to willfully disobey God.

Other than the second question which I just don't know what you are saying, we agree.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Please do not take this as a insult,but your witness of being filled with the Holy Ghost is that of repentance for salvation.

The scriptures posted are that of someone being taught the Gosple of repentance.

2 Corinthians 5: 16. Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 17. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

But I may have misinterpreted you,if so my apologies.
The Baptism of the Holy Ghost is a fundamental teaching in Gods Word.
There are many examples of this aside from the outpouring at Pentecost.
I think it is mentioned 69 times in the Schripture,but still there are people in denomations that say it's gone,it was only for a while.
Pure nonsense, this validates 2nd Timothy :

2 Timothy 3: 5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

There are extremes on both sides of the belief ,and both make a mockery of the Holy Ghost.

You said: "Please do not take this as a insult, but your witness of being filled with the Holy Ghost is that of repentance for salvation."

I asked you about that, and you didn't respond to making clear your first paragraph.

I can't take that as an insult seeing as I don't know what you mean with the rest of the sentence.

What would be an insult? That you disagree with "repenting for salvation." Or my story of when I repented and was filled with the Spirit and saved after 30 years of attending church?

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh my! I thought we were on the same page when you quoted 1 John 3, but now that you have expanded what you believe is being taught, that it is only our spirit that cannot sin, but our flesh can is concerning. Where does it say our future sins are forgiven? Where does any apostle give place to us sinning in the future. In fact, that goes for our present sins as well. The Bible does teach that our past sins are forgiven, but then Jesus gives us the antidote to sinning in the present or future - the power of the Holy Spirit.

Everybody loves (Dr. Billy Graham) right? World renowned and well-respected. I'm just going to quote a piece from him about the forgiveness of sins. We have to be careful with our questions. Some could lead to debating and we don't want that. We can just share our convictions and simply agree to disagree... (if necessary). How's that sound?

Colossians 2:13-14 reads as follows, When you were dead in your sins and in the un-circumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us ALL our sins, having cancelled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.​

Dr. Billy Graham

"One of the Bible’s greatest truths is that Christ died to take away ALL our sins–not just part of them, but ALL of them: past, present, and future. This is why you shouldn’t fear that you will lose your salvation every time you commit a sin. If that were the case, you and I would lose our salvation every day–because we sin every day. Even if our actions are pure, our thoughts often are not. And even if our actions and thoughts are pure, we still sin because of the good things we should be doing but fail to do."

I could also quote (Dr. Michael Brown) who is also well respected (in the Christian community), who has a complete different view that just our (past sins) are forgiven and we have to confess, be remorseful, and repent of the (100 million) more/less of sins (wilful or not) that we may commit in the future. With that being said, we could also quickly find (50)... or many others as well respected "notables" who would believe (either way) on the issue. With that in mind... we don't need to go there. I'll leave you with this... I have heard several teachers of the Word say about the forgiveness of sins, "What if we miss one in our confessing/repenting?" Just a few I've heard would be Joseph Prince, Andrew Wommack, Creflo Dollar etc.

Are All Our Sins Forgiven? – Grace thru faith

If anybody is interested... I have this article by (Jack Kelly) that I have in my archives. He explored the issue of "past, present, and future sins being forgiven" (or not)... and did a good study on this subject also... "But We Still Sin!"

I think it's nap time...
sleep-11_zpss1x9tf9g.gif

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. However you have free will, so if you wilfully sin after receiving the Holy Spirit, you are rebelling against His leading. The problem in the Church today, is that there are so many that have never literally been filled with the Holy Spirit. Belief in Jesus is not enough, even the demons believe and tremble. You must repent from sin, not just a sin, but sin in general. Acts 2:38 That is the key to receiving the Holy Spirit. I was in church for 30 years before that happened to me. Up until then, the Holy Spirit kept drawing me and finally I was in a situation where I knew I was powerless to stop sinning. It was then I repented and asked God to scrub me clean. And wham, I was filled from head to toe. All the desire to sin was gone, and I felt light as a feather - no more burden.

When you were in church those (30) years... were you already born-again during that time? (If so), then, ALL of your sins were already forgiven THEN. The apostle Paul clearly taught that we (receive) the Holy Spirit the MOMENT we (receive) Jesus Christ as our Savior. These three passages (below) make it clear that the Holy Spirit is received at the moment of salvation. Paul could not say that we all were baptized by one Spirit and all given one Spirit to drink if not all of the Corinthian believers possessed the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:13
“For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.”

Romans 8:9
"But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

Ephesians 1:13
"In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after you believed, you were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise."​

You say "belief in Jesus" is not enough.
shocked1_zpsayekk6mu.gif
Believing in Jesus is MOST (important)... that GIVES you the Holy Spirit! And... If you were "already" born-again during the (30) years... you were "scrubbed" clean THEN with the forgiveness of ALL of your sins... that were washed away and never to be in remembrance any more.

Also... when Peter preached to the crowd in (Acts 2:38)... 3,000 received Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savour and received the gift of the (Holy Spirit)... that were added to the church.

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
All the desire to sin was gone, and I felt light as a feather - no more burden.
Sounds like your rapture bound...
Rapture20Smiley1_zps8nudusvs.gif

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
When you were in church those (30) years... were you already born-again during that time? (If so), then, ALL of your sins were already forgiven THEN. The apostle Paul clearly taught that we (receive) the Holy Spirit the MOMENT we (receive) Jesus Christ as our Savior. These three passages (below) make it clear that the Holy Spirit is received at the moment of salvation. Paul could not say that we all were baptized by one Spirit and all given one Spirit to drink if not all of the Corinthian believers possessed the Holy Spirit.

“For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.”

"But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

"In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after you believed, you were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise."​

shocked1_zpsayekk6mu.gif
Believing in Jesus is MOST (important)... that GIVES you the Holy Spirit! And... If you were "already" born-again during the (30) years... you were "scrubbed" clean THEN with the forgiveness of ALL of your sins... that were washed away and never to be in remembrance any more.

Also... when Peter preached to the crowd in (Acts 2:38)... 3,000 received Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savour and received the gift of the (Holy Spirit)... that were added to the church.

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Seeing as you don't want a true response, or any disagreement with anything you believe, then we shall just agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Question: Do you believe you can believe in Jesus and not have the Holy Spirit as well?

You said, "yes they are" What does that mean?

You can believe in Jesus and not have salvation.
The Devils in Hell know Jesus,they know He is God made flesh for our sins as well.
We a person is saved they have confessed their sins ,confessed Christ died for our sins ,and ask Gods forgiveness through Christ Cleansing Blood,they ask Jesus to come into their heart and become born again a new person filled with the love of God.
If they are able ,as a outward confession they are Baptized in water by immersion, in the name of the Father Son and Holy Ghost.
Water Baptism is not mandatory for salvation.

We have the spirit of God the Father God the Son and God the Holy Ghost upon salvation.
God is a Spirit and three persons each one is God.
I try never to call the Holy Spirit (it ) He is God made manifest in Spirit.
The Baptism of the Holy Ghost comes by Faith not confession of sin.
John's Baptism was confession of sin.
When we confess our sin he is just to forgive us from all unrightousness.
Paul laid hands on those preaching the gospel of repentance for salvation through John's Baptism.
They then received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

Phillip the Evangelist preached salvation to the Samaritans, and many were saved and Baptized in water.
When Peter and John heard this they went to Samaria and laid hands on them ,and those who were saved received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.
I hope this helps ..
Repentance comes before the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.
Repentance is part of salvation .

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You can believe in Jesus and not have salvation.
The Devils in Hell know Jesus,they know He is God made flesh for our sins as well.
We a person is saved they have confessed their sins ,confessed Christ died for our sins ,and ask Gods forgiveness through Christ Cleansing Blood,they ask Jesus to come into their heart and become born again a new person filled with the love of God.
If they are able ,as a outward confession they are Baptized in water by immersion, in the name of the Father Son and Holy Ghost.
Water Baptism is not mandatory for salvation.

We have the spirit of God the Father God the Son and God the Holy Ghost upon salvation.
God is a Spirit and three persons each one is God.
I try never to call the Holy Spirit (it ) He is God made manifest in Spirit.
The Baptism of the Holy Ghost comes by Faith not confession of sin.
John's Baptism was confession of sin.
When we confess our sin he is just to forgive us from all unrightousness.
Paul laid hands on those preaching the gospel of repentance for salvation through John's Baptism.
They then received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

Phillip the Evangelist preached salvation to the Samaritans, and many were saved and Baptized in water.
When Peter and John heard this they went to Samaria and laid hands on them ,and those who were saved received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.
I hope this helps ..
Repentance comes before the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.
Repentance is part of salvation .

I agree for the most-part. But, do you believe you must have hands laid on you to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit?

About Samaria, it wasn't that they needed hands laid on them, it was because the Holy Spirit had only fallen on Jerusalem, not Samaria. That is why the disciples were told by Jesus to wait IN JERUSALEM to receive power. Even the devout Jews that were visiting Jerusalem and heard the disciples speaking in tongues UNDERSTOOD supernaturally what was being said. The key with them was their devoutness of heart unto God. And after hearing Peter's sermon about Jesus they all believed. But the mockers did not understand, and thought they were drunk. Their hearts were not right with God at all. I doubt they even responded to Peter's sermon. But that is just my opinion about them and why they were mentioned in the first place.

Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, 15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. 16 For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Seeing as you don't want a true response, or any disagreement with anything you believe, then we shall just agree to disagree.

From reading my last two posts, where did you get the idea that I don't want a true response? As far as this quote...
(any disagreement with anything you believe) I have absolutely no clue what that is all about. So, I guess It's time to put my (smileys) away and just call it a day. You have a very good evening... [and], nice to chat with you. Later...

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

shocked1_zpsayekk6mu.gif

Okay, if you want a response, but not a debate even though your response WAS a debate, I will repeat: Belief in Jesus is not enough if you are still sinning. Repentance from sin is crucial, because "belief" and "obedience" go hand in hand. I'm sorry if I sound angry, because I am. But it is righteous indignation that we live in an age of Laodecians who are lukewarm. They are not on fire for God, full of the Holy Spirit and living holy lives. They live in a false assurance created by false teachers teaching automatic forgiveness of present and future willful sins, that will not have anything to do with your status of salvation, only rewards. I am afraid for the church. Many missionaries are out in the world saving the lost; I'm trying to save the lost INSIDE the Church.

Matthew 7:“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Do you not see these souls believed in Jesus????!!!! Yet they were lawless. They were not dead to sin, thus they did not have the Holy Spirit. You are mistaken to say that belief in Jesus gives you the Holy Spirit. No, you must be a true believer who has repented from sin to be given this gift. Acts 2:38 tells you the criteria for receiving the Holy Spirit. “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

And no, I was not saved for those first 30 years as I had no evidence of having the Holy Spirit in me, but merely outside me drawing me. Anyone who does not have power over sin is not filled with the Spirit. Having the Holy Spirit is not some name-it-and-claim-it status from scripture unless you are willing to repent. So your quotes are for true Christians only - those who don't just use Jesus as a get out of jail card, but who actually follow Him, giving up their carnal desires, and then walk in the Spirit. True Christians do not commit willful sin, period. 1 John 3:9

Many claim to "love" Jesus, but live totally carnal lives living in fornication and debauchery. Jesus is not their Lord. For instance, politically I am an American, but my mother is Australian. I love Queen Elizabeth, but I have given her no authority over my life. My allegiance is to President Trump. It is the same with those who just have warm fuzzies over Jesus, but their lives have no power over sin. They are living in that false assurance created by man.

As for Billy Graham, I love his passion for the lost, but his message left many gaps in theology. You can't just repeat after me, you are therefore saved, and once saved always saved, now go about your life with no discipleship. That message is for itching ears, and easy Christianity. Becoming saved is not just some formula you recite without there being a dramatic change in desires and a lifetime of living the walk and enduring to the end.

Jesus said to "take up your cross and follow me." Paul said, "I die daily." The walk is not a walk in the park. His grace is not a license to sin. If you are not willing to die for Christ, yourself, you are not worthy of His grace. That is where WE must be. But Christ also said, My burden is light. Why? Because of His tremendous gift of the supernatural power of God, literally making our will and character like His own. God is doing the heavy lifting. We just need to follow His leading moment by moment, and forsake ourselves.

And as I said before, repentance from sin was the whole reason for John the Baptist making a way to Christ. Then Christ's blood cleansed those forsaken sins. But we must do the forsaking, then the Holy Spirit literally kills those desires making the burden light.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I agree for the most-part. But, do you believe you must have hands laid on you to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit?

About Samaria, it wasn't that they needed hands laid on them, it was because the Holy Spirit had only fallen on Jerusalem, not Samaria. That is why the disciples were told by Jesus to wait IN JERUSALEM to receive power. Even the devout Jews that were visiting Jerusalem and heard the disciples speaking in tongues UNDERSTOOD supernaturally what was being said. The key with them was their devoutness of heart unto God. And after hearing Peter's sermon about Jesus they all believed. But the mockers did not understand, and thought they were drunk. Their hearts were not right with God at all. I doubt they even responded to Peter's sermon. But that is just my opinion about them and why they were mentioned in the first place.

Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, 15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. 16 For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

You are simply adding commentary to Gods Word.
It's not a bad thing ,if your open minded to change.

Acts 8: 14. Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15. Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16. (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) 17. Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost. 18. And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money.

What does verse 18 say?
Can you find in your Bible where New Testament Christians received The Holy Ghost without laying on of hands?
My experience was I had began to seek the Baptism, I started praying in tongues, I had dreams, visions and walked close with God in prayer.
I came to the Lord as a boy,and have known him for 50 years now.
Yet when I left the Baptist, went full Gospel, the Pastor asked if any would want the laying on of hands to receive the Holy Ghost.
My Wife and I did just that,but it was a week later I was hit by the fullness of Gods power .
I had to pull off the road ,and speaking in tongues flowed out with a great joy ,I was quickened I knew that Gods supernatural power was with me becoming joined with my spirit.

As to the question about laying on of hands,I would have to say yes,due to it being a baptism and you do not water baptize yourself.
The Man of God knows the Spirit is Calling someone as well,He knows if they are sincerely searching.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You are mistaken to say that belief in Jesus gives you the Holy Spirit. No, you must be a true believer who has repented from sin to be given this gift. Acts 2:38 tells you the criteria for receiving the Holy Spirit. “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Yes, so we agree... When Peter preached to the (unsaved) crowd in (Acts 2:38)... 3,000 repented and believed in Jesus... and were baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins [and] received the gift of the (Holy Spirit)... and they were added to the church.

Yes, 3,000 were (saved) and added to the Church that day, however.... it (wasn't) because they repented and were baptized in water... and those things are commanded to do. Their salvation came by Grace thru Faith (alone)... they believed in Jesus and received the Holy Spirit.

(This was NOT the Baptism in the Holy Spirit) as outlined in (Acts 2:4)...in the Upper Room experience where the 120 were (ALL) in One place and in One accord... were baptised in the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues. (This group was already saved.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Can you find in your Bible where New Testament Christians received The Holy Ghost without laying on of hands?

Yes, Cornelius.
44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. 45 And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, so we agree... When Peter preached to the crowd in (Acts 2:38)... 3,000 repented and believed in Jesus... and were baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins [and] received the gift of the (Holy Spirit)... and they were added to the church.

Do we? Good.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Cornelius.
44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. 45 And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God.

Well at Pentecost, there appears cloven tongues of fire,this was the Holy Ghost being poured out from God who the Holy Ghost is God.
What did John the Baptist say?

Matthew 3: 11. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.
At Pentecost the Holy Ghost was poured out on the earth,the clove tongues were a sign.

With the Holy Ghost already on earth,the Gentiles had the out pouring as well.

Acts 10: 44. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.

Both circumstances are a corporate anointing, first th Jew then the Gentile.

You can be in a powerful Church meeting or camp meeting ,where the Holy Ghost falls on the crowd.
The Asusa street revival was a mighty outpouring of the Holy Ghost.
Every day signs and wonders manifested.
William Seymour had a room where people left their medical devices behind and walked in the joy of the Lord.
Angelic singing manifested ,and many other wonders.
So many people came from far away to witness this great revival.
But Seymour had not received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, until the revival was well under way,the Holy Ghost was manifested among the body of believers.
So we have the individual who seeks by Faith the Baptism,the Bible is clear on laying on of hands.
And you have a outpouring among a group of believers.
I try to answer questions the best way I know,but I do not put God with in the confines of religion.
My faith rests in Gods Word ,and His Word is of no private interpretation.
Still for the individual I say yes ,based on the examples in Scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Okay, if you want a response, but not a debate even though your response WAS a debate, I will repeat: Belief in Jesus is not enough if you are still sinning. Repentance from sin is crucial, because "belief" and "obedience" go hand in hand. I'm sorry if I sound angry, because I am. But it is righteous indignation that we live in an age of Laodecians who are lukewarm. They are not on fire for God, full of the Holy Spirit and living holy lives. They live in a false assurance created by false teachers teaching automatic forgiveness of present and future willful sins, that will not have anything to do with your status of salvation, only rewards. I am afraid for the church. Many missionaries are out in the world saving the lost; I'm trying to save the lost INSIDE the Church.

Matthew 7:“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Do you not see these souls believed in Jesus????!!!! Yet they were lawless. They were not dead to sin, thus they did not have the Holy Spirit. You are mistaken to say that belief in Jesus gives you the Holy Spirit. No, you must be a true believer who has repented from sin to be given this gift. Acts 2:38 tells you the criteria for receiving the Holy Spirit. “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

And no, I was not saved for those first 30 years as I had no evidence of having the Holy Spirit in me, but merely outside me drawing me. Anyone who does not have power over sin is not filled with the Spirit. Having the Holy Spirit is not some name-it-and-claim-it status from scripture unless you are willing to repent. So your quotes are for true Christians only - those who don't just use Jesus as a get out of jail card, but who actually follow Him, giving up their carnal desires, and then walk in the Spirit. True Christians do not commit willful sin, period. 1 John 3:9

Many claim to "love" Jesus, but live totally carnal lives living in fornication and debauchery. Jesus is not their Lord. For instance, politically I am an American, but my mother is Australian. I love Queen Elizabeth, but I have given her no authority over my life. My allegiance is to President Trump. It is the same with those who just have warm fuzzies over Jesus, but their lives have no power over sin. They are living in that false assurance created by man.

As for Billy Graham, I love his passion for the lost, but his message left many gaps in theology. You can't just repeat after me, you are therefore saved, and once saved always saved, now go about your life with no discipleship. That message is for itching ears, and easy Christianity. Becoming saved is not just some formula you recite without there being a dramatic change in desires and a lifetime of living the walk and enduring to the end.

Jesus said to "take up your cross and follow me." Paul said, "I die daily." The walk is not a walk in the park. His grace is not a license to sin. If you are not willing to die for Christ, yourself, you are not worthy of His grace. That is where WE must be. But Christ also said, My burden is light. Why? Because of His tremendous gift of the supernatural power of God, literally making our will and character like His own. God is doing the heavy lifting. We just need to follow His leading moment by moment, and forsake ourselves.

And as I said before, repentance from sin was the whole reason for John the Baptist making a way to Christ. Then Christ's blood cleansed those forsaken sins. But we must do the forsaking, then the Holy Spirit literally kills those desires making the burden light.

Reread the order of the outpouring of the Holy Ghost on the Gentiles.

Acts 10: 42. And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. 43. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47. Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48. And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Repentance is not required to receive the Holy Ghost ,you have repented already ,have salvation and you receive.
In the accounts of people receiving the Holy Ghost many had already repented to salvation.
Paul repented on the road to Damascus, but later on was healed and received the Holy Ghost.
Unless you has unconfessed sin repentance is not what allows for the outpouring ,Faith is the requirement.
You cannot even have salvation without Faith.
So repentance is works based theology when it comes to receiving from God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Well at Pentecost, there appears clove tongues of fire,this was the Holy Ghost being poured out from God who the Holy Ghost is God.
What did John the Baptist say?

Matthew 3: 11. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.
At Pentecost the Holy Ghost was poured out on the earth,the clove tongues were a sign.

With the Holy Ghost already on earth,the Gentiles had the out pouring as well.

Acts 10: 44. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.

Both circumstances are a corporate anointing, first th Jew then the Gentile.

You can be in a powerful Church meeting or camp meeting ,where the Holy Ghost falls on the crowd.
The Asusa street revival was a mighty outpouring of the Holy Ghost.
Every day signs and wonders manifested.
William Seymour had a room where people left their medical devices behind and walked in the joy of the Lord.
Angelic singing manifested ,and many other wonders.
So many people came from far away to witness this great revival.
But Seymour had not received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, until the revival was well under way,the Holy Ghost was manifested among the body of believers.
So we have the individual who seeks by Faith the Baptism,the Bible is clear on laying on of hands.
And you have a outpouring among a group of believers.
I try to answer questions the best way I know,but I do not put God with in the confines of religion.
My faith rests in Gods Word ,and His Word is of no private interpretation.
Still for the individual I say yes ,based on the examples in Scripture.

So whose hands are authorized to be laid on us today?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Reread the order of the outpouring of the Holy Ghost on the Gentiles.

Acts 10: 42. And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. 43. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47. Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48. And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Repentance is not required to receive the Holy Ghost ,you have repented already ,have salvation and you receive.
In the accounts of people receiving the Holy Ghost many had already repented to salvation.
Paul repented on the road to Damascus, but later on was healed and received the Holy Ghost.
Unless you has unconfessed sin repentance is not what allows for the outpouring ,Faith is the requirement.
You cannot even have salvation without Faith.
So repentance is works based theology when it comes to receiving from God.

I quoted Acts 2:38. What scripture are you quoting?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
So whose hands are authorized to be laid on us today?

Ministers who are filled with The Holy Spirt,who are called to do so.
Any one else who Has the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, that is called to do so.
We all are priest in the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Ministers who are filled with The Holy Spirt,who are called to do so.
Any one else who Has the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, that is called to do so.
We all are priest in the kingdom of God.

In my case, I had hands laid on me, but nothing happened until years later when I repented. I was by myself. What was your experience? What changed in your life as evidence?

Upvote 0