Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 13:
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another;
as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

John 15:
12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.
16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

Behave Like a Christian Romans 12:9-18.
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

Love Your Neighbor Romans 13:8-10.
Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet, and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Galatians 5:13, 14. For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Walk in Unity Ephesians 4:1-5.
I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 Thessalonians 3:11-13. Now may our God and Father Himself, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way to you. And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you, so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.

1 Peter 1:22. Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart.

John 3:7. Do not marvel that I said to you, You must be born again.
1John3:11..For this is the message you heard from the “Beginning”: We should love one another...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Malihah

Jun 7, 2020
Southeast
✟17,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Love is the only true commandment in the Church not sabbath/law keeping. If I have love I'm not going to kill my neighbor. If I have love I'm not going to commit adultery with my neighbor's wife. If I have love I'm not going to steal my neighbor's possessions when the sun goes down....and so on and so on.

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (Ga 5:14)

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,716.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Love is the message of the Gospel..God is love and that love is in the Son..Romans 8:39..

We love BECAUSE He FIRST loved US...John 4:19..If we don't have His love in Us then we cannot love others as He commanded Us...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
NO ONE LOVES GOD BY BREAKING HIS COMMANDMENTS AND NOT BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING HIS WORD

Love is written on a new heart of flesh according to the new covenant promise *2 CORINTHIANS 3:3-14; HEBREWS 8:10-12. Love establishes Gods' LAW through faith it does not break them *ROMANS 3:31; ROMANS 13:8-10 and is why JESUS says "ON THESE TWO GREAT COMMANDMENTS (OF LOVE TO GOD AND MAN) HANG ALL THE LAW and the prophets *MATTHEW 22:36-40. This is why JESUS says "IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS" *JOHN 14:15. He that says I know him and keeps not his commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him *1 JOHN 2:4.

Love to our fellow man...

1. No one loves their neighbore if they lie to them
2. No one loves their neighbore if they steal from them
3. No one loves their neighbore if they murder them
4. No one loves their neighbore if they commit adultery with their spouse.
5. No one loves their neighbore if they covet and are jealous of their neighbores belongings
6. No one loves their neighbore if they do not honor their parents.

Love to God...

1. No one loves God by having other Gods then the one true God and creator of Heaven and Earth.
2. No one loves God by making idols in their lives and bowing down to them and putting them before God
3. No one loves God by using his name in vain.
4. No one loves God by forgetting his Sabbath and working on his Sabbath.

A new heart to LOVE is expressed through obedience to God's LAW not by breaking it.

Hope this is helpful. :)

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Love is the only true commandment in the Church not sabbath/law keeping. If I have love I'm not going to kill my neighbor. If I have love I'm not going to commit adultery with my neighbor's wife. If I have love I'm not going to steal my neighbor's possessions when the sun goes down....and so on and so on.

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (Ga 5:14)

If we love God, we will keep the Sabbath holy.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It wasn't helpful at all, and a text book example of Galatianism.
Friend, perhaps you could start your own OP explaining Galatianism under Controversial Christian Theology Forum. This is outside the intent of the OP. Please.

• Optimistic
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Malihah

Jun 7, 2020
Southeast
✟17,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Friend, perhaps you could start your own OP explaining Galatianism under Controversial Christian Theology Forum. This is outside the intent of the OP. Please.

And why would Galatianism be under the Controversial Christian Theology Forum?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
NO ONE LOVES GOD BY BREAKING HIS COMMANDMENTS AND NOT BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING HIS WORD

(CLV) 1Jn 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we may be keeping His precepts. And His precepts are not heavy,

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
And why would Galatianism be under the Controversial Christian Theology Forum?
Sorry, never heard of it, but you speak of it as being some sort of heresy. Just thought you could elaborate, preferably on your own OP.

Upvote 0

Malihah

Jun 7, 2020
Southeast
✟17,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, never heard of it, but you speak of it as being some sort of heresy. Just thought you could elaborate, preferably on your own OP.

Oh I am going to elaborate and I am going to open my own OP's all in good time.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,716.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we love God, we will keep the Sabbath holy.
1John 4:19..We love because He FIRST LOVED US...(So whether we love God or others that love must comes from God FIRST) and that Love is IN THE Son..Romans 8:39 and Not in Us..So if You have the Son then Gods love as well...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Does love help you KEEP the commandments or allows you to break them? BTW, you do know that Orthodoxy still considers the 7th day as the Sabbath? We are not allowed to fast on the Sabbath day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Malihah

Jun 7, 2020
Southeast
✟17,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Does love help you KEEP the commandments or allows you to break them? BTW, you do know that Orthodoxy still considers the 7th day as the Sabbath? We are not allowed to fast on the Sabbath day.

No one is debating that the 7th day is the Sabbath and the 1st day is Sunday. The debate is are Christians required to keep the commandments of Moses or the commandments of Christ and the answer is the latter.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No one is debating that the 7th day is the Sabbath and the 1st day is Sunday. The debate is are Christians required to keep the commandments of Moses or the commandments of Christ and the answer is the latter.

Messiah commands us to keep the law that YHWH wrote down for Moses; as we follow his example.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Some do! So the Messiah's commandments are different than His Father's? They are not Moses commands, they are God's. In your opinion, what are the commandments of the Messiah?

• Winner
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Think about it. Are you contradicting yourself? You agree that love to God and man are the greatest commandments right *MATTHEW 22:36-40? Are you loving your neighbore by stealing from him? Are you loving God by using his name in vain, making idols or breaking his Sabbath?

• Winner
Upvote 0