• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

A mystery revealed

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by BrotherJJ, Dec 23, 2020.

1. BrotherJJ

BrotherJJ Active Member

+153
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    KJV Dictionary Definition: MYS'TERY, n. L. mysterium; Gr. a secret. This word in Greek is rendered also murium latibulum; but probably both senses are from that of hiding or shutting; Gr. to shut, to conceal.

1. A profound secret; something wholly unknown or something kept cautiously concealed, and therefore exciting curiosity or wonder. MYSTERIAL - Definition from the KJV Dictionary

Thayer's Greek Lexicon: Mystery

1. a hidden or secret thing, not obvious to the understanding: 1 Corinthians 13:2; 1 Corinthians 14:2; (of the secret rites of the Gentiles, Wis. 14:15, 23).

2. a hidden purpose or counsel; secret will. Thayer's Greek: 3466. μυστήριον (mustérion) -- a mystery or secret doctrine

Jesus disciples are told & told & again about Jesus coming death, burial & resurrection. BUT...

Matt 16:
    21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
    (MY NOTE: Jesus plainly tells them (vs21) he will be killed & raised again the 3rd day. But, they don't yet understand or believe)

Lk 18:
    31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 for he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.
    (MY NOTE: Jesus foretells his 12 chosen (vs 31). He will be scourged, put to death & shall rise/resurrect on the 3rd day. But, they don't yet understand or believe)

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.
    (MY NOTE: Even though Jesus had told them. His death, burial & resurrection remained a secret, hidden from their understanding.)

Paul later explains the gist of the mystery/hidden secret
    1 Cor 2:
    7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
    (MY NOTE: Scripture proclaims Gods wisdom as a hidden mystery/secret planned before the world begins)

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    (MY NOTE: If satan had known; Christ would have never been able to pay sins required wage)

Additionally:

Jn 20:
    1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

2 Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.
    (NOTE: Mary thinks his grave has been robbed. She says, "I don’t know where they’ve laid Him," Peter is clueless as well. They still didn’t know He was going to be raised from the dead!)

8 Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed.
    (NOTE: He saw & NOW he believes)

9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
    (NOTE: Scriptural proof neither Peter nor John, even though told previously. Understood Christ would rise until post resurrection)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?