Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Likewise, I would suggest that even a Muslim dominated USA could be able to find the stability of a cultural collective without loss of constitutional freedoms and checks and balances.

Maybe I'm unreasonably an optimist,

There is absolutely no historical precedent for such. History tells us what a Muslim-dominated society looks like. That's arguing from end results. I mean, we literally do not have to guess. We have about what now, 15-16 hundred years worth of evidence? I mean how much history would it take to convince you that Islam is not compatible with the principles underlying the US Constitution and democracy, nor traditional Western values? The nature of Islam has not changed. Neither has the nature of man.

The small Muslim population in South Africa is just too small to be indicative of any suggestion of the possibility of future, Muslim-dominated, peaceful co-existence.

Where in South Africa are you? What is the demographics? From what I can tell, South Africa still has a small Muslim population.

Yes, I am sure you are optimistic. That is good as long as it's rooted in truth. However, logic still cries out for us to consider historical patterns and sources of authority. That pattern clearly demonstrates what happens when Muslims dominate a society in population. Muslims still carry around their source of authority, the Koran.

Of course prayer is the ministry that changes things. Praying Christians in any given area can keep Muslim violence down to some degree, I believe--if they believe their prayers are effectual in this regards.

How many Christians in the world actually pray for the Lord to reduce the Muslim population in the world--however the Lord achieves such an end?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How many Christians in the world actually pray for the Lord to reduce the Muslim population in the world--however the Lord achieves such an end?
Interesting. I would not have thought to frame the issue in this way.

I do pray for people of other faiths, and for people of no faith, that God will lead them into a fuller understanding of truth and a deeper experience of God's love. And I pray that for myself as well, since surely I do not yet understand God perfectly.

But I would not pray in the form you sketched out; I wouldn't pray for a reduction in the Muslim population, because there are other, terrible ways that a population can be reduced. If, for example, an ebola-like plague tore through Bangladesh and killed most of their citizens, I wouldn't say "Praise God"; I'd say "How awful, how can I help?"

Do you include such prayers in your devotional life? If so, what do you have in mind when you offer them? Do you just mean that you hope for all of them to convert to Christianity?

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting. I would not have thought to frame the issue in this way.

I do pray for people of other faiths, and for people of no faith, that God will lead them into a fuller understanding of truth and a deeper experience of God's love. And I pray that for myself as well, since surely I do not yet understand God perfectly.

But I would not pray in the form you sketched out; I wouldn't pray for a reduction in the Muslim population, because there are other, terrible ways that a population can be reduced. If, for example, an ebola-like plague tore through Bangladesh and killed most of their citizens, I wouldn't say "Praise God"; I'd say "How awful, how can I help?"

Do you include such prayers in your devotional life? If so, what do you have in mind when you offer them? Do you just mean that you hope for all of them to convert to Christianity?

Your comments touch upon several important issues.

I was referring primarily to mass conversion within the Muslim population the world over. However, I was secondarily referring to God almighty using natural force--as He so determines. Force against individuals and whatever force that diminishes or prevents Islamic propaganda and proselyting (for example: what occurs in the US and in our Colleges where a college processor literally teaches that, historically Islam is more righteous than Christianity). The replacement of a liberal professor with a conservative professor of course involves the force of policy and law and whatever authority backs that up.

Your comments relate to the following questions:

1) Can and will God use force to minimize or negate the evil acts or devices of men in the world.
a) If so, is there a biblical sanction or admonition related to Christians praying for 1.

Do you pray for a strong and honest police force in your community? If you do, then you are necessarily supporting the use of force within a given society. Your prayers are literally effecting the use of force being brought against man and his wicked acts/ devices. Of course I am sure you are familiar with what Paul had to say abut God using the "sword" to maintain order and peace in the land. Can we pray for an honest and strong military? Same thing applies.

In addition, we must not try to impose certain Biblical standards to a nation, as a whole, that often is applied to individual Christians. (I discussed this in another post on this thread).

The Apostle Paul, by the Holy Spirit, smote the wicked man with blindness. Paul was being led by the Holy Spirit. This was spiritual force affecting the natural.

Act 13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
Act 13:11 And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

Elsewhere, Paul exclaimed to the High Priest, " Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law? Act 23:3

These are some examples of God working through the saints to physically restrain the wickedness of man.

Now, is God only a "God of Love." Nope. He is also a killer. God can and will kill someone if they cross a certain line, under certain conditions determined by God almighty. Biblical history demonstrates this abundantly. Prophecy concerning events yet to come also demonstrates this abundantly. Shall we pray for God's will to be done in the future? Does this not necessarily relate to judgment that literally involves the death of millions?

Of course we should pray that, if possible, God will spirituality save a person--and thus negate his evil acts; however, we are justified in praying that if that person will not submit to God's will, and they will continue to persecute God's people and commit evil against humanity, that God will stop them using whatever means God has determined to use. Should we rejoice that the Allied Army stopped Hitler? Were there Christians praying for such to happen?

Once a person tried to basically kidnap a child relative of mine. Another relative prayed that God would stop that person even if it meant them dropping dead with a heart attack. Shortly thereafter, that person did drop dead with a heart attack and the child was recovered.

It is no lite matter when the children of the world persecute or try to harm God's people. It's is a very serious matter. It is made even more complicated with so many Christians teaching or preaching that God is only Love, Love, Love, and that praying Christians should never ever pray for the diminishing or stoppage of wicked men or their wicked devices through natural force as God would so determine.

In the O.T, when the enemey came against God's people, God Almighty would often bring force against such enemies. People would start dropping dead in mass numbers. Now however, in this New Testament era, God's word admonishes us to primarily seek to destroy the enemy through spiritual conversion. Once a person is converted, then their "Old Man" (the enemy to the cross)--that is, the natural man that perishes in conversion as it is raised a new spiritual creature in Christ--dies. In that, the "enemy" truly perishes. This is the "more excellent way." Of course this reality sheds light on how we can apply to the New Testament era those O.T. promises that talk about how God will subdue/destroy the enemies of His people.

So what do we pray for, regeneration in Christ or natural force concerning the enemy? Well, we can certainly pray for both, in order of necessity based on the situation and the leading of the Holy Spirit. If someone is coming at you with a knife, then maybe all you have time to say is "Jesus"! (I have heard of credible testimonies where an Angel or God's Spirit immediately intervened in such situations.)

If we have no definite answer as to which to pray for? Well, then we can simply pray that, if possible, God Almighty will spiritually save a person and change them; and then pray that if they will not come to God, that God will restrain, stop and/or remove them from causing trouble or damage to Christians and the Christian interest within a nation by whatsoever means God so determines, including the use of force. This is where "being led by the Spirit" comes in. God Almighty might just tell you or me that a certain person is in fact not going to repent. Of course the opposite can also happen.

We have certain covenant rights and privileges in Christ. These include victory over the enemy through conversion of the godless, but also through force--as God so determines.

Praying Christians everywhere had better start getting serious about praying for the diminishing of the growth and influence of Islam in the nations. Doing otherwise results, I believe, in Christians limiting themselves as relates to "weapons" which God has provided to His church to use against the works of the Enemy and the children of the world.

If anything good is going to come forth, then it will only come forth through the prayers of the saints because God Almighty has chosen to work through the prayers of the saints.

We are the 'Salt of the Earth." Salt affects the entirety of that to which it is applied.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I'm frequently amazed at how diverse we are. I read the earlier comment by Emily as being thoughtful, perceptive, and objectively defensible, yet obviously you see something very different. I'm never quire sure how to get around this without us having dinner together! :)

On one level, my thinking often goes as follows: I live in a nation that sometimes calls itself "The rainbow nation" (nothing to do with LGBT) because of the incredible diversity of culture, language, and experience (we have 11 official languages!). As a nation we are struggling with the reality of this concept even though it finds strong resonance among everyone, and we struggle with democracy because we do not have the centuries of experience to draw on that the USA does. Yet our trajectory has been slowly toward stability, and Christians have been at the center of this change. Likewise, I would suggest that even a Muslim dominated USA could be able to find the stability of a cultural collective without loss of constitutional freedoms and checks and balances.

On a spiritual level, I suggest the answer is a spectrum of possibilities depending on (a) how Christians engage with protecting the rule of law, independence of the justice system, and integrity of the constitution, and (b) what will be the Christian response to their neighbor while the Muslim proportion grows numerically - aggression, protectionism, or evangelism. My favorite passage from the Bible speaks to this, I believe. 1 Corinthians 9:19-23: 19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

Maybe I'm unreasonably an optimist, but Jesus is with me, and the great commission will not disappear until he comes again.

For the Muslim integration hopefuls:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KirbyJ

Jul 31, 2013
Cheney, Washington (state)
✟17,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Those who are behind America are working to change all nations to control them as they do America. While you are upset

Can't quite figure out what you are saying here - Clarify please.

You mean like the history of the Catholic church and the crusaders? Or are you referring to Hitler who and all those who fought behind him in the name of Christ? Which western leader didn't claim to be Christian and rally those professed Christians behind them to fight their wars?

I've never made any defense of the Catholic church and don't now. Though a few who belong to that organization may be saved, the Vatican at its inception back in the third and fourth centuries absolutely gutted the Gospel of any semblance of value negating the Catholic "church" as Christian. They took the pagan gods of the surrounding peoples and reassigned their position to that of "saints" and then told the people to pray to both them and Mary who was also substituted for a pagan goddess.
That same polluted organization slaughtered millions of real Christians as well as the reformists who tried to get Catholicism back on track.
Self-serving Catholicism succeeded mainly in giving Christianity a bad name especially after the Jesuits came in and really corrupted it all far more than it already was.
So, if your inference is that Christianity is as guilty as Islam, you need to reevaluate the history to see who is actually Christian. Even so, as brutal and devoid of Christian principles as the Vatican was, it didn't begin to compare with Islam. No comparison whatsoever. Unfortunately, history isn't hardly taught at all anymore and what little is taught is ludicrously simplistic, heavily distorted to suit the sensibilities of fashion scholarship, and almost empty of reality. It takes serious digging to find historical books that teach the objective truths of it.
This forum isn't working right somehow or I haven't got a handle on it. The following isn't part of my comment and is actually what I was answering:

Those who are behind America are working to change all nations to control them as they do America. While you are upsety

Upvote 0