✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone!!

This has been a very long time since I last posted on this forum, but I am currently between jobs and thought it good to touch base with you guys.

My thread is more geared towards those of us here who are mums but also for those of you here who are MJ mothers (Messianic and Jewish).

I am currently writing a children's book which is geared towards teens and one of my main characters is a teenage boy whose mother is a Jewish follower of Messiah. Background to this is introducing to a UK teen audience the fact that the body of Messiah is made up of many parts, plus there are not many children here who are aware of the MJ movement so I am hoping to stir up discussion with this part of the story. The boy is not yet saved (but needs to be) and has just discovered that his mother is feared dead. The only thing he has left is a video message she had previously recorded where she shares her faith with him for the first time. Her son, up until this point, was hostile to both her and his dad and so this was the only way she felt she could share her first love with him.

Even though he saw himself as a bit of a tough guy she would always playfully refer to him as her "Little Motek" (have I used this correctly as meaning her little sweetie?).

I guess my overall question here is in her narrative. What main, important, facts about the MJ faith would she share with her only son - within a time limit - which would distinguish it from other branches or denominations? The first and foremost is going to be the Name of Yeshua, the Names of the L-rd etc. It would basically be how Tishri, Vis, Lulav would have taken me by the hand all those years ago and introduced MJ to me.

The mother's aim is to provide enough information in her short video to equip her son to make the biggest decision of his life with the help of his dad (his only surviving parent). The internet in the story is currently down but is also monitored by governments and access to religious resources are limited apart from his mother's paperback Bible (which gets handed to him after the video is played).

Thank you so much in advance of any contributions as you feel led to offer xx :hug:

• Informative
Reactions: AbbaLove

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone!!

This has been a very long time since I last posted on this forum, but I am currently between jobs and thought it good to touch base with you guys.

My thread is more geared towards those of us here who are mums but also for those of you here who are MJ mothers (Messianic and Jewish).

I am currently writing a children's book which is geared towards teens and one of my main characters is a teenage boy whose mother is a Jewish follower of Messiah. Background to this is introducing to a UK teen audience the fact that the body of Messiah is made up of many parts, plus there are not many children here who are aware of the MJ movement so I am hoping to stir up discussion with this part of the story. The boy is not yet saved (but needs to be) and has just discovered that his mother is feared dead. The only thing he has left is a video message she had previously recorded where she shares her faith with him for the first time. Her son, up until this point, was hostile to both her and his dad and so this was the only way she felt she could share her first love with him.

Even though he saw himself as a bit of a tough guy she would always playfully refer to him as her "Little Motek" (have I used this correctly as meaning her little sweetie?).

I guess my overall question here is in her narrative. What main, important, facts about the MJ faith would she share with her only son - within a time limit - which would distinguish it from other branches or denominations? The first and foremost is going to be

his mother's paperback Bible (which gets handed to him after the video is played).

Thank you so much in advance of any contributions as you feel led to offer xx :hug:
Thats a good occupation ,writing books for teenagers which involve talking about God and finding out a bit about other cultures .
But ....?:idea:

Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
While she talks like a Christian regarding the love neighbour and love God in all life's curves that are thrown at him, but she is portrayed, praying with shawl over head, touching the mezuzah as she heads in or out the door, celebrating feasts, .. all in a effort to relatable and grow from there in understanding about mj ..

• Informative
Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
While she talks like a Christian regarding the love neighbour and love God in all life's curves that are thrown at him, but she is portrayed, praying with shawl over head, touching the mezuzah as she heads in or out the door, celebrating feasts, .. all in a effort to relatable and grow from there in understanding about mj ..
Hey sis!!! :wave:

You know this may just be the key - I am thinking along the lines of her explaining why she had to act the way that she did when her and the son would go about their day to day things but that she will remind him of those occasions when he observed her touching the mezuzah going out/into the house, celebrating the feasts, praying the mother's prayer during Shabbat, all in the privacy of their home.

Thanks for this sis :hug:

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Good to see a familiar name from years ago, back on these fora. Welcome back :)
Hello Heber!!! So true - it has truly been quite some time since I was last on here. I think this pause in my life offline has been just what I needed because it has allowed me to return back to doing the things that helped me to better cope with things offline lol.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thats a good occupation ,writing books for teenagers which involve talking about God and finding out a bit about other cultures .
But ....?:idea:
:)

Alas the writing books part is very much on the back burner and not my main vocation.....yet ;)

I'm up to 20,000 words but have a very long way to go yet. My teen daughter (supposedly a member of the target audience) said it was boring. But, as she saw me fall prostrate onto the living room floor then shrink into a fetal position, she quickly piped up about how she is a little older now and so maybe she might enjoy it more if she read it again. :D

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
:)

Alas the writing books part is very much on the back burner and not my main vocation.....yet ;)

I'm up to 20,000 words but have a very long way to go yet. My teen daughter (supposedly a member of the target audience) said it was boring. But, as she saw me fall prostrate onto the living room floor then shrink into a fetal position, she quickly piped up about how she is a little older now and so maybe she might enjoy it more if she read it again. :D

I, too, am supposedly writing a book that I was interested in doing 3 years ago but, in the intervening years, I lost two family members (brother and sister within weeks of each other), then my work and my home. Now I have returned to my previous county in the UK, I am trying to get back the drive to start to write again.

I hope your writing continues at a pace, in spite of your 'now a little older' daughter! :)

Upvote 0