MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Obviously not. But then I'm sure you already know how this rabbit trail will end so do you really want to go there?

No, I don’t know how the rabbit trail will end.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
What makes you think it requires a mosque to do so?

Then why haven’t they done something in the last ten+ years that they have been in the community? Why isn’t anyone complaining about the obviously terrorist supporters that make up the city council that approved this mosque?

• Haha
Reactions: Niblo
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Then why haven’t they done something in the last ten+ years that they have been in the community? Why isn’t anyone complaining about the obviously terrorist supporters that make up the city council that approved this mosque?

The Isle of Lewis is pretty remote and heavily Presbyterian at least around the majority of the population. Perhaps, he doesn't want to bad mouth fellow Christians? Otherwise I don't know either.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The Isle of Lewis is pretty remote and heavily Presbyterian at least around the majority of the population. Perhaps, he doesn't want to bad mouth fellow Christians? Otherwise I don't know either.

And home to a fine Single Malt…

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The first (and hopefully only) mosque may be appearing in Stornoway. The article presents what I believe is everyone's concerns when a new mosque appears.
I was expecting the article to be about fears of terrorism funding.

Their main concern is literally just that it's a place of worship for a different religion? Something that doesn't teach Christian beliefs? Oh, boohoo.
Fundamentally, Islam utterly denies the divine Person and redeeming work of our blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, who died on the cross to satisfy the justice of God, that He might grant forgiveness to sinners.
What is the significance of this? Is this supposed to be a complaint? If the Christian churches want that to be taught, that's their problem. Not anyone else's problem or responsibility. It's got nothing to do with the rest of us.

This would make a great Onion article if you flipped the script to someone complaining about a new Christian church that doesn't teach about Thor.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
The first (and hopefully only) mosque may be appearing in Stornoway. The article presents what I believe is everyone's concerns when a new mosque appears.

Would not think Stornaway will take a nose dive because of this,

but I understand your concern,

I have known a few people from the isles, terrific people, even if a little quaint,

Great workers, many manned Ben Line ships,

Yeah, terrific people.

Upvote 0

pawnraider

Nov 22, 2007
✟24,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Then why haven’t they done something in the last ten+ years that they have been in the community?
Sorry, I wasn't aware that there was a time limit on such things. My mistake. Anyway, how long were they in the French community before they committed their atrocities? In London? In Belgium?
Why isn’t anyone complaining about the obviously terrorist supporters that make up the city council that approved this mosque?
I also wasn't aware that "terrorist supporters" needed to be on city councils before such atrocities could be given the green light. I thought they wouldn't need local political approval before they can do so? Apparently I'm very ignorant about such things...until now. Live and learn I guess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I wasn't aware that there was a time limit on such things. My mistake. Anyway, how long were they in the French community before they committed their atrocities? In London? In Belgium?

Honestly I have no idea, and you seem to be the resident expert on the terrorist activities committed by the small Muslim community at Stornoway. Tell us, how long did the residents of Stornoway live in the French community, London and Belgium before they committed acts of terrorism?

• Agree
Reactions: Targaryen
Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Wait, is this church asking that God destroy the mosque through hellfire or something?

At any rate, as someone who is neither religion I find it pretty rich that one religion is complaining about yet another one coming in.

I'd think that if you weren't Muslim them the mosque wouldn't interest you since you wouldn't be attending anyways.

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟428,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Meanwhile, elsewhere on the island....

western-isles-history-the-callanish-stones-on-a-lovely-day.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Geralt

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Supporter
Apr 9, 2016
GB
Visit site
✟67,802.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
this is like nazis starting out. they think its the culture, or tradition, or their right. NO
it is always THAT DAMN BOOK, that instructs them to convert or kill non-believers.

Upvote 0