Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Suddenly, a group of people that hate gays, or white police, any other group, (and are behaving in a destructive fashion) cah't be called a mob.

Of course, the level of education among these people should be considered, as well as their walk with Christ.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Suddenly, a group of people that hate gays, or white police, any other group, (and are behaving in a destructive fashion) cah't be called a mob.
Of course, the level of education among these people should be considered, as well as their walk with Christ.
Mob.............

Psalms 86:14
O God, the proud have risen against me,
And a mob of violent men have sought my life,
And have not set You before them.

Acts 17:5
But the Jews who were not persuaded, becoming envious,[fn] took some of the evil men from the marketplace, and gathering a mob, set all the city in an uproar
and attacked the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't do politically correct, and I call things as they are. There were definitely mobs in some recent events, and some of them were even paid to be a mob.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't do politically correct, and I call things as they are. There were definitely mobs in some recent events, and some of them were even paid to be a mob.

There is this disingenuous argument being put forth by the right that if "any" money whatsoever is part of any protest then you can thus claim that the protesters are paid protesters.

It takes money to plan and organize a protest. This notion that people by the hundreds or thousands are being paid to protest is ludicrous.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
and some of them were even paid to be a mob.

Is this one of those "Soros-funded" theories? :sigh:

That ties in with a mentality that many on the right have been exhibiting (for a while now) that is inherently flawed.

A) Any organized (even a loosely organized) protest involve funding. If you don't think it involved payments in order to get a few of those conservative speakers to show up to do keynote speeches at the Tea Party events, you're mistaken. Many of those guys won't show up for free.

B) It operates on this very arrogant premise that "individual critical thinking can only possibly end up in one coming to the same (or similar) conclusion that I have on the matter...so any other conclusions must be the result of them being gullible, them being brainwashed by the 'other side', or them being paid to espouse that conclusion...if they were critically thinking for themselves, they'd agree with me!"

That's why so many on the right will show reverence to the Tea Party rallies, and describe them as some sort of uplifting display of what happens when people, who think for themselves and aren't afraid to challenge establishments, get together and organize their efforts for a common cause, ...yet, any of these rallies that's for a left-leaning person or cause, and the tone quickly changes and accusation of "Soros-funded" and "these people must have been paid to do this" or "these college kids are only doing this because they've been manipulated by the liberal professors", etc...

Both political factions have issues with certain double-standards when it comes to certain ideals like free speech and expression...but the present day political right REALLY has a problem with consistency that goes beyond just a few double-standards.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is this one of those "Soros-funded" theories? :sigh:

That ties in with a mentality that many on the right have been exhibiting (for a while now) that is inherently flawed.

B) It operates on this very arrogant premise that "individual critical thinking can only possibly end up in one coming to the same (or similar) conclusion that I have on the matter...so any other conclusions must be the result of them being gullible, them being brainwashed by the 'other side', or them being paid to espouse that conclusion...if they were critically thinking for themselves, they'd agree with me!"

I see this mentality frequently, right here. Irony.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I see this mentality frequently, right here. Irony.

The left may have a watered down version of this same mindset...but I've yet to hear anyone on the left accuse the Koch brothers of paying to bus in thousands of people for a faux rally/protest...or claiming that large scale events against right-leaning groups are some sort of secret agenda/conspiracy to make people sympathetic to their causes.

...but again, it's easy enough to decipher when that's actually taking place. You just review what the subject is, look at the facts, and if people have a die-hard loyalty to something that isn't true, and cite the source that taught them that, then it's likely a case of being artificially influenced...if the facts check out, then it's likely a case where the person did some research and formed a logical conclusion.

Is there a particular example you'd care to discuss?

Upvote 0