"a man must provide for the needs of his family" ....but what if you can't?

1v4n

Dec 20, 2009
Oregon
Visit site
✟15,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
""a man must provide for the needs of his family" ....but what if you can't?"

I would have to agree with you that there are circumstances such as mental health issues in which Heavenly Father sees we are unable to commit to, 1 Cor. 10:13 is a good example on temptation that i believe also teaches us that he won't give us more than we can bear.

Upvote 0

lostaquarium

Quite flawed
Dec 23, 2008
London
✟12,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not denying this :) but my point is simply that if a woman's number 1 deal-breaker is money.... than they will naturally draw men who's number 1 goal is money.... it's kind of how the cards will be drawn to you by the laws of pick up and discard..... if your number 1 deal breaker is money than you won't focas on anything else. So if a man is poor but is very godly.... you will discard him..... but if a man is rich but very ungodly..... that'll be who you choose.

it's quite simple really.
What if money isn't the number 1 deal-breaker, but, for example, the number 3 or 4 deal-breaker?

In your scenario, if I have to choose between a) poor + godly, and b) rich + ungodly, I would chose neither. But thankfully, those aren't the only two choices.

I don't agree that everyone wants an equal amount of money. I don't, personally - I want enough to be comfortable, provide for a family and take the occassinal trip. Otherwise my needs are pretty small. I don't need to have the latest technology, the newest gadgets, expensive jewelry, expensive cars, so on and so forth. I simply don't covet these things - they aren't important to me. My passion for writing music costs me nothing except time doing something else that would make more money - for things I don't want or need anyway.
Compared to really poor people, your needs are pretty big! What do you mean by "comfortable"? How large a family do you want, and what do you mean by "provide"? Are your kids going to grow up in a good neighbourhood? Maybe go to private school? Will they have computers to study on? Do you play on a grand piano? Would you like a Steinway? Where do you want to travel?

Everyone has such different definitions for "the essentials". And none of us would truly like to have the bare minimum. So, I think you do like to have money, Stravinsk (and I don't say that in a critical way, because I do too). You want less than some people do, and more than others.

I'd guess that rich men who gave away 80% of their earnings are rare. And there are probably some rich men who treat their wife with a great deal of respect, spends lots of time with her and their children...but - most rich men I know of work *alot* of hours, do *alot* of travel etc - which obviously eats into wife and family time and sometimes can make temptation (to adultery for him or for her) more acute.
Maybe your definition of "rich" is a lot richer than mine :D. A millionaire banker might fit into your description. But what about an average doctor or lawyer earning £50K a year? I think the latter group could have a very comfortable life, but still have plenty of time for family and hobbies.

Upvote 0