✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the beginning was the Word.....Jesus......God
There is one God and one mediator between man and God. That is the man Christ Jesus. Fully man and fully God.
That means there is a man as part of the godhead. Isn't that amazing? Isn't God amazing? What a good and wonderful God we serve!!!

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There is one God and one mediator between man and God. That is the man Christ Jesus. Fully man and fully God.
That means there is a man as part of the godhead. Isn't that amazing? Isn't God amazing? What a good and wonderful God we serve!!!
I don't remember if the word "Godhead" is in the original ,

but "Elohim" is, and Yeshua said is it not written in Scripture "you are [all] Elohim" ?

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

but "Elohim" is, and Yeshua said is it not written in Scripture "you are [all] Elohim" ?
Hi Jeff, what argument/point do you believe the Lord was making to the Jews when He quoted Psalms 82 to them in John 10?

Thanks!

--David
p.s. - "Godhead" wasn't part of the autographs, obviously ;), but certain Bibles, e.g KJV, NKJV, ASV, and others sometimes translate θειότης [theiotes] as "Godhead" in Acts, Romans, Colossians, &/or Hebrews.

Isaiah 43
10 “You are My witnesses,” declares the LORD,
“And My servant whom I have chosen,
In order that you may know and believe Me
And understand that I am He.
Before Me there was no God formed,
And there will be none after Me"

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Acts 17:29
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Ok I'll put it this way....There is a man who is part of the Trinity.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
======================================
QUOTE="Daniel Marsh, post: 72126733, member: 378377"]Acts 17:29
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
=================
29 Then man being of the offspring and family of YAHWEH, we ought not to suppose that the Sovereign Deity is like gold or silver or stone, engraved by art and the imagination of man.
30 Truly, then, Elohim overlooking the times of this ignorance, but now strictly commands all men everywhere to repent,
====================================

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
====================
16 For I am not ashamed of the good news of Messiah, for it is the power of Elohim to salvation to everyone believing, both to Jew first, and to the Aramean;
17 for in it the righteousness of Elohim is revealed from faith to faith; even as it has been written, "But the just shall live by faith." (Hab. 2:4)
18 For the wrath of Elohim from heaven is revealed against all the iniquity and wickedness of men, who unjustly suppress the truth.
19 because the thing known of Elohim is clearly known within them, for YAHWEH revealed it to them.
20 For, from the foundations of the world, the invisible things of Elohim are clearly seen and understood, in the things He created, even His eternal power and divinity; so that they might be without excuse;
21 because they knew YAHWEH, and did not glorify Him and give thanks to Him as Elohim, but became vain in their imaginations, and their unwise heart was darkened.
22 Professing to be wise, they became foolish
23 and changed the glory of the
incorruptible Elohim into a likeness of
an image of a corruptible man, and of
birds, and four-footed animals, and
creeping things . 24 Because of this, Elohim gave
them up to filthy lusts of their hearts, and their bodies to be dishonored among themselves,
25 who changed the truth of Elohim into the lie..."
=========================================

========================================
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.[/QUOTE
==========================
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of divinity bodily;

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
=================
29 Then man being of the offspring and family of YAHWEH, we ought not to suppose that the Sovereign Deity is like gold or silver or stone, engraved by art and the imagination of man.
30 Truly, then, Elohim overlooking the times of this ignorance, but now strictly commands all men everywhere to repent,

====================
16 For I am not ashamed of the good news of Messiah, for it is the power of Elohim to salvation to everyone believing, both to Jew first, and to the Aramean;
17 for in it the righteousness of Elohim is revealed from faith to faith; even as it has been written, "But the just shall live by faith." (Hab. 2:4)
18 For the wrath of Elohim from heaven is revealed against all the iniquity and wickedness of men, who unjustly suppress the truth.
19 because the thing known of Elohim is clearly known within them, for YAHWEH revealed it to them.
20 For, from the foundations of the world, the invisible things of Elohim are clearly seen and understood, in the things He created, even His eternal power and divinity; so that they might be without excuse;
21 because they knew YAHWEH, and did not glorify Him and give thanks to Him as Elohim, but became vain in their imaginations, and their unwise heart was darkened.
them up to filthy lusts of their hearts, and their bodies to be dishonored among themselves,

I'm sorry my friend. I miss your point?

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
=================

====================

Ah....So what you're saying is that you get stuck on a word and miss the entire message. Let me put it clear for you...Our mediator between man and God is a man. Our mediator between man and God is God. He has a vested interest in both sides of the negotiation. Thus we cannot lose...God gave us a strong guarantee by taking a human body and making us humans part of the family. And we can go farther......Its a many faceted blessing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No.
You missed the boat entirely here.
Well, since I started the thread, and was talking about a man being a member of the godhead.....The subject was not about a word "Godhead" but about a man being part of it. How could I miss my own point?
Just to make you happy though, I'll give you this...King James Version.
Acts 17:29

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

msortwell

Mar 9, 2004
Gibson, Wisconsin
✟184,801.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Perhaps I am wound a little too tight, but I cringed when I read that, “He has a vested interest in both sides of the negotiation. Thus we cannot lose...God gave us a strong guarantee by taking a human body and making us humans part of the family.”

The notion that there are “two sides” involved, or that there is a “negotiation” under way necessarily intimates that there is some thing over which God the Son and God the Father are at odds. I am confident that this was not your intent. But like I said – I am wound too tight.

The thing being addressed is the sin of men that places unsaved men at enmity with God. It was addressed by a means that was determined before the foundation of the world – a means determined by the triune Godhead (no element of which was yet human) – a means regarding which all three persons of the triune Godhead were in full agreement.

It DID involve one person in the triune Godhead (God the Son) ultimately taking on human flesh (becoming all man, yet all God – surely a mystery) in a manner that in no way changed his divine attributes. We call this the incarnation – an event that many of us celebrate today.

God the Son died, paying the sin debt of his people, as was agreed upon before the foundation of world. So . . . no negotiation . . . no two sides. Only a single fully-agreed-upon plan of redemption, conceived of, and completed by the full triune Godhead – one person of which is now (after the incarnation we celebrate today) is both fully God and fully man.

And as you rightly stated, those for whom the Son died cannot possibly lose what he already won for us.

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps I am wound a little too tight, but I cringed when I read that, “He has a vested interest in both sides of the negotiation. Thus we cannot lose...God gave us a strong guarantee by taking a human body and making us humans part of the family.”

The notion that there are “two sides” involved, or that there is a “negotiation” under way necessarily intimates that there is some thing over which God the Son and God the Father are at odds. I am confident that this was not your intent. But like I said – I am wound too tight.

The thing being addressed is the sin of men that places unsaved men at enmity with God. It was addressed by a means that was determined before the foundation of the world – a means determined by the triune Godhead (no element of which was yet human) – a means regarding which all three persons of the triune Godhead were in full agreement.

It DID involve one person in the triune Godhead (God the Son) ultimately taking on human flesh (becoming all man, yet all God – surely a mystery) in a manner that in no way changed his divine attributes. We call this the incarnation – an event that many of us celebrate today.

God the Son died, paying the sin debt of his people, as was agreed upon before the foundation of world. So . . . no negotiation . . . no two sides. Only a single fully-agreed-upon plan of redemption, conceived of, and completed by the full triune Godhead – one person of which is now (after the incarnation we celebrate today) is both fully God and fully man.

And as you rightly stated, those for whom the Son died cannot possibly lose what he already won for us.
Of course you're wound too tight. Its Christmas....LOL
But really....A covenant is a contract. A legal document. And as many parties negotiate that contract count as 'sides'. That being said, because one is on one side of a negotiation or the other, it does not mean its a war. Two businessmen form a business, they make a covenant as to how they will run said business, John will handle finances Joe will handle production, together they will handle logistics, and future planning etc. Two men, two sides, a good working relationship. And it eliminates forgetfulness.
Now the New Covenant, made between the Father and Jesus is a working contract that states how things will work so that we will benefit to the maximum. The entire covenant between the two is for one goal. That we may have life and that, more abundantly.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If you were a millionaire, you could post bond/ bail/ for a thousand prisoners, all then set free.

You cannot control them if they jump bond and disappear of their own free will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael Scaman

Apr 16, 2016
Goshen, NY USA
✟12,404.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jesus has two natures welded together so to speak ... fully God and took on himself a fully human nature I think RC Sproul would say the divine nature of Jesus is part of the Trinity. But the human nature? In a sense Jesus as fully man is not part of that try-unity So maybe we could say the Godhead os 3 persons in tri-unity of divine nature bound forever to a human nature in the person Jesus

The trinity is 3 persons sharing 1 divine nature (Athenasian Trinity)
Jesus has two natures an undefiled human nature and a divine nature (hypostatic union)

The council of Chalcedon on the nature(s) of Christ said the two natures of Christ don't mix

Last edited:
Upvote 0

msortwell

Mar 9, 2004
Gibson, Wisconsin
✟184,801.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If you were a millionaire, you could post bond/ bail/ for a thousand prisoners, all then set free.

You cannot control them if they jump bond and disappear of their own free will.

What you say of ME is accurate, but it has no correlation to what Jesus accomplished for His own.

He did not merely post bond, leaving believers with a future obligation - or a sin debt to be paid. Jesus received on himself our sin and died to pay the penalty for it - to pay it in full. To pay the sin debt for men Jesus HAD to be a man. And those having faith in him recieve his perfect righteousness credited to them. To be perfectly rightious, Jesus HAD to be God.

Although the redeemed need pay nothing toward the price of their redemption, they are inescapably constrained by thanksgiving to worship and obey the gracious God who saved them.

Upvote 0

Michael Scaman

Apr 16, 2016
Goshen, NY USA
✟12,404.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you say of ME is accurate, but it has no correlation to what Jesus accomplished for His own.

He did not merely post bond, leaving believers with a future obligation - or a sin debt to be paid. Jesus received on himself our sin and died to pay the penalty for it - to pay it in full. To pay the sin debt for men Jesus HAD to be a man. And those having faith in him recieve his perfect righteousness credited to them. To be perfectly rightious, Jesus HAD to be God.

Although the redeemed need pay nothing toward the price of their redemption, they are inescapably constrained by thanksgiving to worship and obey the gracious God who saved them.

Part of salvation is a new heart and power to live. He did much more than post bond It's a transforming grace

Col 1:5,6 says that the fruit of the believers in Colossi went back to the day they understood the grace of God in truth.

Upvote 0