London, UK
✟61,300.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
We will see him physically. I have no doubts of that.

Acts 1:10-11
They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

He ascended into Heaven in physical form, he will come back in the same way.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Hope this helps, God bless.

Upvote 0

DoctorJosh

Jun 7, 2010
United States of America
✟564.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does our Redeemer come in the spirit only or in the flesh?...i hear opinions for both views and they seem pretty convincing...

Read Matthew Chapters 24 and 25.

In reference to your question, Jesus will come in the spirit.
Matthew 24 v30
Jesus will come on the Clouds of Heaven with great Power and Glory. (In short, but read it.) From which it is the end of this world and it will be Judgment Day. People that say Jesus is coming to rule for a thousand years are wrong, these last thousand years that Christianity has been spread around the world has been the time Jesus has lived through the hearts of many in every Nation and that was the Thousand years that is mentioned. It has been 2 thousand years since Jesus was Crucified.

Thus in Matthew 25 v46 it clearly says it is the end.
"And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." Thus it is the end of this world. Amen.

So by reading those two chapters of Matthew you can see all your questions are answered. Another point is that even when Jesus visited His Disciples, Jesus came in the spirit, not in the flesh.

If you need more references I can give plenty. God Bless.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does our Redeemer come in the spirit only or in the flesh?...i hear opinions for both views and they seem pretty convincing...

I thought you were asking if Jesus comes to us (today) in the flesh as well as Spirit or just the Spirit only.
Some, such as the Lutherans believe He comes to us in the Sacrament offering us His Body and Blood.
As far as 2000 years ago, He definitely came bodily and in the near future He definitely will come bodily so that every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums