• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Pon-3

Jan 26, 2021
Naucalpan
✟7,849.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ive been contemplating many things during the past years my life my death etc, Ive prayed about it and no answer or nothing has come my way, I feel abandoned like God turned His back on me, I am 30 well gonna turn 30 this year, I have not finished college heck not even started due to my financial turmoil that have been going on since 2012, ive always wanted to major in cybersecurity sadly i dont think that will be possible, ive always wanted to get married have kids or foster/adopt them, (always have a had in mind that) and to be honest at this stage in my life and how everything is going I dont see anything of it happening, I am more lonely than ever, since this covid business started, I just feel sad, cold and more recently ive felt detached and even angry at God, where is He I ask? Just feel that all my dreams hopes are scrapped and now i feel i got nothing to lose. My life to me is meaningless at the moment and honestly i dont see it getting better, parents are sad for me and i hate seeing them that way they are the only people that love me, in the end when they are gone ill be all alone here. no brothers or sisters, no friends no nothing. Life to me is just whatever.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God bless you, and welcome to Christian Forums.

I would say, appreciate that you have your parents who care about you.

Right now, there are my church's Christian people whom I do not see, because of the pandemic. But I know they love me and care about me, and I can love each person whom I do see.

Jesus wants us to love each person whom we do see. Be their friend. Be kind. Even if you just say hi, be thankful that you can love.

«No seas vencido de lo malo, sino vence con el bien el mal.» (Romanos 12:21)

Cybersecurity might be a great job, but you can do that without personal loving . . . and still be lonely.

The greatest education we can have includes learning how to love in a close relationship. This is part of the greatest and most interesting challenge and adventure which we have, with God.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ive been contemplating many things during the past years my life my death etc, Ive prayed about it and no answer or nothing has come my way, I feel abandoned like God turned His back on me, I am 30 well gonna turn 30 this year, I have not finished college heck not even started due to my financial turmoil that have been going on since 2012, ive always wanted to major in cybersecurity sadly i dont think that will be possible, ive always wanted to get married have kids or foster/adopt them, (always have a had in mind that) and to be honest at this stage in my life and how everything is going I dont see anything of it happening, I am more lonely than ever, since this covid business started, I just feel sad, cold and more recently ive felt detached and even angry at God, where is He I ask? Just feel that all my dreams hopes are scrapped and now i feel i got nothing to lose. My life to me is meaningless at the moment and honestly i dont see it getting better, parents are sad for me and i hate seeing them that way they are the only people that love me, in the end when they are gone ill be all alone here. no brothers or sisters, no friends no nothing. Life to me is just whatever.
Welcome ! Consider changing your focus on the love our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth has for you. Walk in His Holy Spirit daily so that His will be done in your life. Be patient. Appreciate what you do have. As Christians we were never promised peace in this world but only in the world to come, the Kingdom of God. Stay focused on your love for Him first. Blessings.

Upvote 0

AK1982

All things ... through HIM who strengthens!
Sep 26, 2019
Netherlands
✟29,012.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
where is He I ask?

Job said
(in chapter 23:8,9) - “8. But if I go to the east, he is not there; if I go to the west, I do not find him. 9. When he is at work in the north, I do not see him; when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him."

And the same Job later said (in chapter 42:2,3) - "I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted. 3. Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know."

For Job, it took so many in-between chapters of waiting/questioning/reasoning/enduring to finally say and realise that he spoke of things he did not understand and that God's purposes cannot be thwarted.

You will reach there too ... to that point where all your questions stand answered and the divine purposes understood by you. Just hang in there with patience. With God, there is no dead end. There is hope, we just cannot see at times. His grace is sufficient, take heart!

God hasn't abandoned you. He never leaves you nor forsake you is a promise from God. He can be trusted on that, for sure!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You have a number of concerns, friend! The first concern is about your education and access to it; also your dear family. Rather than college, have you considered a Technical School which is less expensive and can get you into a good career of similar interests? Training skills is more important than just looking for any job, but sometimes I have seen young people find rewarding careers in other of their many interests in life. You might look into career manuals to learn of opportunities, and I find the government book in the USA: Occupational Outlook Handbook, which is at most Libraries, is an excellent report on how to train for many specialized, technical and professional careers; and there might be such material at your library. College is not always the best way to good paying jobs. Other career books at the library can help, so inquire there. I have directed many young people that direction.

As to your problem finding blessings from God, let me suggest you try coming to Him on His terms rather than yours. Have you read John 3:16-18 and John 14, etc. to learn how to become a real "child of God" and assured of eternal blessing and Heaven forever ---besides His care here now? Try reading ALL the New Testament of the Bible (I recommend the Authorized KJV for greatest soundness).

Please do not EVER complain against our Creator-God (not at all wise, friend). Come to God AS He tells us and not just expect blessings because you want it. I hope you will take kindly to this bit of counsel, friend and put the Lord Jesus first in your heart and learn to walk and talk with Him daily. Write me personally anytime, if you like. -1watchman

Last edited:
Upvote 0