A Letter to Islam - Your Critique, please!

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Agree to disagree

well, you can disagree with our theology, but you can't disagree with that being how we see God, unless you can actually show that we altered the teaching, which you have yet to do.

if you can actually show some concrete evidence, this conversation might go somewhere.

Upvote 0

Godistruth1

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2018
Somewhere
✟97,167.00
Country
India
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
well, you can disagree with our theology, but you can't disagree with that being how we see God, unless you can actually show that we altered the teaching, which you have yet to do.

if you can actually show some concrete evidence, this conversation might go somewhere.
Father-one consciousness
Son- another consciousness
Holy ghost- third consciousnesses

There are three different personalities and not one person. When I say One God I mean only one consciousness.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Father-one consciousness
Son- another consciousness
Holy ghost- third consciousnesses

There are three different personalities and not one person. When I say One God I mean only one consciousness.

I don't care what you think about the Trinity. especially when you don't define God as we do. this will lead nowhere unless you actually show something from the early centuries which proves your point. if you are just going to present your opinion or belief as fact, you are wasting your time.

Upvote 0

Godistruth1

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2018
Somewhere
✟97,167.00
Country
India
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I don't care what you think about the Trinity. especially when you don't define God as we do. this will lead nowhere unless you actually show something from the early centuries which proves your point. if you are just going to present your opinion or belief as fact, you are wasting your time.
I'm not presenting it as fact. That's why I said let's agree to disagree. I presented why Muslims have problem with Trinity. You asked me why we have problem and I replied just that

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm not presenting it as fact. That's why I said let's agree to disagree. I presented why Muslims have problem with Trinity. You asked me why we have problem and I replied just that

no, I asked for any evidence that Christians corrupted the Revelation. you have yet to show anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If God knows everything which includes future why did God regret making humans and he regretted making Saul king?

He is God. when we say He regrets it's not the same as when we do it. He is showing His displeasure at sin, and communicating it in a way the Jews would have understood. this doesn't make Him any less all knowing.

Upvote 0

Godistruth1

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2018
Somewhere
✟97,167.00
Country
India
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
He is God. when we say He regrets it's not the same as when we do it. He is showing His displeasure at sin, and communicating it in a way the Jews would have understood. this doesn't make Him any less all knowing.
I don't believe regret means displeasure in any way. Then that would have been the translation if that was the word. Bible says God is not the author of confusion but if you say its displeasure then its creating confusion !!

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe regret means displeasure in any way. Then that would have been the translation if that was the word. Bible says God is not the author of confusion but if you say its displeasure then its creating confusion !!

it's only creating confusion because you think your way of reading it is the only way. it's not my problem you keep ignoring the context. you are also neglecting that it's a translation

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are confused friend .. And it's so plain staring you in the face , but you can't see it unless it is revealed to you from God .. God wants to reveal it to you but you refuse to be still and know ''He is God'' .. The billions who have humbled themselves and looked for God he has revealed himself in the person of Jesus the Son, he is the way and he is the Truth and the Light . Islam is no more than a religious club that buys you nothing, Muhammad is nothing more than a sinful man, another founder of another man made cult .. I don't seek to offend you because I know you love and believe your religion .. Look to your own brethren who came out from your cult and lands who have been enlightened by God with the rebirth in the Christ of God . Begin with Father Zechariah Botros, he knows you from the inside out .. I dare you to answer him and not know he is speaking Truth .. I was an Atheist and worse on Christians than most but now have testimony of the true God in Jesus that you could never know except one way .. You must be ''born again'' in Spirit by faith ..

Did Muhammad know if he was going to heaven or hell ? Abu Bakr said ''even if he had one foot in heaven he still didn't know if Allah would reject him'' .. John 13:3 Yet Jesus knew where he come from and where he was going John 8:14

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Gospel record has not been corrupted; Jesus Christ is the same always ( Hebrews 13:8 ).

If you do not understand this then consider the Lord’s commandments ( see Matthew 19:16-19 Romans 13:8-10 etc ). Surely you believe Jesus Christ is a prophet of God and His words are true here. Do what is right in the eyes of God ( Allah ) ( see Romans 2:6-16 ). Our Lord gives much consideration to the hearts of the individual but also take note of His warning ( see Matthew 12:31 ).

Upvote 0