A Lenten Challenge (Random Acts of Kindness)

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Alright guys, I have a special Lenten challenge for anyone who wants to participate! I mean... it doesn't technically have to be Lent in order for you to participate in this challenge, but since it is currently Lent at the time of this post, I'm labeling this as a Lenten challenge.

The theme of this challenge is "Random Acts of Kindness"!

To participate in this challenge, all you must do are random acts of kindness. This can look like many different things, including (but not limited to):
  • Visiting someone who is sick (even if they are not in the hospital)
  • Caring for someone who is sick
  • Babysitting for a parent who is overworked, tired, or just wants a date night with their spouse
  • Doing litter cleanup around a local park (with gloves on, of course)
  • Donating to a charity of your choice (even if it is just a one-time donation)
  • Sending letters to relatives or friends without telling them (so it can be a surprise!)
  • Buying wrapped candies to give to those who are kind to you
  • Making care packages to donate to prisons or shelters (homeless, domestic violence, etc.)
  • Reaching out to someone online who is depressed and letting them know that someone cares
  • Volunteering at a local animal shelter or other organization
  • Bringing food to a homeless or needy person
  • Letting others know about resources within their community (even if you just post about it on social media)
  • Paying for someone else's meal if they don't have the money to pay for it themselves
  • Doing chores around the house without being asked
  • Making dinner for your family, if you don't already do it (or volunteering to help)
  • Offering someone your pencil or pen
  • Helping a classmate with their note-taking
  • Helping someone else carry their groceries or books
  • Visiting a retirement home and volunteering some time to spend with the residents (bring some simple puzzles or cards with you!)
  • Spending time with your family, if you don't ordinarily do so
The list could go on forever. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that for this challenge, you should go out of your way to do something kind for others. Something that you don't regularly do. If you already do some kind things for others that's great too, but it makes a really big difference to do random acts of kindness too.

What I've been doing is just trying to do the random acts of kindness that come to my mind, but that method might not be right for everyone. If you are having trouble finding ideas on what to do, my suggestion would be to look online for additional ideas. And, if you have any other suggestions for random acts of kindness for people to do, feel free to leave some comments telling us what you came up with!

There are not really any rules for this challenge since it's pretty straightforward, however I do have one suggestion to make. It may seem tempting to advertise the random acts of kindness that you do, and you are certainly free to do so... however, it may be a bit better to do these random acts of kindness without spreading the word far and wide. After all, the point of this challenge is not to get additional recognition, but instead to better the lives of others and improve the world in our own little ways. If you feel the need to tell someone about it (maybe because you just feel so good about it), I might suggest writing it down in a journal. But, again, you're free to disregard this. It is only a friendly suggestion, after all.

And that's the challenge! So, I guess my question to anyone reading this is: Will you be participating in this challenge? :)

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And that's the challenge! So, I guess my question to anyone reading this is: Will you be participating in this challenge?
Sure, sounds like something I need to do.

Upvote 0