• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

A Jewish riddle

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by FlameofYah, Oct 19, 2014.

1. ErezY

ErezY Active Member

+53
    Messianic
    Private
    Palestinians are not the Philistines in Israel's time. Palestine did not exist till the Balfour declaration of 1917. The Philistines were Phonecian/Greek, not Arabic......

2. NannaNae

NannaNae Guest

+0
    the problem with this is that the sea tribes are these clans and cities and they are just city states of lands , peoples and tribes..

Philadelpiah is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaşehir and it isn't it's home land it is just a city state of Elishah who was everyplace.. including India and china..
    Pergamon is some kind of greek tribe and I have no idea what other names they may have gone by but they are everyplace too..
    I think here they are Per( K or Q)kimon/ Perkimans / perky/ Perkins I think is it is a tribe... and it is also in northwestern Europe. and who knows where else. trust me lots of places. like Pergui sp in mexico/ or tip of Baja California tribe of fair haired who were murdered.. gone now.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
  3. NannaNae

NannaNae Guest

+0
    that is right! but they are mixed a little with philistines and only have right to any city state around there by their Philistine blood lines.

4. ErezY

ErezY Active Member

+53
    Messianic
    Private
    ?? Palestinians are not related at all to the Philistines. Palestine was created in 1917 through the Balfour declaration. How could they have mixed with the Philistines who were from Greece and ruled over Israel B.C.? It's like saying the Hopi are mixed with the Spanish, because they occupied the SW in the 17th-18th centuries. And that the Spanish have land rights to Hopi land too.

Palestine are Arabs not Greeks. Philistine was a Greek nation. Not an Arab one. And they were over a thousand years apart in history. How could they have mixed?

Have you see this presentation by Dennis Prager?

The truth about the middle east, Israel Palestinian conflict in 5 minutes, by the Prager University - YouTube

5. NannaNae

NannaNae Guest

+0
    there is Philistine/ and Phoenicians blood in that area.. and I think your right it isn't alot of them . and where who knows now.. they are so mixed with arabs and such. but there has to be some direct lines there.

6. pat34lee

pat34lee Messianic

+2,574
    Messianic
    Single
    There are other reasons to believe in a pre-70AD date for all the books of the NT. Someone surely would have written about the temple's destruction if it were current news. That is the major reason I believe it.