Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Two of the leading Democratic contenders for nomination to the Presidency, Bernie Sanders and Mike Bloomberg, are Jewish. What is interesting, is that their Jewishness doesn't seem to be an issue for non-Jews. Indeed the only talk I've ever heard is some grumbling from fellow Jews that Sanders seems to be a little too shy about being Jewish and not strong enough on Israel. The thing is, I'm not hearing any of the anti-Semitic stuff that I really would have expected to hear.

What do you all think about this?

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟678,402.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Two of the leading Democratic contenders for nomination to the Presidency, Bernie Sanders and Mike Bloomberg, are Jewish. What is interesting, is that their Jewishness doesn't seem to be an issue for non-Jews.
If elected, Biden, Bloomberg, and Sanders will become Octogenarian in office. It would be a mistake to select anyone of them. OTOH, Buttigieg and Gabbard are too young, not enough experience. They may have other chances in the future.

Cognitive Skills and the Aging Brain: What to Expect

Based on Primary results so far, Klobuchar has the best chance to represent the Democratic Party. Steer is still in the race. Warren is way to the left and has too much baggage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Two of the leading Democratic contenders for nomination to the Presidency, Bernie Sanders and Mike Bloomberg, are Jewish. What is interesting, is that their Jewishness doesn't seem to be an issue for non-Jews. Indeed the only talk I've ever heard is some grumbling from fellow Jews that Sanders seems to be a little too shy about being Jewish and not strong enough on Israel. The thing is, I'm not hearing any of the anti-Semitic stuff that I really would have expected to hear.

What do you all think about this?
Both are Jewish by ethnicity not practice.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I think the general public is aware they are Jewish but there really is nothing Jewish about them. Easy for the public to overlook, and I think the majority of the public is not anti-semitic.

Upvote 0