• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A hurtful Remark

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My Grandma and Aunt are visiting today. When my Grandma first saw me and hugged me she then said, "Your getting fat." She is usually very frank but it hurt me emotionally because I am still overweight because of being overfed by my torturer. I lost some weight but not enough yet. Can you please pray that I will be gentle on myself and not be cruel to myself about my weight gain.

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In the name of, the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of sorrows, the Crucified is with thee. Tearful art thou among women

and tearful is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of the Crucified, pray for us, crucifiers of thy Son, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Amen.

Keep healing.

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
My Grandma and Aunt are visiting today. When my Grandma first saw me and hugged me she then said, "Your getting fat." She is usually very frank but it hurt me emotionally because I am still overweight because of being overfed by my torturer. I lost some weight but not enough yet. Can you please pray that I will be gentle on myself and not be cruel to myself about my weight gain.

Bluerose, I'm very very sorry that you had to hear those words from your grandmother.

I was verbally abused and emotionally/psychologically abused for decades.

Father God, please comfort Bluerose and help her to be gentle with herself about weight gain and everything else. Please show her Your incredible, amazing love. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.
jesus-the-healer.jpg

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bluerose, I'm very very sorry that you had to hear those words from your grandmother.

I was verbally abused and emotionally/psychologically abused for decades.

Father God, please comfort Bluerose and help her to be gentle with herself about weight gain and everything else. Please show her Your incredible, amazing love. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.
View attachment 202895
I am so sorry you were verbally, emotionally and psychologically abused :( Sending a hug to you. Thank you so much for your compassionate prayer.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of sorrows, the Crucified is with thee. Tearful art thou among women

and tearful is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of the Crucified, pray for us, crucifiers of thy Son, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Amen.

Keep healing.
Thank you JesusLovesOurLady for this beautiful prayer.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My great grandma told me "you too big boy" first time she saw me after I gained weight. So unfortunately this happens:(
I'm sorry that happened :( I know it doesn't feel good. Praying God heal that wound for you. Blessings.

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know it hurts when others, especially family, say thoughtless things. Just remember, it is what is in the heart that is most important and from your posts I see that your heart ia beautiful. Stay strong.

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I am so sorry you were verbally, emotionally and psychologically abused :( Sending a hug to you. Thank you so much for your compassionate prayer.

Bluerose, thank you for your compassionate reply

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know it hurts when others, especially family, say thoughtless things. Just remember, it is what is in the heart that is most important and from your posts I see that your heart ia beautiful. Stay strong.
Thank you for these compassionate words PropheticTimes :)

Upvote 0

CatholicCrusader

Papal Crusader
Jul 28, 2017
California
✟3,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I don't know if this is helpful, but I have fluctuated in weight my whole life. Then at one time I started jogging, and I jogged so much that I got way too thin. Then I finally said the heck with all this! I like to eat and I only live once and I'll eat what I like. Now I am fat and I really don't care. It does not make me feel bad and I am cool with who and what I am.

As Gracchus (Charles Laughton) said in Spartacus: "You and I have a tendency towards corpulence. Corpulence makes a man reasonable, pleasant and phlegmatic. Have you noticed the nastiest of tyrants are invariably thin?"

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if this is helpful, but I have fluctuated in weight my whole life. Then at one time I started jogging, and I jogged so much that I got way too thin. Then I finally said the heck with all this! I like to eat and I only live once and I'll eat what I like. Now I am fat and I really don't care. It does not make me feel bad and I am cool with who and what I am.

As Gracchus (Charles Laughton) said in Spartacus: "You and I have a tendency towards corpulence. Corpulence makes a man reasonable, pleasant and phlegmatic. Have you noticed the nastiest of tyrants are invariably thin?"
Thank you for sharing this with me :) It is good to be at peace with who we are. Blessings to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.