Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One thing is certain when it comes to Americans’ food preferences — everything is better with hot sauce. From sandwiches and burritos to soups and eggs, these foods and many more in between are arguably better with a little heat. According to a recent Instacart survey conducted online by The Harris Poll among over 2,000 U.S. adults, 74% of Americans eat hot sauce with their food, and nearly half (45%) said they typically dash hot sauce on their food once a week or more often. What’s more, among those who use hot sauce, 67% say they are passionate about their favorite brand — suggesting they will go to bat for their favorite spicy sauce. With National Hot Sauce Day approaching on January 22, we conducted a deep dive using Instacart purchase and survey data to uncover America’s hot sauce preferences.

America’s spiciest debate: which hot sauces reign supreme?

Continued below.
A Hot Take on America’s Favorite Hot Sauces

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Looks like we've tipped over into hot sauce day! My favorite is the fermented kind my husband and I make with whatever spicy peppers we have on hand, garlic, onions, and a salty brine. I also make some with dried, preferably smoked, peppers. They get reconstituted, blended with garlic and herbs, and added to sour cream or yogurt.

This reminds me of buffalo chicken dip. Gotta get some drumsticks out of the freezer!

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟566,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I can't believe Crystal didn't rank in the top 10. I like Tabasco, Crystal, and Valentina of the common grocery store brands. Franks is also fine but not really very hot.

I believe I consumed an adequate amount of Texas Pete for a lifetime in my time in the Navy. That was what was available in the enlisted mess aboard ship unless we were running out of condiments and one of the officers took compassion on us by bringing down some Tabasco from the ward room.

Upvote 0