Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The scripture:

Exodus 22
2 If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.
3 If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be blood shed for him; for he should make full restitution; if he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.

God allows a homeowner who is confronted with an intruder who invades their property at night to kill them. During the day this method is unacceptable.

People say self-defense is a gray area in the Bible but this shows what God intends for house invaders if they force their way into peoples houses at night. It also helps shed some light on the whole modern day house invasion issue.
*Please note not all countries have justifiable homicide laws for house invaders so check with your local police on the legal situation in your area*

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
shows what God intends for house invaders if they force their way into peoples houses at night.
No.
What is permissible if it might have been accidental death (due to being too dark to see- if someone dies but was not intended to be killed) The benefit of the doubt is granted to the home-owner if he could not see clearly, if it was too dark to see and the killing was accidental, not intended.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Again, the scripture says this:

2 If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.

So you kill a house invader at night,there is no punishment for you. By the law of God.

@Jeff all those things you said are just your personal add-on's and not scripture.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, the scripture says this:

So you kill a house invader at night,there is no punishment for you. By the law of God.

@Jeff all those things you said are just your personal add-on's and not scripture.
Then why would it be acceptable at night but not during the day?

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
OR you added something not there. Go figure.

In daytime, note, if a home-owner kills someone, he shall be killed also.

The difference at night, when they had no light?

I think you have misinterpreted by adding all those non-Biblical ideas.

Also I don't think you should be posting in here due to forum rules. Do Anabaptists believe in the Trinity? If not you are not a fundamentalist by the forum definition and cannot take fellowship here:

The Fundamentalist Christians Statement of Purpose
This forum is for all fundamentalist Christians to discuss and fellowship together.

A Fundamentalist Christian is a born again believer in Lord Jesus Christ who:
  1. Maintains an immovable allegiance to the inerrant, infallible, and verbally Inspired Bible;
  2. Believes whatever the Bible says is so;
  3. Judges all things by the Bible, and is judged only by the Bible, aka - "Sola Scriptura";
  4. Affirms the foundational truths of the historic Christian Faith:
    a. The doctrine of the Trinity

So it appears if you are not a Trinitarian you are not a fundamentalist and consequently not allowed to post here.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Of coarse it matters, God's laws make sense.

Well it's in the scripture and in this forum no scripture is made redundant or can be denied,as per the forum rules:

''Believes whatever the Bible says is so;''

Perhaps you should try the egalitarian forum if you want to ''make sense'' of Gods law. If Hank has to be satisfied before he will believe something i'm afraid that is not how fundamentalism is structured. You believe first and question after.

And for the record it makes sense to me,so we obviously have a different vision of God.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well it's in the scripture and in this forum no scripture is made redundant or can be denied,as per the forum rules:

''Believes whatever the Bible says is so;''

Perhaps you should try the egalitarian forum if you want to ''make sense'' of Gods law. If Hank has to be satisfied before he will believe something i'm afraid that is not how fundamentalism is structured. You believe first and question after.

And for the record it makes sense to me,so we obviously have a different vision of God.
That's what I am asking. What is your interpretation of that scripture? Why would it be ok at night but not during the day?
Every fundamentalist theologian that have written commentaries give interpretations of scripture. I'm sure you have heard of John Gill, John Calvin, and many others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The scripture:

Exodus 22
3 If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be blood shed for him; for he should make full restitution; if he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.

God allows a homeowner who is confronted with an intruder who invades their property at night to kill them. During the day this method is unacceptable.

People say self-defense is a gray area in the Bible but this shows what God intends for house invaders if they force their way into peoples houses at night. It also helps shed some light on the whole modern day house invasion issue.
*Please note not all countries have justifiable homicide laws for house invaders so check with your local police on the legal situation in your area*
Fail. The text specifies theft, not danger to self or others.

The text states you can kill the thief while he is still entering. In the state where I live (Virginia, USA) and in most other US states the perpetrator bust be entirely within the house. The Bible would justify a lethal response prior to that which US laws allow.

And you really should get something other than the KJV. No one says, "broken up," or "smitten" for theft and assault anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That's what I am asking. What is your interpretation of that scripture? Why would it be ok at night but not during the day?
Every fundamentalist theologian that have written commentaries give interpretations of scripture. I'm sure you have heard of John Gill, John Calvin, and many others.

I thought I did that in the OP. The scripture says a homeowner has a licence to kill a thief,that would be the home invader during the night and not during the day. Why must we overthink and justify everything? Especially when it comes from the word of God?

I think most evil happens at night under the cover of darkness and our lords enemies used this method when they took him:

Luke 22:53
53 When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Fail. The text specifies theft, not danger to self or others.

The text states you can kill the thief while he is still entering. In the state where I live (Virginia, USA) and in most other US states the perpetrator bust be entirely within the house. The Bible would justify a lethal response prior to that which US laws allow.

And you really should get something other than the KJV. No one says, "broken up," or "smitten" for theft and assault anymore.

I'm not talking about civil/US law I'm talking about Biblical law. You are another person who has added a load of add-ons.

Exodus 22

This is understood to be a thief breaking into a home. Thats what it means to force your way into someones house to steal. Not just during the entrance but the break in or house invasion. If it happens at night and you kill them under Biblical law you do not get killed yourself.

I will not argue about Bible versions in this thread,I only trust the KJV. What version you use is your business.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You do realize that the Mozaic law was given to Israel only until John the baptist, that its a very ancient tribal law and that its not applicable to modern, developed, Christian society, right?

Better move to a safer country, if you are so afraid of night home intruders (where the heck are you living?) than to become a killer.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You do realize that the Mozaic law was given to Israel only until John the baptist, that its a very ancient tribal law and that its not applicable to modern, developed, Christian society, right? . . .

Please be observant of the fundamentalist forum rules,you are not allowed to deny scripture in this forum:

This forum is for all fundamentalist Christians to discuss and fellowship together.

1. Maintains an immovable allegiance to the inerrant, infallible, and verbally Inspired Bible;

I'm from the UK and I'm not scared of house invaders. The unfortunate thing is if you kill a house invader in many countries in your own home,you are the one who could be punished severely.

I just wanted to show Gods view on this matter in contrast.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not talking about civil/US law I'm talking about Biblical law. You are another person who has added a load of add-ons.
Baloney. I understood you were talking about Biblical Law. IT IS STATED RIGHT THERE IN THE OP FOR ALL TO READ!

I'm a theonomist. I understand the application of Biblical law in post-Calvary times.

The simple fact is the Biblical law would empower a position far more aggressive than that which is currently legal where I live and you are ignoring that fact in your own op! Are you prepared to defend the more aggressive, violent, lethal position with something more than a proof-texted verse? If so then do so. If not then say so and provide op-relevant commentary. But under no circumstance tell me or any other poster we've added on something to the law when we have not.

That is bearing false witness.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Please be observant of the fundamentalist forum rules,you are not allowed to deny scripture in this forum:

I'm from the UK and I'm not scared of house invaders. The unfortunate thing is if you kill a house invader in many countries in your own home,you are the one who could be punished severely.

I just wanted to show Gods view on this matter in contrast.
I am not deyning Scripture, I am actually saying what the Scripture is saying:

"The Law and the Prophets were until John"
Lk 16:16

Rules have changed. Christ's laws are different.

To kill a human being is a very drastic psychological experience, its probably better to let the invader took things and go. If you is attacking you, then you will not be punished severely in almost any country for self defense.

But I have never heard about "night invaders" in my country, so I was afraid you are living in some dangerous area.

Upvote 0