Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Apostolic Pentecostals (also known as Jesus' Name Pentecostals or Oneness Pentecostals) adhere to a viewpoint of the Godhead known as Oneness. They see Acts 2:38 as the original New Testament Plan of Salvation. Repentance, water baptism (in Jesus' name), and Spirit infilling (evidenced by tongues) are equal components for a believer's salvation. We believe that Christians should practice a life of holiness (inwardly and outwardly), without which none of us shall see the Lord.

I am unsure of the exact number of Apostolic Pentecostals here on Christian Forums, but I have came across a few in different areas during my time here. Some Apostolics may choose not to proclaim their ideas on the nature of God or other aspects of a believer's life simply because they fear persecution from other members or, in some cases, the administrators. Christian Forums opens its doors for people of non-Christian faiths to be allowed to post here.

In saying that, shouldn't we Apostolic Pentecostals have our own home here? We aren't generally accepted in the Pentecostal & Assemblies of God thread because of the Godhead differences, while the only places the "rules" say we can post our theological ideas are in debate sections or non-Christian forums. That isn't fair. I want a home for Apostolic Pentecostals here on Christian Forums, and I certainly don't think it is too much to ask.

God bless!

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe that if they allow other religions on here, one-ness believers should be allowed equally as well. That is what is fair.

But what you call persecution I call hefty reproof. New Testament salvation is the same as Old Testament salvation: calling upon the name of the Lord to be saved as shown in Acts 2:21 (which comes before Acts 2:38, explaining what one must to do be saved prior to baptism), Genesis 4:26, Joel 2:32.

Acts 16:30-31 "And brought them out and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a life of holiness (inwardly and outwardly), without which none of us shall see the Lord.
You can start a thread about this, I would say, without bringing in promotion of oneness theology. This, I think, could be started in "General Theology".

And you can discuss, in the "Christian Scriptures" section, what Ephesians 1:12 means, without bringing in specifically oneness ideas . . . I think. I mean what our Apostle Paul means spiritually, not what ones have ideas about for outward manifestations.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"Oneness" doesn't meet the standards for Christians here, but Atheists and Hindus, etc. seem to find places on CF in which to air their beliefs, ask questions, and discuss. Therefore, I don't think that you will have the difficulty you foresee.

Upvote 0

Spirit of Pentecost

Acts 2:38 Salvation
May 6, 2016
Georgia
✟39,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
"Oneness" doesn't meet the standards for Christians here, but Atheists and Hindus, etc. seem to find places on CF in which to air their beliefs, ask questions, and discuss. Therefore, I don't think that you will have the difficulty you foresee.
I know there are people of non-Christian faiths that hold membership here, which I personally don't see as fair. This is Christian Forums... for Christians. Apostolic Pentecostals are Christians, and yet their presence here is often squandered. Perhaps unwittingly, but I am holding out hope that we Apostolics get our home forum here on Christian Forums.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know there are people of non-Christian faiths that hold membership here, which I personally don't see as fair.
Jesus suffered and died for any and all people. So, I can see He wants us to be able to communicate with various people, here.

However - - I have shared with a variety of oneness people; there are ones who openly preach that Trinitarians are not saved. And I have never heard open preaching that Trinitarians are saved. But I know that individual members might know certain Trinitarians who they know are saved.

I am not speaking for you, though; but if a oneness person does not find Trinitarians to be saved, why would that person want to be considered to be a Christian among ones he or she does not consider to be Christians??

I am acquainted with oneness doctrine and practice; I have been a member or ongoing visitor of a number of oneness churches.

Upvote 0

Spirit of Pentecost

May 6, 2016
Georgia
✟39,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus suffered and died for any and all people. So, I can see He wants us to be able to communicate with various people, here.

However - - I have shared with a variety of oneness people; there are ones who openly preach that Trinitarians are not saved. And I have never heard open preaching that Trinitarians are saved. But I know that individual members might know certain Trinitarians who they know are saved.

I am not speaking for you, though; but if a oneness person does not find Trinitarians to be saved, why would that person want to be considered to be a Christian among ones he or she does not consider to be Christians??

I am acquainted with oneness doctrine and practice; I have been a member or ongoing visitor of a number of oneness churches.
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly that the blood Jesus shed was for all mankind, no matter their faith. In saying that, those you deny His existence or what He did for them are none of His. This is not to say that they could not repent and very well find salvation, but as of now they are lost.

Again, I must agree there are a multitude of different Oneness Christians can encounter. True, there are a section that believe all Trinitarians are hell-bound, and that only Oneness believers are saved. At the same time, there are some that have sympathy for the Trinitarian Christian, and also those that more or less have nothing to say on the matter of one's opinions on the nature of the Godhead.

The same thing can be said for Trinitarian Christians, but with everything reversed. Some Trinitarians label Oneness Christians heretics, modalists, cultists, unorthodox, and therefore not Christian by their definition. There are some Trinitarians that agree to disagree with Oneness adherents when it comes to the Godhead, while others (often Trinitarian Pentecostals) generally wish we would quietly exist stage rear.

In short, to toss the blame entirely on Oneness Christians for sending Trinitarian believers to hell is not fair, quite simply because not all of them see it that way. Trinitarians have also been guilty of passing judgment, misquoting, and mistreating Oneness believers.

I see where you are coming from when you see it is ironic (or odd) for a Oneness Christian to want acceptance among a Trinity-believing majority as a "true" Christian (for the lack of a better term) when they themselves do not see Trinitarians as "true" Christians. But I assure you that is not this Christian. While I see the Oneness view as correct and biblical, I have absolutely no right to cast judgment on my Brothers and Sisters in Christ for seeing things differently.

And in making an assumption about your ties with Oneness churches, I am led to believe that you are perhaps Oneness, or evidently have no problem with our teachings or attending our churches. (I could very well be stepping over a line here, but those are my thoughts.)

God bless!

P.S. Is it really this hard for all of us to get along?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly that the blood Jesus shed was for all mankind, no matter their faith. In saying that, those you deny His existence or what He did for them are none of His. This is not to say that they could not repent and very well find salvation, but as of now they are lost.
Yes, Jesus died with hope for any evil person, at all.

In short, to toss the blame entirely on Oneness Christians for sending Trinitarian believers to hell is not fair, quite simply because not all of them see it that way. Trinitarians have also been guilty of passing judgment, misquoting, and mistreating Oneness believers.
yes

Some Trinitarians label Oneness Christians heretics, modalists, cultists, unorthodox, and therefore not Christian by their definition.
I let each person speak for oneself. They might tell me some label they have for themselves, or someone else might label them, but I try to see how someone is really becoming because of what that person believes.

And I am allowed to share here, so I can offer what can help us become more like Jesus and submit personally to God in His peace > Colossians 3:15 > while we seek our Father's real correction which is presented in Hebrews 12:4-11, while also we discover how to relate as Jesus family while reaching caringly to any and all people. This keeps me busy enough :)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You might look at it this way...

There are dozens of other Christian churches and faith groups--most of whom DO agree with the Nicene Creed--but they are not represented by their very own forums for the reason that there aren't enough members to suggest that there would be much traffic on those forums if they indeed were given one. And that's to speak of the situation with churches that do meet the requirements of CF by agreeing to the Nicene Creed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spirit of Pentecost

May 6, 2016
Georgia
✟39,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
You might look at it this way...

There are dozens of other Christian churches and faith groups--most of whom DO agree with the Nicene Creed--but they are not represented by their very own forums for the reason that there aren't enough members to suggest that there would be much traffic on those forums if they indeed were given one.
So very slim, if not non-existent. That's what I figured.

• Prayers
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0