• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

A Hallmark channel CEO signals openess to gay Christmas films

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Dec 3, 2019 at 5:28 PM.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+25,055
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. pdudgeon

pdudgeon Traditional Catholic

+9,685
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Thank you, Michie!
    I signed the petition. :oldthumbsup:

3. Darkhorse

Darkhorse just horsing around

+2,914
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Great. These will drive me crazy twice as fast as the originals!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. AlexDTX

AlexDTX Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,658
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Apparently, Hallmark does not think Christ has anything to do with Christmas.

Years ago, I worked at the YMCA teaching gymnastics. I told a family that Jesus is the world's Savior, and got fired. I found out then that a name on a business means nothing. Young Men's Christian Association no longer has anything to do with Christianity. It is just another giant corporation.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  5. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,644
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    At one time this subject was a big taboo on television, especially a channel like Hallmark. However, it would seem that the legalization of gay marriage has made it acceptable enough among society in general that Hallmark does not fear much negative reaction.

6. charsan

charsan Charismatic Episcopal Church

+1,019
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
  7. charsan

charsan Charismatic Episcopal Church

+1,019
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Then hallmark is being dumb because the backlash will be tremendous. Unlike those in the minority who love the gay stuff and are quite vocal about it, the majority who hold to traditional values while quit will not stand for this encroachment of the evil side

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Supporter

+2,474
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    People are so hostile toward Christianity these days. I was just at a restaurant and they were playing secular music, then they played ONE Christmas song and some guy stormed out. I just don't get the hostility.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Fenwick

Fenwick Faithful then, faithful now!

+7,061
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    BREAKING: Two of the three people who watch Hallmark movies barfed and decided to cancel their cable. (The third was a lazy wiener dog named Mark, he couldn't tell the difference between the TV and the passing garbage truck)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Darkhorse

Darkhorse just horsing around

+2,914
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Republican
    "...the cross of Christ is an offense to those who are perishing..."

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Supporter

+2,474
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    True and sad.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

+1,586
    United States
    Catholic
    Engaged
    US-Republican
    This is terrible. I signed the petition the other day when I first became aware of it. I am so sick and tired of the homosexual agenda being shoved down everyone's throats.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. AlexDTX

AlexDTX Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,658
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    The hostility is Holy Spirit conviction. As the saying goes, "the dog that was hit barks the loudest." Everyone knows right and wrong since it is written in our hearts and conscience. Those who choose to ignore this so they can willfully sin, are the most upset with the slightest reminder of what is good and right.

14. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+1,796
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    And the reason why it's being shoved so hard is because it was never about "tolerance" or "equality" to begin with----it was about vindictiveness and revenge. They feel that they were persecuted for years, so now they have the chance to get back at their supposed tormentors, and they plan to take full advantage of the prevailing cultural climate to do just that.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

+1,586
    United States
    Catholic
    Engaged
    US-Republican
    I completely agree. It's really quite sad that they are doing this. The only thing is, I fear that they could end up persecuting faithful, orthodox Christians even worse in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+25,055
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others