keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,345.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It seems he is a 'Word of Faith' preacher. I long ago had my fill of such.

To be fair he may in fact be on the border between that and sound theology. But people should be aware going in. If you listen to his stuff and it starts to seem like 'cheap grace' it probably is.

Upvote 0

BenGenGal

Oct 23, 2008
✟15,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been a Christian for several years now. I knew that Christ died for our sins. I knew that people who asked Christ to be their Lord and Savior would one day go to Heaven. I knew that Jesus loved me.

But once I read the book Destined to Reign, I then understood so much more about Christianity. God wants to have fellowship with us. God loves us, but hates the sin within us. God is just in punishing sin. But He didn't want to have to keep punishing us for that sin. He didn't want sin to come between us and Him any longer.

We commit sins because we are humans that are born out of sin. We are sinners because Adam sinned. Our sins do not make us sinners. We sin because we are sinners. Jesus Christ sets us free from sin and gives us the power to not sin anymore.

We could not keep God's laws, but Jesus Christ did. He took our place. He took on all of our lifetime of sins so that they would all be buried with Him. The sins were buried but the Living Sacrifice remains. Jesus now sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest. We have now been made righteous with God through Christ. When God looks on us Christians He does not see our sins. Instead He sees Christ in us. And therefore we have favor with God.

Jesus did not deserve punishment for sin. We do not deserve righteousness. At the cross, Jesus took on undeserved punishment so that we can today enjoy undeserved righteousness!

And even if we fail today or tomorrow or a year from now, we are still righteous. God does not punish us for the sins that we commit because those sins were already punished at the cross, and God is just in not punishing the same sin twice.

Once we have asked Jesus to be our Lord and Savior, we never have to fear God's wrath again. Jesus is our righteousness, and we are forever righteous when we have Christ within us. Right standing with God is not something that we have apart from Jesus. He is our righteousness, and we can always expect love, favor and blessings when we have Jesus.

God's love for us is steady and strong. It does not waver like our love for Him. His favor on us is not dependant on our feelings for Him. Nothing that we could do could change the way God feels about us, except to reject Jesus Christ His Son. We are not perfect, but Jesus is. If Jesus is in us, then we never have to worry about not being good enough for God. Jesus has made us perfect in God's sight.

Our actions did not cause us to become sinners, for we were born as sinners. Our actions cannot cost us our salvation, because our salvation is not based on our works but on Jesus' sacrifice at the cross. There is a difference between self works and between works born out of the Spirit. The things that we do when we are led by the Spirit are far greater than the things that we do on our own.

Once we enter into the New Covenant with Jesus, we are no longer under law, but under grace. Instead of following a written law, we are led and guided by the Holy Spirit within us. Instead of behavior modification, we undergo a supernatural transformation that changes us from the inside out. This kind of change produces long-lasting effects and makes us into the people that God wants us to be. It is something that we cannot do on our own through our own efforts.

It is not about us. It is about Jesus. That is what I have learned from the book Destined to Reign and from its accompanying television show known by the same title.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2017
Los Angeles
✟840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0