Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
lovegodwithyourwholeheart.jpg

A good question about how to love God

A woman came to me one day and asked me "How do I love God with my whole heart, mind, and soul? How is it even possible

So I pretended the Lord was speaking through me, for I have few answers to anything. This is what followed:

"When a soul begins to seek me, even at the very beginning when filled with conflicts and inner contradictions,even then, they begin to love me as much as they are able. So even a drop of love for me is complete. Then as they continue their journey of love and trust, and not giving up, for there will be many falls, their capacity will grow, and so it goes for eternity".?

As I told her this, she began to cry and thanked me. "I need to look to the Lord, and not to myself". --Br.MD

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are so caught in this world and its use of words that we often forget what love means in a biblical context.

God never asks us to have a certain feeling. He doesn't command us to feel a certain way because He knows exactly that you can't force feelings.

When God commands us to love Him then He commands us to put Him above everyone and everything else in our life. To love God with all our heart, soul and mind means to give God the absolute priority in our life.
Whatever decision you make - God's will first! Whatever you are willing to do for your loved ones - are willing to do even more for God! Only afterwards, when you put God first, you will get to know Him so well that you will start loving Him as a feeling.

When God commands us to repent then He doesn't command us to regret - you can't force the feeling. To repent means the willful decision to turn away from our old, sinful lifestyle. The word for repentance in my language literally means "turning around", and that is what God commands us to do.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A woman came to me one day and asked me "How do I love God with my whole heart, mind, and soul? How is it even possible?

Why not check the context for clues?

Luke 10:27
And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Mark 12:31
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

James 2:8
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

Romans 15:2
Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

Matthew 7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Galatians 5:14
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Proverbs 3:29
Do not plan evil against your neighbor, who dwells trustingly beside you.

Romans 13:10
Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Matthew 19:19
Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Luke 6:31
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

Romans 13:9
For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Upvote 0

Mark Dohle

Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta
Visit site
✟44,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
She knew the scriptures, sometimes people need what is said in your post in language that seems fresh. She knew, she just needed to be reminded. Thanks for the comment. We really do love God to with our whole heart, no matter where we are in our spritural lives, we grow, expand, and grace brings us ever deeper.

Peace
mark

Upvote 0

Mark Dohle

Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta
Visit site
✟44,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We are so caught in this world and its use of words that we often forget what love means in a biblical context.

God never asks us to have a certain feeling. He doesn't command us to feel a certain way because He knows exactly that you can't force feelings.

When God commands us to love Him then He commands us to put Him above everyone and everything else in our life. To love God with all our heart, soul and mind means to give God the absolute priority in our life.
Whatever decision you make - God's will first! Whatever you are willing to do for your loved ones - are willing to do even more for God! Only afterwards, when you put God first, you will get to know Him so well that you will start loving Him as a feeling.

When God commands us to repent then He doesn't command us to regret - you can't force the feeling. To repent means the willful decision to turn away from our old, sinful lifestyle. The word for repentance in my language literally means "turning around", and that is what God commands us to do.
I agree, people do put too much faith in their emotions and feelings, which change constantly.

peace
mark

Upvote 0