Visit site
✟10,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I ran across this recently. I heard Bill and Gloria Gaither recite it as part of a song. I got me to thinking.

God Has Always Had A People!

Many a foolish conquer made the mistake of thinking that because he had forced the Church of Jesus Christ out of sight, that he had stilled its voice and snuffed out its life.

But God Has Always Had A People!

The powerful current of a rushing river is not diminished because it is forced to flow underground. The purest water is the stream that bursts crystal clear into the sunlight after it has fought its way through solid rock.

There have been charlatans who like Simon the magician, sought to barter on the open market that power which cannot be bought or sold.

But God Has Always Had A People!

Men who could not be bought and women who were beyond purchase.

Yes, God Has Always Had A People!

There have been times of affluence and prosperity when the Church's message was nearly diluted into oblivion by those who sought to make it socially attractive, neatly organized and financially profitable. It has been gold plated ,draped in purple and encrusted with jewels. It has been misrepresented, ridiculed, blotted and scorned.

These followers of Jesus Christ have been according to the whim of the times elevated as sacred leaders and martyred as heretics. Yet through it all, there marches on that powerful army of the meek, God's chosen people that can't be bought, flattered, murdered or stilled. On through the ages they march.

The Church, God's Church Triumphant, is Alive and Well!

Now listen child of God. It's alive!

Discouraged pastor it's His Church and it's alive!

Lonely Missionary sow your seeds with confidence!

It's alive my broken hearted friend!

Old saint you’re not alone and forgotten, the Church is alive!

Busy mother cast your cares on Jesus!

It's alive young student. You're not alone in serving the Lord!

Faithful father there's rest in the Lord! The Church is alive!

Cynical skeptic you haven't killed God with your noisy unbelief.
He's Alive!

So family of God raise you hands and praise the Lord.

For the Church, God's Church Triumphant is Alive and Well!

It seems to me that we are asking the wrong questions. That's why we fight so much among ourselves. We keep asking "what church do you go to?" when we should be asking "whose church do you go to?"

I don't care if you're Mormon, Catholic, Baptist or even Calvinist.... The only thing I need to know is...

To whom do you belong to?

Status
Not open for further replies.