Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
1.) Today we had a fetal scan done on our son, and everything looks normal. It looks like his due date is around Oct 27.

2.) The doctor told us that since the form of Spina Bifida that my wife had was with a closed spinal column, she is not at risk of passing it on to our children.

3.) I got a real nice raise today, and it looks like we will be able to by a home in a decent neighborhood.

All in all, a really nice day. :)

cassc

Veteran- I am an Orthodox Christian
Jan 24, 2007
New England
✟16,923.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
1.) Today we had a fetal scan done on our son, and everything looks normal. It looks like his due date is around Oct 27.

2.) The doctor told us that since the form of Spina Bifida that my wife had was with a closed spinal column, she is not at risk of passing it on to our children.

3.) I got a real nice raise today, and it looks like we will be able to by a home in a decent neighborhood.

All in all, a really nice day. :)

That is not just nice that's AWESOME!!! :crosseo:

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Congrats all around!

I had that kind of Spina Bifida... didn't know it until about 7 years ago... same time I found out I had scoliosis (so much for the scoliosis checks we had in school) and one leg about an inch shorter than the other... Still kicking though LOL!

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,470.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My mother adopted a boy from Mexico with SB (after having raised all of her natural children). He probably has an open spinal column. It's one of those worst case scenarios - he would've lain in the orphanage as a physical and mental vegetable - but now he's 16 and can read letters and words, and do lots of other things those kids aren't supposed to be able to do - my mother has labored mightily the past 14 years..

Just saying all that because I know how serious it can be. Very glad for you, Lotar! (You don't live in CA by any chance...?)

Upvote 0

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That is awesome, Lotar.

Folic Acid deficiency is also related to SB.

Veggies and brown rice help.
Yep, we know and she's been taking suppliments since a month before we got married.

She got it because my father-in-law was a helocopter door gunner in the Marines back in 'Nam. Agent Orange and all that good stuff.

At least the diagnosed it before she went parralized.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My mother adopted a boy from Mexico with SB (after having raised all of her natural children). He probably has an open spinal column. It's one of those worst case scenarios - he would've lain in the orphanage as a physical and mental vegetable - but now he's 16 and can read letters and words, and do lots of other things those kids aren't supposed to be able to do - my mother has labored mightily the past 14 years..

Just saying all that because I know how serious it can be. Very glad for you, Lotar! (You don't live in CA by any chance...?)
Thanks.

Yes, we live in California.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That's fantastic!!!! Is that your peanut in your avatar? Have you started talking about names yet? Good news about the raise!
Yes, that was him at 16 weeks (he's 25 now). :)

We have decided to go with Brenden Basil.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.