✟447,219.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
From the Godfellas episode of Futurama:

"...Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch like a safecracker or a pickpocket... When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

The last sentence is also repeated when the end credits start...

God in the "Bruce Almighty" movie was a bit like that.

I believe I'm probably in a simulation and that there is an intelligent force. Though the supernatural is possible in Sims games,

"...I think all evidence of God can also explained by coincidence, delusion, or hallucinations..."

So atheists might say that the sightings of Jesus after his death were hallucinations... perhaps people saw a truly risen Jesus but my point is that the hallucination theory is plausible, at least to many atheists.

For me, my evidence for the existence of an intelligent force can be explained away by coincidence.
Hearing songs with seemingly supernatural significance

Here is a web page that compares all-or-nothing fundamentalism to all-or-nothing atheism to liberal theism - then adds the Bible to my theory.

The Bible Test - Life's Player

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Here is a web page that compares all-or-nothing fundamentalism to all-or-nothing atheism to liberal theism - then adds the Bible to my theory.
What is all or nothing Atheism? The standard definition of Atheism is simple the withholding of belief in a god. There are a small number of strong atheists--they claim they know god doesn't exist. Most atheists take the approach that they remain unconvinced a god doesn't exist--those would be agnostic-atheists. I have not encountered a strong atheist on this forum yet--sightings in the wild are rare. Are you referring to strong atheism?

atheists.jpg

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
There is a God...and here's a bit of proof. How did this come about without intelligent design?

This is a Harvard video produced by XVIVO. Do you think the Harvard scientists behind the presented information have concluded a god designed the cell? If not, how do they explain it?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There is a God...and here's a bit of proof. How did this come about without intelligent design?

Nope, that is an argument from ignorance. You do not get to say "I don't know therefore God" any more than I get to say "I don't know therefore it was natural".

All that one can do is show what he can demonstrate to be correct and what one can demonstrate to be wrong.

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is a Harvard video produced by XVIVO. Do you think the Harvard scientists behind the presented information have concluded a god designed the cell? If not, how do they explain it?
I don't really care what the Harvard guys think...What I want to know from skeptical you is....how did it evolve?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't really care what the Harvard guys think...What I want to know from skeptical you is....how did it evolve?
It is best to ask the experts. By your standards God did not do it since you cannot explain how he did it. You are not being consistent in your reasoning. The Harvard guys might know how it evolved. If they don't an "I don't know" does not refute naturalism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope, that is an argument from ignorance. You do not get to say "I don't know therefore God" any more than I get to say "I don't know therefore it was natural".

All that one can do is show what he can demonstrate to be correct and what one can demonstrate to be wrong.

Your problem is...this builds life....and evolutionism can't even begin to explain it. You should be blown away by Gods handy work...but, your arrogance fights it.

Upvote 0