A Girl's Love Is All I Need, and I Never Get It...

single 4 the lord

Say NO to Christian gnosticism
Feb 1, 2013
✟266.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm going through the same thing as I want a wife. Don't let people try and discourage you from what God has promised and wants you to have! The devil hates marriage and hates it when God's people are happy and blessed. The devil wants to keep single christians in bondage so they are a poor testimony to the world and a bad reflection of Christ's love for the church. God wants godly seed raised up, satan hates that! Don't let him have the satisfaction of stealing your blessing that God desires you to have! Get into the word and find some scriptures to stand on and believe, and start trusting that the lord will bring them to pass! Stop listening to the nay sayers and start expecting God to deliver the blessings he wants for you to have!

Upvote 0

Spunkn

Jan 19, 2013
Nebraska
✟19,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm going through the same thing as I want a wife. Don't let people try and discourage you from what God has promised and wants you to have! The devil hates marriage and hates it when God's people are happy and blessed. The devil wants to keep single christians in bondage so they are a poor testimony to the world and a bad reflection of Christ's love for the church. God wants godly seed raised up, satan hates that! Don't let him have the satisfaction of stealing your blessing that God desires you to have! Get into the word and find some scriptures to stand on and believe, and start trusting that the lord will bring them to pass! Stop listening to the nay sayers and start expecting God to deliver the blessings he wants for you to have!

No one is telling him to give up on getting married. What people are telling him is that it should not be his only focus / goal in life and that God will allow him to meet the right person when the time is right.

Upvote 0

single 4 the lord

Feb 1, 2013
✟266.00
Faith
Non-Denom
No one is telling him to give up on getting married. What people are telling him is that it should not be his only focus / goal in life and that God will allow him to meet the right person when the time is right.

The second part is not true though. If I just sit back and do nothing, I won't meet anyone. I'm 31 and sitting back and meeting no one hasn't made God decide to drop miss right into my lap from heaven. Finding a wife must be done the same way one looks for a job, proactively. If he's already taking action, then he needs to keep his faith that it will come to pass and go about his life. If like me, he has gotten stuck and isn't meeting suitable christians to get to know, then he needs to change that. As for his goals, that is up to him and between him and the lord.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2013
✟15,165.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
who in their right mind would want to find a wife that badly. You're not in your right mind, the way you are right now you'll sign your life away and regret it forever.

be content like me, if you don't know what you're missing you're better off (unfortunately I do now which makes me more prone to sin)

Lol do I really seem like the guy who would get married and sign my life away to the wrong girl? I'm the one "whose standards are too high in who i date" so I'm pretty sure my standards on marriage are more strict than that, I'm not the guy that is gonna get married to any girl.

Upvote 0

Spunkn

Jan 19, 2013
Nebraska
✟19,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The second part is not true though. If I just sit back and do nothing, I won't meet anyone. I'm 31 and sitting back and meeting no one hasn't made God decide to drop miss right into my lap from heaven. Finding a wife must be done the same way one looks for a job, proactively. If he's already taking action, then he needs to keep his faith that it will come to pass and go about his life. If like me, he has gotten stuck and isn't meeting suitable christians to get to know, then he needs to change that. As for his goals, that is up to him and between him and the lord.

I never said sit back and be isolated either. There's a middle ground. You can be active but not be entirely focused on finding a girlfriend / wife right now. The whole point is what is your focus? If your sole focus / desire is to find a wife / girlfriend then I would say your heart is not in the right place.

However, if you sit in your room all day, never go out, never fellowship with Christians, etc etc you're not doing yourself many favors either.

Upvote 0

single 4 the lord

Feb 1, 2013
✟266.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I never said sit back and be isolated either. There's a middle ground. You can be active but not be entirely focused on finding a girlfriend / wife right now. The whole point is what is your focus? If your sole focus / desire is to find a wife / girlfriend then I would say your heart is not in the right place.

However, if you sit in your room all day, never go out, never fellowship with Christians, etc etc you're not doing yourself many favors either.

Why do you care what he does? Let his focus be whatever he wants.

I'd be very careful about listening to advice, TC, from people who do not have what you want. You ask someone for directions to get somewhere they know how to get to, not from someone who has never been there before. If you ask the wrong person, you'll end up getting lost and will never get to your destination.

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'd be very careful about listening to advice, TC, from people who do not have what you want. You ask someone for directions to get somewhere they know how to get to, not from someone who has never been there before. If you ask the wrong person, you'll end up getting lost and will never get to your destination.

Truth!

Never take advice from people you don't want to be like.

(Yes, that includes me. ;))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

single 4 the lord

Feb 1, 2013
✟266.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Truth!

Never take advice from people you don't want to be like.

(Yes, that includes me. ;))

Amen! I tried "waiting on the lord" for a wife and I'm now 31 and still no sign of meeting any one at all. Waiting on the lord and doing nothing doesn't work!!!

Upvote 0

Spunkn

Jan 19, 2013
Nebraska
✟19,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

He asked a question on a public forum. I responded. I'm not forcing him to listen to my advice nor is anyone else.

Upvote 0

single 4 the lord

Feb 1, 2013
✟266.00
Faith
Non-Denom
^You might want to lose the attitude and stop get offended.

There is one place he is missing it at and it's the "need" part. I've been there too, but when you "need" you are desperate and are coming at it from a place of lack or not enough, so you need it. But when you need something you are lacking contentment and are actually stopping that very thing from coming to you. I do this sometimes myself and whenever I get like this, I stay stuck from a long time. This is why Paul said he learned contentment in any situation, because contentment and gratitude help bring you the very thing you are wanting, but cannot receive. It's all about your attitude and staying in faith with the lord.

Upvote 0

thatchadguy

Jan 16, 2013
✟7,690.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
humblechristian08... it must be tough to not have had companionship with a woman, I know being single can be very difficult... however, (and I say this purely out of good intention) sometimes too much self-righteousness has a very pernicious effect on our relationship with others, our relationship with God, and especially on our relationship with ourselves. Just because we think sin hurts only ourselves doesn't mean it doesn't hurt God's inner moral and spiritual framing of what makes up every one of us. In fact, God's inner framing of ourselves is how we connect with others and God!

Matthew 22:36-40
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Peace and prayers,
Chad

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm going through the same thing as I want a wife. Don't let people try and discourage you from what God has promised and wants you to have! ......

God desires some people to be married, and some not to be married . Either way, our Will needs to be what Gods will is for our life -- the Apostle Paul in 1 Cor. 7 spoke of Christian Singleness as a high calling while other scripture say its a wonderful thing when a man finds a Godly wife ; whichever we get should be totally left up to God . God may not bless you with marriage but he will still bless your life and if thats the case, perhaps its because God knows it wouldnt be the best for you and would end up either divorced or very unhappy for life . So the answer is : Open your hands to God and allow him to put whatever he wants into them regardless of what you *think you need to be fulfilled. If its marriage then GREAT...if its Christian Singleness with good christian Friends in your life , then GREAT --- the key to deep fulfillment and contentment is accepting peace thru GODS WILL . When you get to the point that you TRULY want Gods Will for your life...then you will have arrived at a very good place indeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums