A girl hung herself off lifeguard chair in historic abandoned outdoor pool in my old neighborhood.

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟143,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Last night. She was loved by many in our town. She was also a mother. The last thing she ever posted on FB was that she loved someone, just before she hung herself.

Please pray for Ashleigh and her family.

5846832124_ff29339dda_b.jpg

FB_IMG_1487536520424.jpg

I have sat in this very same pool while highly intoxicated and contemplating my own suicide. The pool has become a place for addicts and vandals to hang out at during the late hours of the night. It's located in a gorgeous park on the Vermilion River. Right across the river is also a historic cemetery. You can see the grave stones on the right side of the picture, across the river and behind the bushes.

I'm very sad that she did this.

When I was a kid, the pool was fully operational and gorgeous. Everyone went there and had a great time. It now sits rotting and decaying, and has become the epitome of death.

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This is sad, and I will keep her family in my prayers.
This is a good time for us to reflect on our position with God. To examine ourselves and make sure that we are placing all our trust in Him. He tells us to come to him who are heavy ladened and burdened. He is the comforter of our soul. He is the answer in those times of trouble. And we all face them.
We need to remember that it is for His name sake, that He saves us. It's for His Glory. That there is nothing we do or merit to motivate Him to save us. Except that we repent or our sins, place our Trust in Him and know that He will answer prayers. Yes, sometimes that answer is No. But it's always for our own good.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟143,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
staff edit
That's good to hear.

Many in my town, including myself, my family and friends, Ashleigh's family and friends, and some police officers, including my brother in law, are not feeling good today after having heard of this tragedy or, in the case of my brother in law, being on site for the call. Prayers or just grammar corrections and sarcasm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟516,876.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is sad, and I will keep her family in my prayers.
This is a good time for us to reflect on our position with God. To examine ourselves and make sure that we are placing all our trust in Him. He tells us to come to him who are heavy ladened and burdened. He is the comforter of our soul. He is the answer in those times of trouble. And we all face them.
We need to remember that it is for His name sake, that He saves us. It's for His Glory. That there is nothing we do or merit to motivate Him to save us. Except that we repent or our sins, place our Trust in Him and know that He will answer prayers. Yes, sometimes that answer is No. But it's always for our own good.
We need also to see to it our neighbors and acquaintances and loved ones know Christ and that often goes very far in prevention of such acts.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟143,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
This town is losing its mind. According to my brother in law and sister, another body was found in the same park tonight, this time in a car. It's not like we're talking about a city here. We're a little town of 12,500 people off historic Route 66. This is sad stuff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums