US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know how to feel. It feels like it has to be God. The kid was on drugs before and didn't even believe in God and now he's done a 180? In the last two days he sounds like he's tryin to preach and I don't see any drugs and he's speaking all these things about his life. I don't know. I'm overwhelmed.

He tried to prophesy to me, but i feel upset about it. He told me I am going to have kids and be fruitful. Immediately, I felt anger in my Spirit and told him to stop talking. All kinds of things are running through my mind and spirit... half of me feels angry at myself for being angry and the other half feels like I want to destroy myself so nothing happens for me. Why are these wicked thoughts raging in me? If the kid is speaking God's word in my life why would my mind tell me to destroy myself so nothing comes to pass?

Maybe it really is God speaking through this kid if the enemy and my flesh is fighting it and angry.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟172,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how to feel. It feels like it has to be God. The kid was on drugs before and didn't even believe in God and now he's done a 180? In the last two days he sounds like he's tryin to preach and I don't see any drugs and he's speaking all these things about his life. I don't know. I'm overwhelmed.

He tried to prophesy to me, but i feel upset about it. He told me I am going to have kids and be fruitful. Immediately, I felt anger in my Spirit and told him to stop talking. All kinds of things are running through my mind and spirit... half of me feels angry at myself for being angry and the other half feels like I want to destroy myself so nothing happens for me. Why are these wicked thoughts raging in me? If the kid is speaking God's word in my life why would my mind tell me to destroy myself so nothing comes to pass?

Maybe it really is God speaking through this kid if the enemy and my flesh is fighting it and angry.
Or, maybe you inherently know it wasn't from God at all and were given a moment of discernment. Things not of God passing themselves off as being of/from God should make you angry. Do not let yourself be deceived.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟298,824.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
He told me I am going to have kids and be fruitful.

That's probably not a prophesy......

That's what most people wanna hear!o_O I'd be suspicious of that kid too. Someone making an apparent 180 does not guarantee Godly influence.

• Agree
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2004
N
✟17,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You're ditzy

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution

Don't judge before its time. You can see if his fruits are good or bad.

If he speaks of trying to do well and be pleasing to God, or speaks of his calling on his life he's probably going to be trying to develop good fruit, and you should help him there.

If he turns toward sin, you should help him there, don't needa be judging people.

Also it's a turning in the Spirit, not a rage.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

God can use that kid to give you a message without that kid being particularly spiritual. The message is between you and God. Pay heed to God.

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟794,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5:20-21

Once a prophesy is given, some additional steps are needed to prove all things such as:
-checking it against Scripture (Acts 17:11),
-asking The Holy Spirit and hearing His voice for ourselves, confirmation (Matt 18:16; Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12; II Cor 13:1)
-fasting,
-spiritual discernment,
-does it point to Yeshua,
-receiving G_dly counsel (Prov 11:14).

Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟326,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ohhhhhh this happens. Sometimes people come to the Lord and think they're a prophet. Don't worry, he'll calm down.

That happened to me at a store once. This nice man even put his hand on my tummy and said my womb will bring forth children or something like that.

I'm a cancer survivor, and I don't have those parts any more. I just said, "You have a long way to go. God bless you." And I walked away.

Eventually he'll wise up.

All good things
Emmy

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟794,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Couple more thoughts -
seems the assumption has been made that the prophecy is about natural children while it could be referring to spiritual children. That's why prophetic words are to be tested so we can find out exactly what Yahweh means.

Against the prophetic? "For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted." I Cor 14:31

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's probably not a prophesy......

That's what most people wanna hear!o_O I'd be suspicious of that kid too. Someone making an apparent 180 does not guarantee Godly influence.
That wasn't the entire prophesy. It was mostly about his life and calling.... it's very long so I won't get into it. And that's not what everyone wants to hear. Clearly I was upset by it.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah
Ohhhhhh this happens. Sometimes people come to the Lord and think they're a prophet. Don't worry, he'll calm down.

That happened to me at a store once. This nice man even put his hand on my tummy and said my womb will bring forth children or something like that.

I'm a cancer survivor, and I don't have those parts any more. I just said, "You have a long way to go. God bless you." And I walked away.

Eventually he'll wise up.

All good things
Emmy
Maybe it's that or maybe it's real I don't know. I could get in trouble with God if God was using the kid to speak though. I need more discernment. I pray for it already, but I need more.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't judge before its time. You can see if his fruits are good or bad.

If he speaks of trying to do well and be pleasing to God, or speaks of his calling on his life he's probably going to be trying to develop good fruit, and you should help him there.

If he turns toward sin, you should help him there, don't needa be judging people.

Also it's a turning in the Spirit, not a rage.

Yeah partly. It was about a calling on his life. I was happy for him and at the same time feeling like I was hit with disappointment about my own life. He told me about his great calling and that he saw his kids and his wife etc. etc. apparently we aren't to be together and his wife is this one girl because of her calling from God etc. And then he tells me that im going to get a blessing and that I will be fruitful. I kinda left the conversation feeling like I was kicked to the curb by God or offered left overs. It's how I felt when I saw when I was little and saw others receive the Spirit of God first. I got it too, but when I saw them get it I felt like God was ignoring me just like others in the world.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah partly. It was about a calling on his life. I was happy for him and at the same time feeling like I was hit with disappointment about my own life. He told me about his great calling and that he saw his kids and his wife etc. etc. apparently we aren't to be together and his wife is this one girl because of her calling from God etc. And then he tells me that im going to get a blessing and that I will be fruitful. I kinda left the conversation feeling like I was kicked to the curb by God or offered left overs. It's how I felt when I saw when I was little and saw others receive the Spirit of God first. I got it too, but when I saw them get it I felt like God was ignoring me just like others in the world.

Every Christian should know their calling. Seek God diligently, and inquire of your calling. Seek after him strongly, and He will make the first move, and might show you everything, even as He did with me according to his will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

If someone is "prophesying over you" and most of it concerns the great calling on THEIR life ... that's a very strong indication, imo, that it's not coming from the Spirit of God.

True "prophesying" would come from a spirit of deep humility, from a purified vessel, and would not leave you feeling like doggie-bag leftovers. :( And probably wouldn't draw attention to the one prophesying by even calling it that.

I am sorry you were hurt in this way. I know such things are common in some circles. The Holy Spirit is more gentle and kind to those who truly seek Him. And does not puff up human beings. We tend to struggle enough with pride without feeding it.

God be with you.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5:20-21

Once a prophesy is given, some additional steps are needed to prove all things such as:
-checking it against Scripture (Acts 17:11),
-asking The Holy Spirit and hearing His voice for ourselves, confirmation (Matt 18:16; Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12; II Cor 13:1)
-fasting,
-spiritual discernment,
-does it point to Yeshua,
-receiving G_dly counsel (Prov 11:14).

Everything Tturt says here is true. I would add, it's very un-likely a prophecy from someone un-knowledgable about the Lord through His Word, and un-experienced had a true word.
He may be trying though, and just parroting what he sees others do in your church.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single

Throughout the old testament false prophets were stoned to death. The only sure way to tell if this is of God is to follow Isaiah 8:20 "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." God's word is the only scale to measure truth about God, and all things Christian. There is no gray areas with God. You must test the spirit by this test in Isaiah 8:20. God has used a crooked cain to walk a straight path throughout the bible but not when it comes to prophesying. Anyone who prophesies must agree 100% with all God's word or they are false prophets, and must be shunned like the plague, because satan has power to use people to deceive God's elect if possible.

Upvote 0

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Spiritual children? What is that?

Within Eastern Orthodoxy the phrase commonly refers to those mentored by a given starets or spiritual father/elder. So for example, Elder Ephrem is the spiritual son of Elder Joseph the Hesychast.

Compare the Roman concept of patronage.

Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟326,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Within Eastern Orthodoxy the phrase commonly refers to those mentored by a given starets or spiritual father/elder. So for example, Elder Ephrem is the spiritual son of Elder Joseph the Hesychast.

Compare the Roman concept of patronage.

Oh, ok. Does helping raise my niece sort of count?

Upvote 0