Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Flat earth? Seriously? is this still even being pondered?

Goes to show, some people will believe anything presented to them, but do carry on, it's amusing, and great for my ego...makes me, by comparison, feel like I have a lot more sense than I likely do.

That or it's a huge joke everyone but me is in on. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

The day I found 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV!
Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Goes to show, some people will believe anything presented to them, but do carry on, it's amusing, and great for my ego...makes me, by comparison, feel like I have a lot more sense than I likely do.

Yes, of course. The earth didn't need to be a globe floating in space until the fourth day, when the stars were made.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Nope.

But really, when you think about it, can you prove it's a globe, without NASA?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Nope, what?

But really, when you think about it, can you prove it's a globe, without NASA?

Why would I bother when I have NASA? Are you saying NASA is a conspiracy, and they manged to get everyone in on the lie?

Yes, of course. The earth didn't need to be a globe floating in space until the fourth day, when the stars were made.

I don't care what it needed to be, only what it is now.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That is a good question. I think it is. A better question is.....
Does the moon give it's own light or does it reflect the sun's light?

An even better question is what kind of cheese it made out of?

• Haha
Reactions: Tetra
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Nope, what?

You said:
That or it's a huge joke everyone but me is in on.
I said:
Nope.
This is a revitalization of an old belief. It is taking the internet by storm.

Why would I bother when I have NASA? Are you saying NASA is a conspiracy, and they manged to get everyone in on the lie?
Some would say that there is no way there was a moon landing.
Some would say that all the proof of a globe earth comes from NASA and NASA cannot be trusted.
Every picture of the earth from space is a CGI. Is that not odd?

Like I said, I wish that they would put this whole issue to rest by taking a live, timed, video of the earth, with their existing hardware, showing the globe earth, spinning, with changing cloud formations and absolutely no CGI.

They have attempted this before but in a 24 hour period, or more, the clouds and such did not change one bit... determining it to be CGI.

Why have they not done this?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You said:
That or it's a huge joke everyone but me is in on.
I said:
Nope.
This is a revitalization of an old belief. It is taking the internet by storm.

Some would say that there is no way there was a moon landing.
Some would say that all the proof of a globe earth comes from NASA and NASA cannot be trusted.
Every picture of the earth from space is a CGI. Is that not odd?

Like I said, I wish that they would put this whole issue to rest by taking a live, timed, video of the earth, with their existing hardware, showing the globe earth, spinning, with changing cloud formations and absolutely no CGI.

They have attempted this before but in a 24 hour period, or more, the clouds and such did not change one bit... determining it to be CGI.

Why have they not done this?

After reading this thread, do you really imagine that there is any proof great enough to convince the certain people who think the earth is flat?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
An even better question is what kind of cheese it made out of?
Old cheese, I'm guessing.

If your read the book of Enoch, it talks of the moon giving it's own light.

Did you know that sunlight warms things up while moon light cools things down? Interesting don't ya think?

Why does the illuminated side of the moon face the west when the sun is going down in the west, yet it still faces the west when the sun is now east of the moon? In fact the illuminated side of the moon does not face the sun. It is close, but check it out... it is not facing directly at the sun.

Also, there have been lunar eclipses while the sun is still visible in the sky.... wrap your head around that one.

Something is smelling like fish. I'm not saying the earth is flat but I am saying something is off.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
After reading this thread, do you really imagine that there is any proof great enough to convince the certain people who think the earth is flat?
Yes, I think if NASA or some other organization who has the ability, would do us all a favor and take some real time vid's of this ball earth. Some that are not CGI and have some credibility.

My daughter sends "selfies" to her friends all the time. NASA goes to the moon and takes one (1) one picture of the earth??? seriously....Even that has been argued to have been taken through the round window of the space craft that was supposed to go to the moon.

How many times did they go to the moon and all we have is one debatable picture of out precious planet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I think if NASA or some other organization who has the ability, would do us all a favor and take some real time vid's of this ball earth. Some that are not CGI and have some credibility.

My daughter sends "selfies" to her friends all the time. NASA goes to the moon and takes one (1) one picture of the earth??? seriously....Even that has been argued to have been taken through the round window of the space craft that was supposed to go to the moon.

How many times did they go to the moon and all we have is one debatable picture of out precious planet.

I can't believe I've posting in this thread.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe Genesis one sets up the many occurrences of the days of the creation, and the remainder of the Bible explains how they were done. Now, in the last days; the heavens and the earth are finished and we are on the fourth day, the day He made the stars also. Genesis 1:16.
Paul, in all his epistles, has shown us how to read this underlying story, with a simple form of logic, precept and association.
I want to make sure I am clear on this. Yes; I believe today is the fourth day of the creation in Genesis one.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I can't believe I've posting in this thread.
Actually, this thread is not about a flat earth. It is about Genesis one, before the stars were made, on the fourth day. At that point, it didn't matter whether the earth was round or flat; because there was no gravitational pull from the stars.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That is a good question. I think it is. A better question is.....
Does the moon give it's own light or does it reflect the sun's light?

actually, it's an excellent question.

The next question would be, if the moon is round, why wouldn't the earth be round?

Regarding reflection of light, it is my understanding that the moon reflects the sun's light.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are reading the wrong message, but its not your fault. Its probably the fault of current hermeneutics, which reads the message addressed to those of long ago and ignores the message for us here today. I guess because, to acknowledge it would be to acknowledge the voice of God!

Good day to you.
I am moving on.
May the Lord's love shine upon you and guide you into all truth.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Regarding reflection of light, it is my understanding that the moon reflects the sun's light.

Mine too, why? because it makes perfect sense. A simple experiment shows, light reflects off objects and with something as bright as the sun, the amount of light the moon emits seems just about right.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Kenneth Redden, although i don't agree with you, i notice it's your birthday and i would like to say that i hope you have a most wunnerful birthday today. :)

e8809a0777e543dacd92b81dbafeac99.jpg

Upvote 0