small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Even today the earth appears flat, with the sky forming a dome enclosing the moon and stars, that reaches down to the horizon all around. This is how the ancients saw it and referred to it.

I agree. And those ancients include those who wrote the Bible.

Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually I'm merely stating the truth. I don't know what shape the earth is. I think there is very good evidence, but it isn't certainty. "Very likely" is just another way of saying "I don't know": but, what is your reasoning to come to a certain knowledge concerning the question? What have you done to discover the truth of the matter with such unwavering certainty? I must discount "I was told" as hearsay, which could be based on misinformation, or, blatant lying (not that you are lying, but, that your sources could be lying to you- how would you know?)
Gravity, constellations, the earths shadow, observing other planets, I dunno... ride a plane...

Also, just because someone tells you something is true doesn't make it "hearsay", you seem to be altering the definition of hearsay. By this definition, in your view, any witness to a crime within a court of law should simply be dismissed.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The real question to me is, why is any of this important? Does it matter what the shape of the earth is? What good does this pursuit accomplish, other than just another way to divide people? I could see if it was somehow necessary to salvation; but, is it? Are these the type of questions that are "foolish" and "unprofitable and vain"? Titus 3:9. What profit is there in this strife?

It's odd that if you Google "visit Antarctica" or "travel Antarctica" you get a lot of hits; apparently people routinely trek across it. Is this all lies? Have you actually looked into this "treaty of forbidding" or is this all hearsay?
It is true.
First signed when Admiral Byrd came back from a major military operation to this continent.
Check it out here:

Antarctic Treaty System - Wikipedia

It's all done for "environmental protection"... if you don't see that as a smoke screen or false flag. Who was concerned about the environment in 1960 to the extent that they would cordon off an entire continent to protect it... then.... go firing nuclear bombs in the high atmosphere... but...you judge for yourself.

No matter what it was that they found... they found something down there and they don't want the entire populous knowing.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gravity, constellations, the earths shadow, observing other planets, I dunno... ride a plane...

I'm sorry? Gravity is evidence of the shape of the earth, how? Observation of the planets? This wouldn't indicate the shape of the earth at all. That's usually an evidence of heliocentricism (which isn't even a certainty since all motion is relative). Riding a plane? How does this indicate the shape of the earth? I've never ridden an airplane, but I doubt the earth looks anything but flat from an airplane. Even round-earthers would probably agree, it's a big earth and I doubt curvature is noticeable from plane.

But I will agree that the shadow of the earth is indeed evidence for a round earth. But evidence for something doesn't equate to anything other than, evidence. It certainly doesn't become a logically deduced certainty. There seems to be much more evidence for a round earth, I will agree; but not to the point of certainty. In the end, I cannot know, and, do not care, since the information is empty knowledge.

At any rate, none of this information is anything but empty; doing nothing but inviting strife and division.

Also, just because someone tells you something is true doesn't make it "hearsay", you seem to be altering the definition of hearsay. By this definition, in your view, any witness to a crime within a court of law should simply be dismissed.

Well, no; a witness has firsthand experience. Someone who is saying what someone else is saying, is speaking hearsay. You don't have firsthand experience of the shape of the earth: no one does (except perhaps astronauts) and say your witness attesting to the "fact" is hearsay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

The one that I cannot understand is how can you have a lunar eclipse and still have the sun in the sky?

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is true.
First signed when Admiral Byrd came back from a major military operation to this continent.
Check it out here:

Antarctic Treaty System - Wikipedia

It's all done for "environmental protection"... if you don't see that as a smoke screen or false flag. Who was concerned about the environment in 1960 to the extent that they would cordon off an entire continent to protect it... then.... go firing nuclear bombs in the high atmosphere... but...you judge for yourself.

No matter what it was that they found... they found something down there and they don't want the entire populous knowing.

Are you sure the treaty doesn't mean that nations are forbidden from operating and developing in Antarctica? But not that scores of private citizens can go there and travel and see the sights? What do you make of all of the travel Antarctica sites? The people who go there and traverse it for adventure?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The earth is an oblate spheroid.
Thank you Neil deGrasse Tyson. Yet, the pictures that NASA shows us are of a sphere. A perfect sphere.

I know, I know...... the "Oblate" part is too small to discern, right?
It's so small we cannot see it. Would that not mean that it ain't worth mentioning.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Nevertheless, the question(s) remains, my friend (of whom i usually agree with)

Why wouldn't Noah's ark have gone over the side of this flat earth?
Due to the same reason we cannot go over the edge today. There is no edge. There is a 1000 foot, straight up and, who knows how deep, ice wall all around the perimeter of a plate shaped flat earth... according to their belief.
This wall holds all the oceans in and whatever is beyond it is only known by the people on "operation High Jump".

What's "under" this flat earth?
IDK, maybe Sheol?

How deep IS this flat earth?

IDK, it wouldn't need to be that deep since we cannot drill very deep into the crust until it gets so hot our drill bits melt or get so hot that they lose their integrity and cannot drill anymore.

Some of the deepest mines are so hot that you cannot stay down there without conditioning yourself and then with proper hydration.

Basically, when it comes to the earth surface, we cannot scratch the surface.:doh:

With the tides of the water, and the power of these tides, why would the ocean itself just go over the edge of this flat earth with each tide?

Same reason ships don't, I guess.

Does this flat earth spin?
I don't believe it does, in their view.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Due to the same reason we cannot go over the edge today. There is no edge. There is a 1000 foot, straight up and, who knows how deep, ice wall all around the perimeter of a plate shaped flat earth... according to their belief.
This wall holds all the oceans in and whatever is beyond it is only known by the people on "operation High Jump".

IDK, maybe Sheol?

IDK, it wouldn't need to be that deep since we cannot drill very deep into the crust until it gets so hot our drill bits melt or get so hot that they lose their integrity and cannot drill anymore.

Some of the deepest mines are so hot that you cannot stay down there without conditioning yourself and then with proper hydration.

Basically, when it comes to the earth surface, we cannot scratch the surface.:doh:

Same reason ships don't, I guess.

I don't believe it does, in their view.

There is no edge. There is a 1000 foot, straight up and, who knows how deep, ice wall all around the perimeter of a plate shaped flat earth

got a picture?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Are you sure the treaty doesn't mean that nations are forbidden from operating and developing in Antarctica? But not that scores of private citizens can go there and travel and see the sights? What do you make of all of the travel Antarctica sites? The people who go there and traverse it for adventure?
I am sure you could go there on guided visits. You cannot, however, jump in your yacht and sail down there. You will be arrested. Unlike anywhere else, where the worst you would have to worry about is the weather and modern day pirates.

A self-proclaimed viking who sailed a yacht from Auckland to Antarctica without permission has been fined but refuses to pay.

Norwegian authorities fined Jarle Andhoy 45,000 Norwegian kroner (NZ$8360) for violating environmental protection protocols in the Antarctic Treaty.

If he doesn't pay he will be given a 50-day suspended jail sentence.

Andhoy entered New Zealand illegally in 2012 and was ordered out. He left from Auckland on a 16-metre steel yacht, Nilaya, and sailed to McMurdo Sound. Among his crew was Mana Party activist Busby Noble.

New Zealand authorities tried to halt the yacht but Andhoy made it to McMurdo where he tried to find traces of his previous yacht, Berserk, which had disappeared in a storm with the loss of three men in 2011.

Nothing was found and Andhoy took Nilaya to Chile where he and Noble and another young crew member were briefly arrested.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Neil deGrasse Tyson.

As a retired scientist, mathematician and educator you flatter me and I humbly thank you.

Yet, the pictures that NASA shows us are of a sphere. A perfect sphere. I know, I know...... the "Oblate" part is too small to discern, right?

Right! It can only be discerned by very careful radar and gravimetric measurements.

It's so small we cannot see it. Would that not mean that it ain't worth mentioning.

It is of concern for scientists involved with weather and communications satellites and in particular for global positioning satellites. So it is worth mentioning if you are concerned with the weather forecast or whats on TV or aircraft or ship navigation.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This comes to mind:

flat-earth-3.jpg
Yep, I agree, first thing that ya think of. But, when you think further, wouldn't this just drain all the oceans anyway?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

As a retired scientist, mathematician and educator you flatter me and I humbly thank you.

Right! It can only be discerned by very careful radar and gravimetric measurements.

It is of concern for scientists involved with weather and communications satellites and in particular for global positioning satellites. So it is worth mentioning if you are concerned with the weather forecast or whats on TV or aircraft or ship navigation.
I understand. They also say that, irregardless of our mountains, valleys and other topographical structures, the earth is smoother than the cue ball in billiards.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Isn't that basically a "sheet of ice"?

Are you saying that is the "border" that keeps anything from going off the edge of a flat earth?

What keeps IT from going off the "edge"?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Isn't that basically a "sheet of ice"?

Are you saying that is the "border" that keeps anything from going off the edge of a flat earth?

What keeps IT from going off the "edge"?
You're just full of questions today... lol

It is a sheet of ice and they don't know how far it goes. And yes it's like a huge edge that keeps all the oceans in. Nobody can fall off. You cannot find the edge to fall off of if you tried. You would freeze to death first.

Admiral Byrd stated that there was an area "beyond the south pole" larger than the country of USA. (which, think about that.... here is one of the leading and experienced explorers of that time, and he is saying that "beyond" the south pole...What in the world can be "beyond" the south pole...???)

Check this out at 2:00 minutes and the 4:40 mark where he states that the region is an untouched reservoir of natural resources. Do you know of ANY of these resources that have ever been mined, drilled, pumped, or brought here??? Nope.

Something smells of fish.

Maybe this would help:

th

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You're just full of questions today... lol

It is a sheet of ice and they don't know how far it goes. And yes it's like a huge edge that keeps all the oceans in. Nobody can fall off. You cannot find the edge to fall off of if you tried. You would freeze to death first.

Admiral Byrd stated that there was an area "beyond the south pole" larger than the country of USA. (which, think about that.... here is one of the leading and experienced explorers of that time, and he is saying that "beyond" the south pole...What in the world can be "beyond" the south pole...???)

Check this out at 2:00 minutes and the 4:40 mark where he states that the region is an untouched reservoir of natural resources. Do you know of ANY of these resources that have ever been mined, drilled, pumped, or brought here??? Nope.

Something smells of fish.

Maybe this would help:

th

I found that it got weird at around 12:15.

That looks like a snow globe, my friend.

:D

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that, according to Paul's demonstration; Noah may have lived on a flat earth and would have had no problem boarding on the ark, all the animals that God requested; without an issue.

On basis of what the Bible tells, there were just one continent at the beginning. But I don’t think Bible claims it was flat. If you are interested, here is more about this:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/r.berg/geology.html

God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters he called Seas. God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:10

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I found that it got weird at around 12:15.

That looks like a snow globe, my friend.

:D
Ya, very interesting interview. It does get weird.

As for the snow globe... yep that's what some believe. And, in all reality, I can't prove it different unless I put a whole lot of trust in what NASA tells me and shows me...

Ask yourself this...

If the earth is a globe and NASA has the ability, they should turn the Hubble telescope around and take a picture for us. Why don't they? Would that not fix the whole issue? Why are all the pictures of the earth computer generated images (CGI), NASA even states that they are CGI.

Who took these pictures? NASA is so good, you cannot believe a picture they show as being real.

In fact, to me, it mattes little if the earth is flat or a globe. There is no way I could tell either way, without someone else telling me that it is and I, then have to take their word for it.

th
Space+Satellites+Wallpapers+14.jpg
th
pioneer_11_by_fryk_official-d8onfwk.jpg
th

Upvote 0