The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now that I got your attention, I am talking about the petitions during the Prayer of the Faithful. Our deacon usually reads the petitions, and we always have a final petition for our personal needs. I think about this ahead of time, and my prayer is usually for a family member or friend with a medical problem or other issue, for some family member(s) for various reasons, or for other people I know who need to be remembered.

Today, for the very first time ever, in over a half century of praying, my personal petition was for our nation, and its people.

I am that bothered, that worried, that much in need of spiritual support as I think about what is happening in my beloved country.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I am that bothered, that worried, that much in need of spiritual support as I think about what is happening in my beloved country.
Trouble is, Trump is the leader of the free world. Decisions he makes, affect all of us around the world. We should be all praying for this.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trouble is, Trump is the leader of the free world. Decisions he makes, affect all of us around the world. We should be all praying for this.
Excellent point. Next Sunday I will pray for the whole world.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
It bothers me the prayers of the people at my church are so informal sounding at times, and never touch on praying for our leaders, despite the fact it is something the Bible says to do. When I went to Episcopal churches, there were always explicit, formal and dignified prayers for political leaders. But our prayers of the people sound like they were written up by bad advertising copywriters, not the great part of the service.

Upvote 0