A Few Questions.

No Swansong

Formerly Jtbdad Christian on every board!
Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
My friends;
I would like to know a few things about the Presbyterian and Reformed Churches if you don't mind taking a moment or two to share an answer it would be greatly appreciated.

I was introduced to Reformed Doctrine through the Reformed Episcopal Church. Unfortunately as I became more Reformed the Church itself has become less Reformed. Eventually my REC Church folded (100+ year history) and I became active in an ECUSA Church. I certainly am not happy in ECUSA and although I certainly consider myself a member of the body of Christ I do not feel a member of this particular Church.

Specifically I would like to know do Presbyterians/Reformed Churches utilize Liturgy, do they utilize a breviary/prayer book and how do they go about evangelism? Any answer would be greatly appreciated. I will also be posting this in the Presbyterian Board.

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Specifically I would like to know do Presbyterians/Reformed Churches utilize Liturgy, do they utilize a breviary/prayer book and how do they go about evangelism? Any answer would be greatly appreciated. I will also be posting this in the Presbyterian Board.
Most Presbyterians have an order of worship, but not a liturgy, agreed-on by the body of elders. Most don't use a prayer book. Approaches to evangelism are across the map, generally calibrated to address the culture they exist in.

Upvote 0

bricklayer

Dec 26, 2009
the rust belt
✟5,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We are a non-demoninational church. We have become reformed over the last ten years. We started out penatcostal twenty eight years ago. It has been a wonerful journey coming to know God as sovereign together.
We tend to evangelize differently than we were evangelized because what we think of God is different from what those who first brought the gospel to us. The gospel of Jesus Christ has not changed; only what we think of Jesus has changed.

Upvote 0