provo
✟16,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, my name is Ashlee, I'm doing research on how Christian beliefs on the second coming differ. I have 3 sets of questions that shouldn't take long to answer, I would love anyone to participate. I will be recording these answers (all anonymously of course :) ), but if you wouldn't mind sharing your denomination with your answers to the questions that would be Amazing, (if you don't want to share your denomination you could just say christian or other if you still want to participate), Thanks!

1. What are your beliefs around the second coming? Do you believe in a paradise after Christ comes?

2. What is the first sign of Jesus's coming that comes to your mind? Do you think how the climate is changing is a sign that Jesus is coming?

3. What, in your mind, is more emphasized about the second coming, paradise or judgement?

Your answers can be as long or short as you like :) Have a great day!

Scann

Oct 10, 2019
south east asia
✟17,164.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
2. Do you think how the climate is changing is a sign that Jesus is coming?
He's not returning quite yet. The Antichrist has to rule the world first . Then Christ will return and defeat him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe in a paradise after Christ comes?

If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

Matter can be changed to energy... m (matter) = E/c2 (energy)
Energy can be changed to matter... E/c2 (energy)= m (matter)

E/c2 is eternal stuff, and to her properties what we call 15 trillion years is a mere blink of the eye. Who knows how many times the plasma has been turned to mass and the mass to plasma? It is not a hard thing for God to dis-associate the mass of the universe into energy and light and then re-associate the energy and light back into matter. As a 'matter' of fact...

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

God is going to change all mass back into the plasma energy from whence it was forged... And he will do something else with it!

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. - Isaiah 65:17

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. - Revelation 19:7-9

Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God. - Mark 14:25

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. - Revelation 2:7

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city. - Hebrews 11:6

The plasma awaits its disassociation! It will soon become something else! God is going to take all that disassociated energy and do something else with it! It will be a better heaven and earth!

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1. What are your beliefs around the second coming? Do you believe in a paradise after Christ comes?

The thousand year reign over the nations with a rod of iron happens after He returns. It is a paradise compared to the world that existed before it but it won't be what the eternity is like.

2. What is the first sign of Jesus's coming that comes to your mind?

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Do you think how the climate is changing is a sign that Jesus is coming?

All He mentioned weather wise is earthquakes in diverse places.

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

3. What, in your mind, is more emphasized about the second coming, paradise or judgement?

It's a lot of judgment at first, then something like paradise after.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
1. What are your beliefs around the second coming?

It is all in the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed: He is coming again in His glory to judge the living and the dead, and His kingdom shall have no end. Anything more specific than that is pious opinion, in the sense that it may be beneficial and true, but it has not been affirmed by the Church (beyond what is found in the liturgies and other prayers of the Church itself, which are within what is already stated here).

Do you believe in a paradise after Christ comes?

What do you mean by that?

2. What is the first sign of Jesus's coming that comes to your mind?

He has warned us that this day will come as a thief in the night, and that we are to be ready for the bridegroom's return, so I do not search for signs.

Do you think how the climate is changing is a sign that Jesus is coming?

No, but I do think it's a sign that when He returns we will have to answer for how we have treated His creation.

More emphasized where -- in the Scriptures? In the prayers of the Church? In the Fathers?

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi, my name is Ashlee, I'm doing research on how Christian beliefs on the second coming differ. I have 3 sets of questions that shouldn't take long to answer, I would love anyone to participate. I will be recording these answers (all anonymously of course :) ), but if you wouldn't mind sharing your denomination with your answers to the questions that would be Amazing, (if you don't want to share your denomination you could just say christian or other if you still want to participate), Thanks!

2. What is the first sign of Jesus's coming that comes to your mind? Do you think how the climate is changing is a sign that Jesus is coming?

1) I believe Christ will come after a 3.5 year tribulation period. He will then reign on the earth for 1,000 years over the nations with His faithful people. This will not necessarily be an absolute paradise, but it will be one comparatively to now due to Christ reigning without the influence of the devil on earth since he will be bound for these 1,000 years like Revelation chapter 20 speaks of.

2) The first sign that came to my mind was the increased moral corruption on earth like it was in the days of Noah and Lot. But probably the most significant is the restoration of Israel as a nation. I don't believe the climate changing is a sign; moreover I don't believe any of the plagues on earth described in Revelation will be caused by man nor influenced at all by man. People will be blaspheming God by reason of the plagues and they will know beyond any doubt that they were not the work of man.

3) I would say judgment. But the term judgment means God rendering to every man according to His work; and this will be a relief and happiness for the faithful though it will be unspeakable terror and grief for God's enemies. God's judgment will above all be God's vindication of Himself through what He renders to those who loved Him and served Him faithfully on earth as well as through the trouble and anguish He renders towards those who refused to have Christ Jesus reign over them and who would not comply with His commandments so as to be good, faithful, and profitable servants for His righteous cause and interests. It's important to emphasize this because now on earth the faithful are generally despised and regarded as sad cases while the wicked are often regarded as happy and well off- but not in light of judgment day and eternity since the Lord will rise up and set things straight. Blessed are those who wait on Him in patient keeping of His covenant in hopes of his coming kingdom. Matthew chapter 25, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-12, Revelation 11:15-18, and Revelation 22:12-21 are some key Bible texts I base my answer to #3 off of.

I am a Christian who is not affiliated with a denomination but rather part of an independent church which seeks to return to the doctrine, ordinances, and mindset that the Apostles who wrote the New Testament had as they established the 1st century churches.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Jesus is God, he will return to earth and set up a 1000 year reign on this earth, then a New Haven and New Earth will descend, and mankind plus the Angels will live forever and ever in that New Heaven in Gods perfect love and glory where God's glory will illuminate the whole world. There will be no need for sunlight.

There is no Climate Change per se, its a hoax of the Marxist Globalists. Its easy to do when you change the Weather Data from the 1930's which were the hottest on record, then just lower them, thereby making it appear there is global warming. The sad thing is, they did it in broad daylight, they said those Temps needed to be UPDATED {LOL}. Yea right.

The Rapture happens before the Second Coming, which happens after the 70th week, the last 3.5 years of which is God's Wrath on wicked mankind. I had a vision in 1986 where I saw that the Man of Sin is here now, and Israel being REBORN is the biggest physical sign, God stated that Israel would be as Dead Men's Bones unto him until the LATTER DAYS when he would breath life back into them, so we are indeed nigh the Rapture.

Its equal, you can't have eternal life without Judgment. We were sinners and needed Mercy.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,589.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

!
1. There will be a new heaven and a new earth after Jesus's return and the final judgement. That is heaven for Christians and Hell for nonchristians.
2. Jesus's 2nd coming will be sudden. No one will expect it, so climate change is as irrelevent as the multitude of millennial therories.
3.The purpose of his coming again is to judge the living and the dead and then to usher in the new heaven and new earth.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

1/ Jesus will Return 2000 years after He departed from His first Advent. which is within most of the lifetimes of the people alive today. He will reign in fairness and righteousness, but life will go on much the same as now. The Eternal state comes after the final 1000 years.

2/ The signs of His Return will be all the events prophesied in Revelation, up until Revelation 19:11.
Climate change is a scare tactic promoted by those who wish to control the world. It is basically; a scam.

3/ Jesus will judge the nations at His Return, but the Judgment of every individual is after the Millennium.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1. Peter was looking for a New Heavens, and a New Earth, at Christ's return in 2 Peter 3:10-13, after this world is burned up. I am looking for the same thing.

2. Due to the orbits of the Earth, and Sun, climate change is a natural cycle.
There were times in the past when it was much warmer, and other times when it was much colder.

3. Both judgment for the unbelievers, and reward for believers is emphasized at His Second Coming, based on 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, and Revelation 11:18.

I am not a member of any denomination. Paul spoke against division of the Body, in chapter 1 of his first letter to the church at Corinth.

Instead, I am a member of the New Covenant Church, described in Hebrews 12:22-24.

Upvote 0

AvisG

Supporter
Oct 15, 2019
West
✟23,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It will happen, I hope. I'll welcome it if and when it gets here. But as one of my seminary professors said, "I'm still going to keep making my car payments."

A paradise? On earth, a new earth, in heaven, what? I believe we will live in a transformed and redeemed creation. Exactly what that may mean, I have no idea.

I construct no theology around the Book of Revelation. At best, it was intended for a first century audience (which is what I believe). At worst (to quote Thomas Jefferson) it is "the ravings of a madman." The overemphasis on Revelation as though it were some sort of biblical Ouija board is one of the unfortunate aspects of modern Christianity.

Chapter 24 of Matthew makes sense only if understand as referring to two separate things - the fall of the Temple in 70 AD and the visible return of Christ at some future date.

A trumpet blast and something sudden and visible around the world. I basically believe that God's Kingdom will break into our reality as though a giant zipper had opened in the sky. "But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed." 2 Peter 3:10, ESV - something like that. The rest of the End Times stuff is just Revelation-fueled guessing and mostly nonsense.

End Times ministries do more harm than good. Even if I weren't a Christian, I could certainly see that the moral order, the environment and the very structure of society are collapsing at an accelerating rate. "You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows" (Bob Dylan). But what is a "sign" and what isn't, and whether the final collapse will take 50, 500 or 5,000 years, I have no idea (but I am delighted to be 69.8 years old and not 6.98, because I'm confident I wouldn't want to be here in 50 years).

It depends who you listen to. I would say judgment. The glee with which some End Times gurus and their cult-like followers emphasize the bloody "victory" of God over the Forces of Evil is bizarre. God could snap His fingers, figuratively speaking, and simply announce "All evil is at an end now, thank you" - which is pretty much what I expect to happen.

The anthropomorphic, primitive fantasy of a God who "defeats" the Forces of Evil in a grand and bloody "battle" with believers waving pom-poms from the sidelines as though Christ were General Patton is beyond silly. It wasn't silly, however, to the tiny community of first century Christians who needed this kind of retributive vision to cope with what they were suffering.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

When Jesus returns He takes all the saved to heaven (those waiting in the grave or alive at the time (1st resurrection). Everyone else on earth is destroyed at that time. 1,000 years is spent in heaven where the "records" of the lost are opened for all to see (to have a understanding of why they were condemned). After the 1,000 years the 2nd resurrection (of the unsaved takes place) ... battle or Armageddon happens and God destroys them with eternal fire. He then makes everything (heavens & new earth) and moves His heavenly kingdom to earth ... and all live in complete harmony with God and His new creations ... for eternity ... no pain, no sorrow ... no sin of any kind.

The bible describes the signs as "birth pangs" ... wars and rumors or wars, breakdown of societies ... and being like birth pangs will increase with intensity and become more frequent (such as we see). A union of a church power and state power will happen and once again great persecution will occur such as in the dark ages. Anti-christ will appear and most of the world will believe the anti-christ is Jesus. The anti-christ will be very deceiving and do great miracles and wonders. There will be great tribulation globally .... and then the Lord will return. Climate change ... yes ... not so much a sign but rather the result of the fall of mankind. The earth is dieing ... however not much man can do about it. The earth has been dieing since the fall of mankind. The Lords plan will go forward as He wills and according to what He has revealed in His Word.

Those in Christ are not to fear judgement whatsoever ... in fact ... look forward to it. We are covered by the blood of Jesus and when He returns we will be presented as sinless unto the Father. That is He (God the father) will see Jesus and His perfection and not our sins.

As stated before .... when Christ returns all the saved will be with Him from there on out ... into eternity! AMEN! Thank you Jesus!

Upvote 0

Ashlee Drennan

Oct 21, 2019
provo
✟16,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean by that?

More emphasized where -- in the Scriptures? In the prayers of the Church? In the Fathers?

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to this
what I meant with the paradise after Christ come question was Do you believe that the righteous (before judgement and Heaven and such) will live with Christ on earth in peace and harmony? sorry that was a bit confusing

And with the judgement or paradise emphasis question, I was trying to ask: For you personally which was do you feel has been the most emphasized whether that is in your study or at church. judgement or paradise when Jesus Comes?

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to this
what I meant with the paradise after Christ come question was Do you believe that the righteous (before judgement and Heaven and such) will live with Christ on earth in peace and harmony? sorry that was a bit confusing

And with the judgement or paradise emphasis question, I was trying to ask: For you personally which was do you feel has been the most emphasized whether that is in your study or at church. judgement or paradise when Jesus Comes?
Yes; the faithful, righteous Christian people will be with Jesus after His Return. Revelation 5:9-10

As for Church teachings, forget about Judgment and Paradise, such things are never mentioned. To their discredit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When Jesus returns, He will rule the world with a rod of iron to keep evil from prevailing. The Kingdom of God will be reigning over the nations. It will be a time of peace and righteousness, and the nations will beat their spears into plowshares (a saying, a plowshare by the way is the iron piece attached to a wooden to break up the ground for planting). The nature of the animals will change back to the way it was before sin entered the world.

Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Micah 4:4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.

So there will not be proverty, and everyone will have a home.

Upvote 0