USA
✟65,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I dreamt of Heaven for the first time I can recall. Jesus was near me, but I couldn't see Him. He was but a few feet from me, standing to the back and right of me. His presence radiated from Him and I knew He was close.

I was walking forward slowly. To the front and left, in a separate but visible room, there was a group of about a dozen angels. They were in a box like a choir, and they were singing. But I couldn't understand them. It was as if their mouths were opening with song, praising God, but I couldn't hear or understand it. It was almost like I was deaf, or listening to a foreign tongue, or like they were behind glass... I knew they were singing, there wasn't a doubt, but why couldn't I hear or understand them?

I woke up, troubled. I know there's a reason I had this dream, but what does it mean? The only other detail I can give is that the angels were filled with light, a yellow-orange-ish light that filled them with a bright glow.

Reactions: TheDaniël

Healing with Jesus

merciful listener
Jun 5, 2014
USA
✟65,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ecclesiastes 5:3 and Ecclesiastes 5:7 should give you some insight.

I looked it up:

“A dream comes when there are many cares, and many words mark the speech of a fool.

Much dreaming and many words are meaningless. Therefore fear God.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭5:3, 7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I agree with this, of course. But frankly, this isn't helpful to me because this doesn't describe my situation, if you read the context in Ecclesiastes 5. In fact, a couple verses prior says:

“Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭5:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I dreamt of the house of the Lord for the first time in my life, and I listened but could not hear or understand. My question is why? I am exposing myself in order to receive any useful wisdom, be it exhortation or encouragement, from my brothers and sisters, because I know our Lord calls us to die to ourselves.

It's not like I'm here posting every single dream I've had, assuming it's all from God, spewing the insides of my fleshly mind. I had one dream about Heaven and am seeking to gather with my brethren about it.

I prayed about whether to post this, and the Lord laid it on my heart that He gave me the dream, and it was that, a gift. And that to believe otherwise is to discount a gift that He has given me.

Why do you post in the spiritual gifts forum if all you seek to do is tear down the outpouring the Holy Spirit has given?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't really look to see that it was the "Spiritual Gifts" forum. I was out of order to reply, not Biblically out of order, or breaking any rule of CF that I know of, but out of order by my own preference not to comment on such forums where Christians vary greatly on such subject and usually just argue rather than seek truth. I apologize. I shouldn't have attempted to address someone that believes in and holds to the idea that God currently communicates to people by giving them dreams as He once did on vary rare occasions as the Bible records. 2 Timothy 2:15 speaks of rightly dividing the Word of God, and there was a time period where God did use dreams in Jacob's son's Joseph's life, as well as in Jesus' "supposed" father's life, Joseph the husband of Mary.
With the completion of the writing of the New Testament, I don't believe God is giving dreams to people. 1 Corinthians 13:10 is a controversial verse, but it is one that Cessationalists such as myself would use to include the ceasing of dreams in this sense, as well as tongues, gifts of healings, miracles, knowledge, though much of what some of things did in the form of "gifts" can be accomplished by answered prayer today.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dreamt of Heaven for the first time I can recall. Jesus was near me, but I couldn't see Him. He was but a few feet from me, standing to the back and right of me. His presence radiated from Him and I knew He was close.

I was walking forward slowly. To the front and left, in a separate but visible room, there was a group of about a dozen angels. They were in a box like a choir, and they were singing. But I couldn't understand them. It was as if their mouths were opening with song, praising God, but I couldn't hear or understand it. It was almost like I was deaf, or listening to a foreign tongue, or like they were behind glass... I knew they were singing, there wasn't a doubt, but why couldn't I hear or understand them?

I woke up, troubled. I know there's a reason I had this dream, but what does it mean? The only other detail I can give is that the angels were filled with light, a yellow-orange-ish light that filled them with a bright glow.
I sent this to a friend of mine who interprets dreams and if he replies to it then I will send it to you or send him your way.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I looked it up:

“A dream comes when there are many cares, and many words mark the speech of a fool.

Much dreaming and many words are meaningless. Therefore fear God.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭5:3, 7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I agree with this, of course. But frankly, this isn't helpful to me because this doesn't describe my situation, if you read the context in Ecclesiastes 5. In fact, a couple verses prior says:

“Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭5:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I dreamt of the house of the Lord for the first time in my life, and I listened but could not hear or understand. My question is why? I am exposing myself in order to receive any useful wisdom, be it exhortation or encouragement, from my brothers and sisters, because I know our Lord calls us to die to ourselves.

It's not like I'm here posting every single dream I've had, assuming it's all from God, spewing the insides of my fleshly mind. I had one dream about Heaven and am seeking to gather with my brethren about it.

I prayed about whether to post this, and the Lord laid it on my heart that He gave me the dream, and it was that, a gift. And that to believe otherwise is to discount a gift that He has given me.

Why do you post in the spiritual gifts forum if all you seek to do is tear down the outpouring the Holy Spirit has given?[/QUOTE

"And if I speak in the tonques of angels" This is a revelation, in the beginnings of Pauls words that is often missed. Yes the dream is also a revelation but it is not meant to upset you. If I was to speak in front of you face to face with a heavenly language(tongues of angels) would you be able to understand it? Even your answer, after you prayed, about it has revelation in it. The dream and the language are both gifts that come down from above, to those that truly believe. So now you know(in part), confirmed, by what you received. Be Blessed in Jesus Holy Name.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Could it be a reminder that Jesus is with us even when we can't see Him and that the Heavenly Hosts surround us even when we can't hear them. That God's presence isn't dependent on our feelings or sensations, but rather something we need to trust and know is there...

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I didn't really look to see that it was the "Spiritual Gifts" forum. I was out of order to reply, not Biblically out of order, or breaking any rule of CF that I know of, but out of order by my own preference not to comment on such forums where Christians vary greatly on such subject and usually just argue rather than seek truth. I apologize. I shouldn't have attempted to address someone that believes in and holds to the idea that God currently communicates to people by giving them dreams as He once did on vary rare occasions as the Bible records. 2 Timothy 2:15 speaks of rightly dividing the Word of God, and there was a time period where God did use dreams in Jacob's son's Joseph's life, as well as in Jesus' "supposed" father's life, Joseph the husband of Mary.
With the completion of the writing of the New Testament, I don't believe God is giving dreams to people. 1 Corinthians 13:10 is a controversial verse, but it is one that Cessationalists such as myself would use to include the ceasing of dreams in this sense, as well as tongues, gifts of healings, miracles, knowledge, though much of what some of things did in the form of "gifts" can be accomplished by answered prayer today.

I would wonder when God's Word returned void?

But this is a fourm for questions on Spitural gifts.

Acts 2: 17. And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18. And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Have the last days gone by?
How long will they be?
Makes you wonder why this is in God's Word, because many people have visions and dreams.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

God is showing you the Glory that awaits us all.
There will be more Dreams to follow, have Faith in God's love.
Don't let anyone discourage you, there are common elements to these type of dreams , that others have had.
Actually I believe it's not a dream at all when some are caught up in the spirit.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

When that which is perfect has come ,in context is not the completed Word of God or the Bible.
It is Jesus Christ that Paul was speaking of meeting face to face.
It is a beautiful passage that gets mangled.

1 Corinthians 13: 9. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
The Holy Spirit manifests the gifts at His will not ours, after all He is was and will be God eternally.
To subtract one jot or tiddle from the Holy Word of God is a choice I would never make.
Nowhere does the Bible say the Baptism of the Holy Ghost will be done away with.
The only time the Holy Ghost will leave this earth is when we all do as Christian's.
God does not change, and all of His promises are yes and amen.
God is a Spirit and those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.
To deny the gifts is to deny the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
But most cessationalist will acknowledge the gifts to the ministry from Ephesians.

Ephesians 4: 8. Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10. He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11. And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12. For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Yet they exclude Prophets ,so they have to extract that by using their own ideas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
When I read this I’m reminded of 1 Corinthians 2:9, no eye has seen nor ear has heard what God has prepared for those who love Him. My interpretation is that God is giving you a glimpse of what’s waiting in Heaven while indicating that you haven’t fully heard it because you aren’t dead and in Heaven yet

Upvote 0

TheDaniël

Oct 19, 2018
Kampen
✟18,148.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
We see in dreams the answers that we seek.
We see in dreams the answers that we need.
Infinite the light that shines within the mind.
Infinite the heat coming from the heart.
More rhyming:
As the light that shines grants sight to our mortal eyes.
So does the light of dreams give insight towards our lives.
Does the mind remember every butterfly,
Does the mind remember every ray of sun?
Or does the mind only remember those that died.
And how the rays of sun once scorched the skin.
Sometimes, dreams have to be troublesome.
So that their message can be remembered; deep within.
It is the mind that processes all of life's information.
it is the Lord that provides to us all the answers that we seek.
Though harsh it seems, these hurting dreams.
These weird dreams of which you know not the message.
Remind yourself about the themes,
Remind yourself about the shepard.
Remind yourself about the wolves.
That reside amongst ye within thy truth.
For in dreams you shall find only truth.
The only truth you seek is in your dreams.
You body rests, your mind recovers.
The Lord He loves, our life it bothers.
Unseen they come… and unseen they go,
man and its ignorance calls them forth
from far below, the darkness it fetters and
captures the soul, abide not like those
unfortunate, still trapped in SHEOL
Hear ye the word banishing the darkness,
hear ye the voice that banishes the night,
Who can bring light to eyes who do not see
Who can reveal the words of the most wise.

As for your dream:

Those who have seen, they must believe.
Blessed are believers, that did not see.
Blessed are those who know the truth indeed,
Blessed are those who in hardship; did not leave.

More rhyming:
The scoffer does not serve His master;
He says: "A slave! Nay! I shalt not be!"
Scoffing they shalt; the voluntary pastor.
When the master feels good; the servant is happy.

You hear things you do not see,
You know not the things that you have heard.
Yet, you feel truth in these things which ye perceived.
Such truth is knowledge of the Lord.

No doubt about the truth within your dreams.
For dreams are truth and doubt is not.
Those who love the world that they live in.
They love not the wisdom of their God.

Light penetrates the all that is,
without this light we cannot see.
Thus light provides the mind with wisdom,
for we know for certain it..
that we perceive.

Wondering about these wonders;
go forth my brother towards
ACTS TWO, THREE.

The song of life is motion,
All that is dances to it in His own way.
Such is the dance of motion,
Every inch that is, dances in His own way.
amen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON
This Thread Has Been Moved

231058_ae34cf80d551c8320b3af617454a6170.jpg

This thread has been moved to a section where it is a better fit.

This particular topic belongs in the Spiritual Gift's sub-forum, Sign Gifts. Please continue your discussion here.​

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Kingdom comes on earth, just as Jesus taught, both when he was on earth, and when he was in Heaven, through the Revelation given to John.

Angels are all around us. Every Christian has their own. And they can be many.

But, until you enter the Kingdom, you can not see them. But, you can sense them. You can get, there is something different, about some of the people, who have been in your life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums