Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To the memory of our brothers, sisters who served this nation and gave their lives - we honor you and remember you. You have not died in vain.

To those veterans who served in times of peace and war - thank you for your service

To those who wear the uniform today - you are in our thoughts and prayers.

If you'd like to post a photo and story about yourself or a family member serving, that would be a great way to say thank you also.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Because of Canadian and American soldiers my opa and oma (and mom and aunt) survived the war.

My very existence is dependent on that. I cant really thank them enough.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
20210531_142343.jpg

Cloyde Pinson Jr was killed in Vietnam in 1967. His father Cloyde Sr, a WW II veteran, worked tirelessly to have a national cemetery created in Dallas. The D-FW National opened in 2000. Six years later Cloyde Jr was moved from Laurel Land to the cemetery his father made possible. Two days later Cloyde Sr passed away and was interred next to his son.

Because of Cloyde Sr's efforts, my father was buried there in Oct 2001.

20210531_140324.jpg

The grounds are open every day from sunrise to sunset, but visits particularly poignant on Memorial Day when every grave has a flag planted and flags line the roads and areas for ceremonies.

These photos are from last year. I brought two bouquets. One for my dad and one for Cloyde Sr.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,673.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
To the memory of our brothers, sisters who served this nation and gave their lives - we honor you and remember you. You have not died in vain.

To those veterans who served in times of peace and war - thank you for your service

To those who wear the uniform today - you are in our thoughts and prayers.

If you'd like to post a photo and story about yourself or a family member serving, that would be a great way to say thank you also.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Upvote 0