Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, and here in this legislation, touted to be about preventing huge job loss, reduce that job loss, it seems that keep the jobs incentive is mostly for smaller businesses under 500 employees. But larger corporations got a different situation: no strong impetus to keep employees. It makes sense as legislation...for...larger profits....

There is a middle road, but looking at this legislation....I'm wondering, after reading in that link, that the incentive seems to be more for the profit-maximizing road?....

(Update: more detail: Congress Approves Economic Relief Plan for Individuals and Businesses)

? What do you think?

How are these large corporations supposed to end up with larger profits due to this legislation ? I don't see that happening from what little I know of the legislation. Perhaps you could explain to me how that would work?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How are these large corporations supposed to end up with larger profits due to this legislation ? I don't see that happening from what little I know of the legislation. Perhaps you could explain to me how that would work?
First, for clarity, I'm a free market capitalist to the bone, and have run a business. Ok?
The bill looks to me to do little to avoid, or perhaps even is an easy opportunity, for some larger businesses (over 500) to radically cut a large portion workers permanently, replace them with the latest labor replacing technology, and blame the virus (instead of a heartless executive).

And some companies will, taking advantage of the opportunity, with the government helping via large deficit spending to support those that lose their jobs. An opportunity for fast radical cuts and transition to replace people with newer technology, but faster than would have happened. (Contrast to a bill that would be aimed at helping pay retained workers for those larger businesses)

What would have taken many years to happen, but now will happen in just a month.

Now, it's a moment in time, and Congress could act further to try to do more.

Upvote 0