• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

A Cure Maybe

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by Introverted1293, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Introverted1293

Introverted1293 My name is Jesse Supporter

+2,219
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Mod Queue Spam Troll Banner Extraordinaire! Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+2,909
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    CBS should not have reported this. All it does is needlessly raise expectations. If it turns out not to be viable, that will just lead to massive disappointment.

3. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+33,172
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    This is one of several coordinated efforts. The article states perhaps phase 1 /2 trial study by end of summer.

4. Amittai

Amittai monitor evaluator

+284
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Single
    It's like saying they have figured out how to colonise Mars.

5. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,532
    Christian
    Single
    From what I gather, this is great news, and is more likely than not to be just what we need. Look at the faces of the team that came up with it...that says it all.

To bad it takes so long to get to human trials, but maybe they can start using/testing it sooner in the unfortunate life/death situations.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  6. JackRT

JackRT OOPS!!! Supporter

+14,568
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    I have read similar stories from quite a number of labs in different parts of the world including two here in Canada. This will be beat but it will take time.

7. jacks

jacks Er Victus Supporter

+1,283
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I agree and if this works, I'm never going to say anything negative about millennials again! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,532
    Christian
    Single
    Yeah, I noticed that, those are just kids...more power to them.

• List
  9. Douger

Douger Veteran

+805
    Christian
    Yup. All this talk of treatments and vaccines isn't going to end the current outbreak, any fruit will be realized well after this current emergency has passed.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who's googled stories about treatments and vaccines looking for some hope that this could all end sooner rather than later. But the truth is, we have a long long 3 to 6 weeks ahead of us with restrictions, upset plans and uncertainties, and no medical miracle is going to change that.

• List
  10. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+33,172
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    What have you found on therapeutic treatments. We have the hydroxychloroquine and zpack trial study ongoing with some doctors outright prescribing the combination. But Dr Fauci mentioned other such drugs are being developed.

11. Introverted1293

+2,219
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Yeah, you could right about that. I am just hopeful. But I maybe completely wrong.

12. Introverted1293

+2,219
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    That's a long time.

13. Introverted1293

+2,219
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    That is too bad. But that is hopeful.

14. Introverted1293

+2,219
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I wish it wouldn't take that much time. But I know they are doing whatever they can.

15. Introverted1293

+2,219
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    That is too bad. But I am sure you are right.

And that is exactly what I did. I went and googled possible cures and treatments.

16. Douger

Douger Veteran

+805
    Christian
    From the very start of the pandemic doctors have been using drugs to treat symptoms and fight the virus and the ones you mention and other drugs too have certainly been succesful.
    Of course like any treatment, patients will react differently, there's been both anecdotal and clinically documented successes.
    A couple weeks ago I started to optimistically wonder if some of these drugs could be mass produced by the billions and used to surpress infections and treat symptoms in different epedemic centers. But realistically, while some useful drugs will almost certainly be proven and mass stockpiled for the future, nothing's going to happen fast enough to "make this all go away" like we wish it would.