China
Visit site
✟8,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear brethren in Christ,

I really need all your encouragement in this, because I am all alone and don’t know what to do. In 2009, I committed a grave offense of lying by falsifying my CCA records in high school and didn’t think it was a very serious offence at that time. I then graduated with a satisfactory A level results and used my CCA records to apply for University admissions. At first, I thought I would get in just with my A level results, but shockingly, I was admitted through Discretionary Admissions which relied on my falsified CCA records. Though I didn’t feel that good, I didn’t care much about it and hid this sin I had done.

But since the time I graduated from high school, I had to fulfill a vow I made to God to follow Him because He indeed blessed me with good A level results. After half a year of University studies, God put into my heart to leave the University and so I did temporarily (this year January), after facing much persecution from my parents because they think I’ve gone mad wanting to forsake my studies for God. Through half a year of being away from University, God has shown me through articles from others that hiding such a sin is not acceptable and I should confess it. So, I decided in my heart to confess it and I did when I came back by writing letters to my high school and university admitting my dishonesty.

Just yesterday, I had a talk with my high school principal and teacher and they took back my falsified CCA records as I’ve promised them not to use them again. I also discussed it with my parents, and almost got into a fierce quarrel because of my confessions. My parents think that what I have done is not that serious and I shouldn’t have confessed it to the University. My mother even reprimanded me and reasoned with me that I was being selfish by trying to make myself clean but exposing my high school to shame because they too were responsible for my dishonesty. I also believed in my mother’s word and felt really condemned, but I know that I should confess my faults and take on the consequences on my shoulders. I felt so guilty that my conduct has caused harm to others that I pronounced myself cursed many times amidst tears yesterday. Satan was destroying my soul because of the guilt I felt, but thanks be to God, He restored me. I don’t know, but I felt that my mother’s words were actually satan’s condemnation trying to make me feel guilty and wrong for taking the courage to confess my faults. Am I being selfish by confessing my faults? I really don’t know. :cry:

But what is serious to me, is that my parents actually don’t even think that what I have done is serious enough to render such confession on my part. But I know I should, because true repentance means making restitution and truly not letting people have a false impression of you. Because if I hide my faults so that my reputation will not be tarnished or that I won’t have to bear the consequences, then I would be grieving the Lord even more because I value my reputation and my status more than the Lord’s commands. This I don’t want to do and I am all willing to face the consequences of my crime. But on the other hand, I indeed would be causing harm to my high school by my confession because they are also partly responsible for such an issue by failing to check properly before giving approval. I prayed to God yesterday that all the punishments would fall on me alone, but it is no doubt that by making such a confession, I have also destroyed the reputation of my high school. In this, my mother is right that I have done a foolish thing because I didn’t think of this other consequence of my confession.

My parents’ indifference to the severity of this crime I’ve done only shows that they have not truly repented and believed in Jesus Christ (My whole family are atheists but I got converted in 2004 Dec). They no longer oppose my belief, but they think that the extent I am going is too extreme, and I know because of this indifference in them there would only be more potential conflicts between I and them.

Even when they knew that I wrote to my University, they thought that my crime was too trivial to render any punishment upon me, but they don’t know that I have already received a letter from the University’s Board of Discipline that will render me liable for disciplinary actions. I haven’t told them about this, because I don’t know how they will react. The way they reacted just yesterday when I told them was already dreadful enough, so I don’t want to cause another upheaval and give satan a chance to use my parents against me like he did in the past. But no doubt that I will finally have to face it, and maybe my parents will hate and disown me if I’m expelled from University. I dread all this persecution I have been facing from them for years, but I dread even more the fact that my parents have not yielded themselves to God and continue to allow satan to use them as tools to destroy my soul. If they truly have opened their hearts to God, they should be happy for me and thank God that I have taken the step to confess my faults shouldn’t they? Or at least reprimand me for making such a grave mistake and sinning against God like this, right? But no, they are angry that I have made confession and they trivialize the matter (just like how they trivialize their own faults at falsifying my birthdate and causing harm to a whole group of people who would have to bear the responsibilities of their irresponsibility) as though what I have done is of no consequences but yet they condemn me and say that I am being selfish by trying to clear myself from my guilt and causing harm to others. They contradict themselves in this, they are angry for all the wrong reasons, and they don’t see honesty as much of an issue to be upheld. This is the state of their heart, so how can they be saved?

Every time I think of a potential persecution from them, I cannot help thinking about the dream that I had about my parents, how they would be left behind and not be able to rise and meet the Lord in the air as said in the Scriptures. I just cannot help thinking that the Lord has shown me their destruction because they ultimately never opened their hearts and accepted Jesus until it was too late. I really don’t know their end, but so far, from their reactions, I know their hearts are not converted. What should I do brothers and sisters? Some of you already know the issues I face in my family (http://www.christianforums.com/t7548642/), and I know I might just face another dreadful event in my family yet again. Perhaps my original thoughts have been right, that I should leave my parents and respond to the calling of God. Perhaps just like how Jesus knew and foretold the ultimate doom of Judas, God has shown me the ultimate doom of my own parents because God knows if they will finally be saved while I don’t. I am just sick of facing the same persecution that torments me again and again and causes me to sin only more and more when I want with all my heart to stop sinning and live a life pleasing to the God who delivered my soul from hatred and darkness. What should I do?

Last edited:
Reactions: briareos

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Terene,

You have done exactly the right thing, and I am glad you are my sister. Pray that God will send his Word to your parents through people they will listen to and believe; and that they will be brought to repentance and Salvation in Christ.

In the meantime, I pray what Paul prayed: "that the Lord Jesus Christ gives you Terene a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe."

Here are a few scripture verses for you.

Mark 6:4-6
4. Then Jesus told them, “A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family.” 5. And because of their unbelief, he couldn’t do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6. And he was amazed at their unbelief.

1 John 1:9 (ESV)
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

James 5:16 (ESV)
16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

Matthew 5:10 (ESV)
10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Romans 8:18 (ESV)
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Luke 14:26 (Contemporary English Version)
26. You cannot be my disciple, unless you love me more than you love your father and mother, your wife and children, and your brothers and sisters. You cannot come with me unless you love me more than you love your own life.

Upvote 0

Hospes

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Terene,

You answer and give an account ultimately only to our Lord Jesus and I am convinced one day you will hear his words, "Well done, my good and faithful servent." I am praying that you continue in your faith and glorify God in your suffering. Take joy in that you are honored to suffer for him. Grace to you.

Upvote 0

LWB

Jan 28, 2011
Brisbane
✟16,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your parents want the best for you, and probably desire that you find a career you can enjoy through a solid university education. They probably fear you've harmed your prospects.

So enough of this Satan nonsense. Accept their reasonable reaction as a consequence of your foolish dishonest behaviour. Humble yourself and respect them, and do the best you can to repair your situation. Maybe then they'll come to know the Lord through your humble and contrite behaviour, and not consider you a unbalanced religious fanatic.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It appears that the instruction to "confess your faults one to another", applies most readily to "brethren" in The Lord. As James addresses "brethren", 15 times in his brief epistle.

This doesn't mean to be dishonest, but in general, we cannot realistically expect those which are outside the faith to understand or encourage us in accordance with the faith.

But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.
Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
<-----> James 5:12-16

Sounds like you did the right thing though by admitting to the schools what had been done...but expecting that could be satisfactorily explained to your unbelieving parents, may be mainly where your trouble arose.

Recently, someone kind of famous and well established was "outed", for being a plagiarist back when they were in school...and this was a shame and an embarrassment to them, especially because they were in a prominent place socially.
Perhaps your parents could acknowledge that your past cheating would be even much more damaging if it came out through someone else uncovering it, after you had risen up the ranks of society.

Though this might not mean much to an unbeliever - Jesus said everything will be known, nothing will stay hidden.

In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.
For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known
<-----> Luke 12:1+2

Hope and Pray this is helpful and encouraging to you, dear sister in Christ.

wm

Upvote 0

Terene

Bondslave of Jesus Christ
Mar 21, 2011
China
Visit site
✟8,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your parents want the best for you, and probably desire that you find a career you can enjoy through a solid university education. They probably fear you've harmed your prospects.

So enough of this Satan nonsense. Accept their reasonable reaction as a consequence of your foolish dishonest behaviour. Humble yourself and respect them, and do the best you can to repair your situation. Maybe then they'll come to know the Lord through your humble and contrite behaviour, and not consider you a unbalanced religious fanatic.

Dear brother,

I never refused to acknowledge that my parents want the best for me, especially since I'm their only child. But I've been going through a lot from them, and it's not always because I failed to acknowledge their desire for my good, but that they didn't understand my circumstances and the faith I profess.

You have hurt me by saying I am raising a satan nonsence, brother. I am not beyond reproach, but it is a FACT that satan is an active agent in my family since I was born and has almost torn my family apart and destroyed us through domestic violence and hatred. If not for God, I won't even be here talking to you and the rest. It is not unreasonable for me to attribute the persecution I face to satan, because he is indeed after the souls of the children of God, and will use anyone to discourage, murder, threaten, invoke to anger the children of God, even your closest relatives.

As for their reaction, it is the state of their heart that I am complaining about, not about their desire for my good. If they were being angry and persecuting me for what I have done wrong, I would not be here to complain. But they didn't. Instead, they actively discourage me from doing what I should have done and trivialise the matter to nought. It is because I had that same attitude as them before that I myself engaged in such hideous acts. If I truly considered the grievousness this sin I had done really is, I would not have committed it, but I didn't, because my heart then was like my parents' hearts are now - I simply think (like they do now) that it is not serious to falsify my CCA records, when the fact is, it is a serious sin before God. The reason why I confessed was to truly repent, and also bear the consequences of what I have done.

It is this state of heart in them that I am distressed and dreading, and is also the reason why satan still finds the occasion to use them against me. I must admit that the persecution I have faced all these years are getting overwhelming for me, and I don't want to continue enduring them and allowing myself to have such evil thoughts as I do now. While I can be said to be selfish in trying to escape all these persecutions from my parents, what good am I doing to them if I endure their persecutions and allow satan to use them as puppets to sin more and more against God? If I could escape persecution and calm them down by leaving, should I not do it so that they too can calm down and let God open their hearts so that they may once and for all TRULY seek God and repent?

I don't know if such a good thing will happen, but I hope it really will, because from the current situation, it seems that if I stay with them and I am living in a good condition, they will become complacent and won't really see the need to confess to God and truly be born again Christians. Yes, they will put it off and think that God can be confessed later when they retire and no longer have to work as they do now, do you think it is good for them? My father still values his work more than God, and still holds a certain level of doubt about Jesus and God. My mother herself told me that she did not have the urge to confess Jesus because she is not in a desperate situation to. I took them to Church just last Sunday and they did not raise their hands when the Church pastor asked those who are willing to confess Jesus as their Savior and Lord to raise hands. Their hearts simply weren't ready to accept God's salvation, and this is despite the fact that they promised to believe in Jesus after I get good A level results (which God has allowed me to get in 2010).

I admit fully that I am now afraid to face persecutions, and totally dread it especially when it comes from my own parents. I don't know what is wrong with me, but all these years of enduring have drained away the last bit of my energy and hope I have about my parents' salvation, and I just can't wait to be received into the Lord's hands and escape all these nightmares I'm facing. It is God's grace that the seed of hatred and resentment has not yet sprouted in my heart, because I can say I am almost being driven to nuts like Lot was in the sinful city of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Last edited:
Reactions: LWB
Upvote 0

Terene

Mar 21, 2011
China
Visit site
✟8,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And you are right that I have emotional unbalances and tend to go to the extremes (I am born sensitive and emotional), but I believe God has told me to confess and I should, even if the world thinks I'm an extremist. Meanwhile, Paul himself was called mad by Festus because he spoke the truth and confessed the Lord. I care nothing about what others think of me, I care only that I am living uprightly before God and truly loving others as I ought. In this I have failed horribly, and my failure is aggravated by the hindrances I face from an athiest family background.

Upvote 0
T

Thankful For Grace

Dear Terene,

I have read your post as well as the link for your previous post. It is clear that you desire to follow God with all your heart, and I believe He will honor that desire and lead and guide you.

As you go forward on this journey, I would like to recommend three very different books to you--all of which will speak to you, I believe. The first is "The Royal Way of the Cross" by Fenelon, Hal Helms translator (use it as a daily devotional the rest of your life); the second is "The Autobiography of Madam Guyon" by Jeanne Guyon--this book will help you understand the ways of God with those who are most devoted to Him; the third is "The War on the Saints" by Jesse-Penn Lewis, which is about how Satan seeks to deceive believers. They are worth searching out. I have found them on Amazon.com--but have, at times, had to resort to used copies to acquire them.

Taken together, they will encourage you on the sacrificial journey God has called you to and help you to detect the subtle and not so subtle attacks of the enemy.

May God be with you, lead you, and guide you.

TFG

P.S. I believe you did the right thing in God's eyes by confessing, and that it will ultimately magnify Jesus. Bless you, dear.

As we draw nearer to the end of the age we know that there will be great suffering, and a part of that suffering is delineated in the verses quoted below. I pray this scripture does not apply to your situation, but many will face it and we should be aware of what the scriptures teach. Always follow what the Lord tells you, but make very sure that you are hearing God--He will never go against what He has given us in scripture. He tells us to honor our parents, that all will go well with us--but we cannot ignore the truth that even when we do honor our parents, we may suffer in the following way:

Matt 10:21-22
21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
KJV

And you are right that I have emotional unbalances and tend to go to the extremes (I am born sensitive and emotional), but I believe God has told me to confess and I should, even if the world thinks I'm an extremist. Meanwhile, Paul himself was called mad by Festus because he spoke the truth and confessed the Lord. I care nothing about what others think of me, I care only that I am living uprightly before God and truly loving others as I ought. In this I have failed horribly, and my failure is aggravated by the hindrances I face from an athiest family background.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear Terene,

Don't take your paren'ts lack of perfection or completeness as a bad thing, be joyful that they have made the progress that they have. They no longer oppose your christianity. That's a miracle! Not all things come to fruition at once and sometimes it takes time to change people, just as the Lord was patient with us, he is also patient with your parents and he is working in their lives and just as we were not saved and completed in a day neither will your parents be.

Cast your cares on the Lord and know that he cares for you, and he is mighty and though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death he is in control and he will not allow the devil to destroy you or your parents. Have faith in the Lord, he knows what's goin on in your life and in your parents. Don't think that he can get you into heaven but that he can't get you out of this. He certainly can.

Let's go to the Lord in prayer, I promise you, it will all be ok :)

The Lord will not abandon us
Lee

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear Jesus,

I pray that you reach your mighty hand down in Terene's life and that you take control of this situation and that you ease her fears and her worries. That you cover her in your wing. The bible says that with the Lord nothing is impossible and that you hold the hearts of men and kings in your hand. I pray that you move upon the hearts of Deans and on the hearts of her parents. That your will be done. Just as you told Jeremiah that like clay in the Potter's hand you can mold us, you can take our lives and make them into anything you want them to be. Lord Jesus you are mighty to save! You will not abandon us during our time of great need. I pray in the mighty name of Jesus that your will be done in this situation. And Lord I praise you becuase you are mighty and worthy to be praised, thank you for the miracles you have done and are going to do. Thank you Jesus. The bible says that Abraham was strengthened in faith as he glorified you so I praise you Lord, you are a mighty God worthy of all my love and praise. help our faith in you.

Upvote 0

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
:) It's going to be ok friend, it doesn't matter what happens, God is strong enough he won't let you down and he will also save your parents if we continue to pray. He will absolutely create faith in them and give them an honest chance to choose Jesus. The idea that they are doomed is a lie.

Upvote 0

spr

Jul 16, 2004
✟8,538.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's nothing wrong with admitting you did something you don't feel right about. It's hard to follow conscience when it keeps talking about past stuff. Getting it out is good. As for your school, they shouldn't have gone along with you. That is their fault not yours.

Also, don't even think about where others may or may not end up. It is possible for someone to be a Christian and then turn from the faith.

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

When you think about someone else's fate just consider that your own fate isn't sealed yet.

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Move forward in the name of Jesus Christ, and let the dead bury their own dead.

Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Mat 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
Mat 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
Mat 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Upvote 0

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I know sometimes I don't do much but pray but that is becuase I am more confident in the power of prayer and the Lord than I am in all my wisdom. No amount of advice I could give will equal the power of the Lord released by the prayer of a needy faithful soul. He can save your parents he absolutely can. I was rescued from Atheism becuase of the faithful, earnest prayers of my friends and my family and in the end all my wise and logical reasons to deny God... simply did not matter anymore becuase I he found me and revealed himself to me. God can take hold of your parents hands and cause them to see him if we pray. He is big enough to move on your behalf to not allow anything to hurt you or your future. Take heart, it's going to be ok.

Upvote 0

Hospes

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An enjoyable career is rubbish compared to "gaining Christ".

So enough of this Satan nonsense.
Would you have rebuked Jesus like this when when he told Peter "get behind me, Satan"? Peter was only wanting what he thought best.
Maybe then they'll come to know the Lord through your humble and contrite behaviour, and not consider you a unbalanced religious fanatic.
Or maybe they will see the value Terene places on Christ and recognize she has found a treasure worth infinitely more than "a career you can enjoy through a solid university education."

“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea. (Mark 9:42 ESV)

Brother, you have come dangerously close to being "whoever".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Terene

Mar 21, 2011
China
Visit site
✟8,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear brethren,

Thank you all for your concern and advice, and I hope that no bitterness will result from my venting. I have done wrong indeed, and I need to endure as much as I can in God's strength so that I don't hinder His will from being done. With that said, I urge brother Hospes to forgive brother LWB and don't let satan have any occasion to sow dissension or resentment in the Body of Christ.

Let God be glorified, and I hope that my experience will be a source of encouragement for all brethren, even though I might have demonstrated a giving up attitude which is wrong. May our God have mercy on us in His faithfulness. Amen. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
If your parents are paying for your bills and food then your honesty was at their expense, not yours. Sometimes we use honestly like a brick to destroy things with when its best to leave things alone. Some say we do that for self destructive reasons. Individually, who can say.

Upvote 0

LWB

Jan 28, 2011
Brisbane
✟16,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear brethren,

Thank you all for your concern and advice, and I hope that no bitterness will result from my venting. I have done wrong indeed, and I need to endure as much as I can in God's strength so that I don't hinder His will from being done. With that said, I urge brother Hospes to forgive brother LWB and don't let satan have any occasion to sow dissension or resentment in the Body of Christ.

Let God be glorified, and I hope that my experience will be a source of encouragement for all brethren, even though I might have demonstrated a giving up attitude which is wrong. May our God have mercy on us in His faithfulness. Amen. :prayer:

That's very gracious of you Terene. I didn't mean to upset you.

The Lord taught that belief in Him would cause divisions, even in one's own family. Those who are of the World, like your parents currently are, cannot understand your need to come clean.

However, I can fully understand their perspective, and how they must feel their daughter's life is spiraling out of control. In such a situation, I truly don't think it would be helpful to speak 'Get behind me Satan' into their faces!

Of course I have no idea how you have handled them. You've probably taken their upset gracefully, and therefore came here to vent your pain. And then I came and poured salt on your wound.

Anyway, I hope you can find it in your heart to love and respect your parents, even though they don't understand the way of Christ.

Upvote 0

BloodyRachel

May 10, 2011
✟599.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Republican
And you are right that I have emotional unbalances and tend to go to the extremes (I am born sensitive and emotional), but I believe God has told me to confess and I should, even if the world thinks I'm an extremist.

A lot of women have this problem. You're not alone, sister.

Upvote 0

Terene

Mar 21, 2011
China
Visit site
✟8,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If your parents are paying for your bills and food then your honesty was at their expense, not yours. Sometimes we use honestly like a brick to destroy things with when its best to leave things alone. Some say we do that for self destructive reasons. Individually, who can say.

Should I not obey my God above everyone and everything else, brother? Yes I should, and I want to do so. What is truly at the expense of my parents is not letting them know the importance of honesty and thus causing them to sin without fear of God and then perish in their sins in eternal torment. I can only hope that what I have done have shown them the consequences that can result from dishonesty and the need for GENUINE repentance to God which involves a wholehearted turn away from ALL SINS - This is more precious to my parents' souls than all the wealth the world (or I) can give.

That's very gracious of you Terene. I didn't mean to upset you.

The Lord taught that belief in Him would cause divisions, even in one's own family. Those who are of the World, like your parents currently are, cannot understand your need to come clean.

However, I can fully understand their perspective, and how they must feel their daughter's life is spiraling out of control. In such a situation, I truly don't think it would be helpful to speak 'Get behind me Satan' into their faces!

Of course I have no idea how you have handled them. You've probably taken their upset gracefully, and therefore came here to vent your pain. And then I came and poured salt on your wound.

Anyway, I hope you can find it in your heart to love and respect your parents, even though they don't understand the way of Christ.

Brother, I forgive you and I thank you for confessing to me what you really meant. :)

I agree with you that they don't understand, and so their reactions would seem understandable to everyone who is clear-minded. But we are not only of a sound mind, we have the Holy Spirit of God in us, and thus we do know the source of every hindrance and persecution that we face when we attempt to walk godly lives:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].
(Ephesians 6:12)

I myself faced such wrestling in my own family, and MANY MANY times since I believed in Christ. We are in a spiritual warfare that the world don't understand, is it then right to neutralize our stance as though such hindrances/persecutions are understandable as natural reactions? No, I believe not. We are to actively resist the devil and his wiles (though not through physical violence but with the Word of God), not accept them as part of people's natural reactions and become passive in our walk with the Lord.

Our brother has raised a good teaching point when Jesus our Lord rebuked Peter and exposed the real mastermind behind the hindrance to the Cross Peter is putting before his Master. Jesus did not comfort Peter and say soothing words to appease and commend his good intentions, but He immediately exposed satan and his wicked schemes. This was actually a teaching point for disciples and for all those who believe in Him that we ought to be vigilant and watchful and actively resist the devil and expose his schemes so that our brothers and sisters can benefit by knowing how to resist the devil's temptations and traps.

It was a struggle for me in this matter, but thanks be to our faithful God, He delivered me from the enemy of our souls and my parents did not persecute me even after they knew that I have been called for a meeting by my University's Board of Discipline. Hallelujah! :bow:

And amen brother, may our God put into my heart to honor and love my parents in a world so sinful and wicked. But may our God show us the way we should go so that we will endure faithfully until the end for His Name's sake!:prayer:

A lot of women have this problem. You're not alone, sister.

Yes sister, may our God help us and strengthen us so that we can exercise self control and bear good fruits for His Kingdom. Amen.

May the LORD bless you all in Yeshua our Savior!

Upvote 0