Visit site
✟400,885.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the forum upgrade! It'll take some time to get used to, but overall it seems good to me. The possibility to upvote is neat. For whatever it's worth, here are some thoughts:

- The content in the user information next to our post gets awkwardly formatted when there's long text. For example, if you look at my website and Blessings, you can see they overrun. If it's possible, how about changing the websites to simply say "Website" or even a button that is linked to our website? Alternatively, keep the website on the profile only? Perhaps Blessings isn't needed here either. I'm not sure what to do with other long titles, but perhaps it's possible to make the information section a little wider or organise the items differently, such as having things stacked instead of in two columns?

- If possible, I also think it could be nice if the various sections on the landing page could be ordered in a fixed way. What I mean is this: For example, under the Christian Congregations > Christian Communities, currently "Anabaptists", "Baptists", and "Calvary Chapel Fellowship" appear on one line, but the second line only has "Confessional, Covenantal, Creedal - Presbyterian". Perhaps if the details on the right, the thread count, message count, and latest message, were removed, and if the sections were listed in two columns, that may be more legible, which is what it used to be if memory serves me right. Alternatively, you could stack the existing details. That way you wouldn't have to crop long titles. Here's a quick example:

image_2022-11-16_210442464.png

- I liked the previous forms of liking where we could react with like, informative, prayer, winner etc. The current ones are a little more generic, and it also means we've lost our previous reactions and count.

Those are my 2c! See what you think!

God bless.

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,224,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The reactions have been adjusted by the owner accordingly. Say goodbye to the angry and sad reactions.

Upvote 0

doughtz

Owner of christianforums.com
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2022
San Diego
Visit site
✟110,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the suggestions, taking a look and seeing what we can implement. Reactions are restored :)

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟400,885.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the suggestions, taking a look and seeing what we can implement. Reactions are restored :)

Thank you for bearing with us and for improving things! :) God bless!

Edit:

Maybe just one more minor suggestion: How about arranging the user details a little differently so that the city and country are stacked? So in my case, that would be:
Osaka
Japan

As opposed to:
Osaka
Visit site
✟242,156.00
Japan

Upvote 0