Broken Arrow
✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whether or not you believe we are in the new covenant or the old covenant, you may believe a contradicting Truth!

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

1) God will put His law (translates “Torah”) in their “inward parts”, and “write it in their hearts”! As Ezekiel says about this, “cause (to do or make) you to walk in My statutes (commandments)…”

Who of you have been caused to fully know and obey God’s Law? And many say that the law has been done away with, but whether you believe we are under the new or old we would still be “keeping His Commandments/Law"!

Regarding verse 34, for Him to “remember their sins no more”, would imply that Judgment Day has come and gone, for as Jesus said: Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. We still need teachers, we still live in a world of sin, and repentance is still a requirement! Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

In the old covenant, men had to keep the commandments of God by their free will faith in Him. In the new covenant, we are “caused” to know and do all His law!

We live in a corrupt body, unable to “fulfill His Law” as written, but a day is coming when we will have a body like Adam and Eve had in the garden, and “sin no more”. That’s why on this earth that’s “passing away and waxing old” we need a Savior!!! The Law of God doesn’t save anyone, the Law of God is “not grievous”, and is “the instruction for Life”, obedience is because we love Him!